Cowboys release K Brett Maher; sign K Kai Forbath

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

How do you make a 63 yard field goal and get released in the same season?

Also, speaking as a Vikings fan, why didn't they just keep Dan Bailey??

Actually Maher is the only kicker to ever make three 60yd FGs....he just sucks anywhere between 30-49 yds.

Bailey is in a bit of a funk at the time and Dallas didn't want to pay him $3m/yr. It was stupid then. It's still stupid now.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

How do you make a 63 yard field goal and get released in the same season?

Also, speaking as a Vikings fan, why didn't they just keep Dan Bailey??

He had that back injury that led to his first missed XP and then missed several field goals to close out the season. They probably didnt trust his back long term

16 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

IIRC (and I'm not checking stats now) Forbath was money for the Redskins in many games from 40 and in. His accuracy waned outside of 40 yards though.

In Minny he missed more xps then anyone but was always money in the clutch. Was an Enigma.

8 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Forbath is a decent kicker. The Pats should have held on to him.

Over Nick Folk, yes.

The reality is that Koo shouldn't have been released.  Long-term, out of this motley bunch, I'd put decent $$ that Koo remains in the league the longest, and not by a small margin.  That ability to give onside kicks a legit chance saved him in ATL, and now his confidence is soaring.

Kicking is literally a "90% mental, other half is physical" position (points for who dubbed that first lol).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Over Nick Folk, yes.

The reality is that Koo shouldn't have been released.  Long-term, out of this motley bunch, I'd put decent $$ that Koo remains in the league the longest, and not by a small margin.  That ability to give onside kicks a legit chance saved him in ATL, and now his confidence is soaring.

Kicking is literally a "90% mental, other half is physical" position (points for who dubbed that first lol).

That would be the famous Yogi Berra

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Forbath stinks at xp kicking. He'll probably cost the Cowboys a game and Stephen A Smith will go nuts.

Yeah, it's so odd. I don't remember him missing many of those. In fact, I don't remember him missing much inside of 40 yards. Outside of 40? He blows.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 1:23 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Forbath stinks at xp kicking. He'll probably cost the Cowboys a game and Stephen A Smith will go nuts.

But he makes the clutch kicks remember the bomb he booted right before the miracle. I think hes more likely to win one then cost them one honestly.

• Like 1