Week #14 GDT: Steelers vs. Bills Play-off Seeding Play-off Game

Steeler Hitman

getting superstitious  , but if that helps why not. I prefer the to the normal uniforms  (block numbers). I never liked the rounded numbers for some reason when they made the change in 1997. 

Weather looks to be a bit of snow, and just below freezing, should be perfect. Hope it's like the game they had in Buffalo last time, weather and results.  I hop ether OL starts getting their game back, this team could be a threat if the running game gets going.

why are people saying this will be the most physical game? I haven't seen physical play from either team. The 49ers/saints game was legit physical playoff type game , but not many others in the nfl are anymore. I was flipping thru the games last weekend, quite a difference from the 49ers/saints game and the rest

15 hours ago, 3rivers said:

why are people saying this will be the most physical game? I haven't seen physical play from either team. The 49ers/saints game was legit physical playoff type game , but not many others in the nfl are anymore. I was flipping thru the games last weekend, quite a difference from the 49ers/saints game and the rest

Because they are both top defenses. People are ignoring what makes the defenses good though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 3rivers said:

why are people saying this will be the most physical game?

These are two hard nosed, over-achieving, blue collar, lunch pail type teams. I think that they both play hard and put fourth effort. I do not see quit from these teams. They battle hard to the end.

I haven't seen physical play from either team.

We will agree to disagree on this point.  Just because we haven't had physical smash-mouth football in all three phases of the game doesn't negate the other one or two that have been.  I think our defense has battled and played hard every game.  They have gotten worn down early in the season (New England and Seattle games because of T.O.P.).  Our offense has been physical at times as well and helped run the clock out and rest the defense in several games of late (six, seven and even eight minute drives).

The 49ers/saints game was legit physical playoff type game , but not many others in the NFL are anymore.

I think you may be confusing marquee or what some call five star with what many of us term play-off caliber teams.  Both of these teams are in the thick of the Wild-card race and fighting to secure and keep their positions (fifth and sixth seed or move up).  That is play-off caliber in my humble opinion. Being sexy as the 49'ers and Saints or Ravens and 49'ers , the Steelers and Bills may not be, but I still believe that both of these teams are legitimate play-off teams. This is a test for both teams.

I was flipping thru the games last weekend, quite a difference from the 49ers/Saints game and the rest

That was a great classic game that would rival Rams and Chiefs last year or Steelers and Ravens of 2017 with the "Immaculate Extension" in terms of excitement and competitiveness among rivals and very good  football teams. Who knows, Duck and Allen may surprise or the defense may be trying to outscore one another.  Either way, I am pretty excited about seeing the Steelers compete against a very solid football team that was a few missed long passes away from possibly upsetting the Ravens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

That was a great classic game that would rival Rams and Chiefs last year or Steelers and Ravens of 2017 with the "Immaculate Extension" in terms of excitement and competitiveness among rivals and very good  football teams. Who knows, Duck and Allen may surprise or the defense may be trying to outscore one another.  Either way, I am pretty excited about seeing the Steelers compete against a very solid football team that was a few missed long passes away from possibly upsetting the Ravens.

I never watched much of the rams chiefs game, but saw the play Houston made. I normally don't like high scoring games, the SB the eagles won was a yawn... but the ending was decent. I am looking forward to this game too, but I haven't seen the physicality others mention.  Football from the mid 80's until mid 2000's was a different game that's for sure. 

They need to win this game or forget about the ravens wk17 . JJSS should be rested and healed before he plays.  Challenge the rest of the team, just as they have all year.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

This is going to be a tough game....but if we actual win it, there’s a path to 11 wins. 

And that’s just stupid if you think about it. 

I don't know why everyone is so shocked we could get to 11 wins. All we needed was decent QB play since the defence became legit once Minkah arrived.  The real weakness in the secondary was when burns and davis were starting, high colbert draft picks. Edmunds  was a part of that but I think Minkah has helped Edmunds improve.  Then consider the improve 2019 Bud and the addition of some speed at ILB, and the 2019 defence is legit. The stats since Minkah arrived don't lie either, near best in the NFL in many categories. 

I am expecting some TO's in this game. Pressure/ hit  Allen, he might lack mobility (foot/ankle injury) and he will take chances. It could be week 17 vs RG3, but lets not forget next week too, vs PBA 251 Bell if they let him play.  Maybe they will scratch him for the rest of the year so he will be healthy for a trade in the springxD