Week #14 GDT: Steelers vs. Bills Play-off Seeding Play-off Game

Steeler Hitman

On 12/10/2019 at 2:01 PM, jebrick said:

Right now, the Bills have a better offense than the Steelers.  This could easily be a 6-3 final score.

Conventional wisdom says that your are correct Jebrick.  I just have a feeling that the score is going to be higher than we think (i.e. in the 20's). Hence my prediction of a 26-20 Steelers victory.

I somewhat agree with Steeler Hitman on this one. With the addition of Connor, our play action passing game should be available for big plays to JW or DJ. With this in mind, I see us scoring over 20 points and with the playoffs now so close I think we will find a way to win. It may come down to a last second field goal or a defensive stand to end the game.

Is this a game the coaching staff uses to begin turning Duck loose to go for a few more deep throws? If we really are playing for the postseason, we might as well prepare in such a way that we have a chance when we get there.

10 or 11 wins and one playoff win would be an A+ season from this group.

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

JuJu is already ruled out for the game

anyone know if this is the same knee he hurt in the pro bowl?

5 hours ago, oksteeler said:

10 or 11 wins and one playoff win would be an A+ season from this group.

agree. How about your grade for the teams of the killer b era? What underachievers as a unit, but really good statistically individually (if that makes sense) 

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

agree. How about your grade for the teams of the killer b era? What underachievers as a unit, but really good statistically individually (if that makes sense) 

wish we got to see them healthy in the playoffs. the only playoff game they lost with all 3 playing the whole game was the 2017 div game against the jags were they scored 35+ points against a elite defense. I think a healthy Bell helps us in the WC against the ravens in 2014, a healthy bell and brown wins the div rd in 2015 and having bell on the 2018 team might of added one more win and we're in the playoffs last yr. not sure they win a SB with these guys being healthy, but I see more than 3 playoff wins and multiple AFC title game appearances(they still lose badly to NE since the defense is doo doo against Brady)

51 minutes ago, August4th said:

wish we got to see them healthy in the playoffs. the only playoff game they lost with all 3 playing the whole game was the 2017 div game against the jags were they scored 35+ points against a elite defense. I think a healthy Bell helps us in the WC against the ravens in 2014, a healthy bell and brown wins the div rd in 2015 and having bell on the 2018 team might of added one more win and we're in the playoffs last yr. not sure they win a SB with these guys being healthy, but I see more than 3 playoff wins and multiple AFC title game appearances(they still lose badly to NE since the defense is doo doo against Brady)

most of those points were  garbage time or playing catch up. That was one of the worst letdowns ever, the team didn't show up at all on both sides. It was too bad they couldn't stay healthy, maybe load management  but also running style, burfict etc.   Coates, I forgot about him -_- and all the dropped passes

15 minutes ago, August4th said:

Texans doing us a huge favor right now(up14-0 vs tenn)..we'll still be the 6th seed with a lose tonight if the texans beat Tennessee

There are some interesting scenarios though.

Even if Houston and Titans split but go 2-1, Buffalo wins tonight and regardless of whether they were to finish 2-1 or 1-2 , and as long as we win the last 2 if we lose tonight, Tennessee becomes the odd team out and we get in as at least the 6th seed