Brett Maher has FINALLY been cut

WizardHawk

48 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Shiznizit!! There goes our best hope of losing out! He was one of the founding members of the GTFO club! 

Tbf, he was supposed to be an honored guest at the GTFO party.

This is the pregame for the real party

Edited by DaBoys

13 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

But....but....@Matts4313 told us that no one would be better and that we should just ride with what we had.

Thats literally not what I said at all. 

I said that there are like 20 teams actively looking for kickers, so there *might* not be a better guy on the streets.

If you are going to attempt to make fun of me, at least be truthful in it. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats literally not what I said at all. 

I said that there are like 20 teams actively looking for kickers, so there *might* not be a better guy on the streets.

If you are going to attempt to make fun of me, at least be truthful in it. 

Nah, plan9 pretty much nailed it.  Your apologies for Maher were strong and you referred to people who wanted him cut as the “grass is always greener club.”  

in any event I’ve got a lot of mixed emotions about this.  Maher definitely got the big picture and was perhaps the biggest proponent of getting JG TFO.  It will be sad to see him go in that regard.  I mean... will Kai miss a 30 yarder and then tell everyone he did the right thing?!?!  I don’t know.  But I do know that Maher unashamedly did his best to sabotage JG and was frankly proud of it.  I will miss that level of dedication to the cause.  It’s just a case case of too little too late to make me happy about this from an actual football perspective.

8 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Nah, plan9 pretty much nailed it.  Your apologies for Maher were strong and you referred to people who wanted him cut as the “grass is always greener club.”

Nah, pretty much not. Would you like me to pull the quotes so that you can promptly ignore them? 

24 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

in any event I’ve got a lot of mixed emotions about this.  Maher definitely got the big picture and was perhaps the biggest proponent of getting JG TFO.  It will be sad to see him go in that regard.  I mean... will Kai miss a 30 yarder and then tell everyone he did the right thing?!?!  I don’t know.  But I do know that Maher unashamedly did his best to sabotage JG and was frankly proud of it.  I will miss that level of dedication to the cause.  It’s just a case case of too little too late to make me happy about this from an actual football perspective.

If Garrett gets fired and the next coach leads us to a Superbowl, Maher needs to be seriously considered for induction into the Ring of Honour - He basically sacrificed his career for the franchise and that dedication should no go unrecognized

• Like 3