New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

14 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:
23 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

it’s only 8 minutes because they got caught😂

were Bengals staffers supposed to let him film an entire game just so they can have more evidence?

yes.

Honestly yes, the 1-12 Bengals could have just taken one for the team

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

If they got permission from the Browns to film and "forgot" to ask the Bengals, why wouldn't they be filming the Browns sideline? I don't understand 

They were in the Browns stadium.

“Can our camera crew shoot some documentary footage in your pressbox?”

”Sure.”

”Thanks.”

It’s not complicated.

The footage is 8minutes of a game that lasts three hours. How much of that is signals? Maybe a couple of minutes at most. This is a nothing burger.

A reduced fat nothing-burger with a side fried bupkis and zilchshake.

"Hello Mr. Business owner, do you mind if we come on your premises and film you and your employees at work?"

"Yes, that sounds fine, thank you for asking!"

"Oh, we also noticed you have a really important business meeting on site that day, do you mind if we film those people too without asking them?"

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Devil's Advocate here - wouldn't this be the way to do it if you were trying to do it again? You know, independent contractors and plausable deniability?

Conspiracy theory... sure. But worth noting. If you got caught doing something against the rules and if you decided to do it again, you'd do it via a proxy. Right?

We're not really in disagreement. My point was to Jakuvious saying they were admitting to something with their statement. I read the statement as essentially, "We hired these guys but they don't have anything to do with football operations. They are completely independent of anything we've ever been punished for." It was a PR statement and nothing more. They admitted to nothing and alluded to the layers of insulation immediately. Independent contractors, not football operations, no one in football operations has control of this project, yada yada yada. This really go alongs the lines of previous Patriot statements like, "That wasn't my interpretation of the rules."

Where we are currently at:

The Patriots organization will seek to exploit any advantage they can get. They have a history of questionable conduct with video cameras. No one can ever say for sure what because the NFL in it's usual pattern destroyed the evidence, handed out what it deemed fair punishment and never was transparent with the fans. Patriots lost a draft choice, some cash... whatever. If it helped them win a Championship I'd say it was well worth the cost.

Were they up to the same shenanigans? I don't know. I don't even know what they pulled last time thanks to the NFL and it's non transparency. I expect this time, the evidence will once again be destroyed, the Patriots may or may not be punished with some penalty that either is too severe or no where near severe enough. Regardless we'll never know. The NFL and their zero tolerance unless its caught on video tape and released to the public before we can destroy the evidence policy is a joke against sportsmanship.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

"Hello Mr. Business owner, do you mind if we come on your premises and film you and your employees at work?"

"Yes, that sounds fine, thank you for asking!"

"Oh, we also noticed you have a really important business meeting on site that day, do you mind if we film those people too without asking them?"

You asked a dumb question, I answered it. The film crew needs the Browns permission to be in their stadium, so they asked. They don’t need the Bengals permission to be there, so no one thought to ask. Is that truly beyond your comprehension?

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH if it’s not the Bengals this is actually an even bigger deal. 

As I’ve seen a few others say online, if this was indeed Spygate 2.0 (still need a lot of details and patience) there’s almost zero chance it started with the 1-12 Bengals and probably has been going on all season, if not multiple seasons. 

With that said, we still need an investigation to see if it was perhaps nothing. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As I’ve seen a few others say online, if this was indeed Spygate 2.0 (still need a lot of details and patience) there’s almost zero chance it started with the 1-12 Bengals and probably has been going on all season, if not multiple seasons. 

With that said, we still need an investigation to see if it was perhaps nothing. 

That’s essentially what I’m saying as well as piggy backing off of @ET80’s saying that if they’d ever do this again it would be through independent avenues so they’d have separation and plausible deniability as well.

• Like 2

Gabe Morency and Co. pretty much tore the Pats* a new arsehole in this great vid: 

"The Pats are like a married sex addict: he can't keep it in his pants and never will." LOL! xD

But this'll probably get swept under the rug by "Not So" Goodell like it always does. 

Edited by KManX89

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

They were in the Browns stadium.

“Can our camera crew shoot some documentary footage in your pressbox?”

”Sure.”

”Thanks.”

It’s not complicated.

The footage is 8minutes of a game that lasts three hours. How much of that is signals? Maybe a couple of minutes at most. This is a nothing burger.

A reduced fat nothing-burger with a side fried bupkis and zilchshake.

That's obtuse.

The documentary team had wrapped up two hours prior.  The "crowd shots" consisted of nothing but the coaches signals and player groupings.  

So what if the Browns gave them permission.  How about the Bengals give permission to the ravens to tape from their press box and bug their locker room?  

Systematic misbehavior doesn't cease to be a misbehavior simply because the victim  currently has a lousy record.  And repeat offenders don't get the leeway or benefit of the doubt when caught doing the same thing they were busted for.

• Like 10