New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

I mean.... it is the Pats. Who knows if they just are so used to cheating at this point that they just think they can get away with it, but this is starting to look really bad. Maybe the answer to why the Pats Dynasty is so incredible is just cause they keep cheating and getting away with it.....

Bad look for an organization with a really bad history.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

That's obtuse.

The documentary team had wrapped up two hours prior.  The "crowd shots" consisted of nothing but the coaches signals and player groupings.  

So what if the Browns gave them permission.  How about the Bengals give permission to the ravens to tape from their press box and bug their locker room?  

Systematic misbehavior doesn't cease to be a misbehavior simply because the victim  currently has a lousy record.  And repeat offenders don't get the leeway or benefit of the doubt when caught doing the same thing they were busted for.

He asked a question, I answered it. Taking my answer out of context, then fundamentally misunderstanding it, means you’ve said something totally irrelevant to the point I was making.

As for the bolded, Congratulations on disagreeing with something nobody said.

9 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

He asked a question, I answered it. Taking my answer out of context, then fundamentally misunderstanding it, means you’ve said something totally irrelevant to the point I was making.

As for the bolded, Congratulations on disagreeing with something nobody said.

And pardon me for responding on page 15 of a conversation without personally re-checking each and every comment you specifically made in it.  

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Scorching takes in here. 

Honest question here - where does the Brady guilt stuff fall in here? I get Kraft, it’s his team so ultimately he’s responsible for whatever goes on underneath him. I get Belichick, he’s the HC and we’re assuming he’s the orchestrator. Why Tom, though? He’s a player. I’m guessing it’s because he’s either A) somehow a main beneficiary, or B) we’re assuming he is in on it and is playing a role in the “scam” here. Point A doesn’t make sense and point B is...a stretch. 

Pitchforks are out (as per usual) but even for the most paranoid, don’t see how Brady falls into this poopstorm. Should probably decapitate Jarrett Stidham too - it’s one QB room after all. Best to track Brian Hoyer as well. 

This isn’t about some rookie or journeyman QB benefitting. There’s only one other person that’s benefitted the same (if not more) as Belichick has through all the scandals. No excuses this time.

You know Brady was in on it. Deep down, you know. 

Edited by Tony7188

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

They were in the Browns stadium.

“Can our camera crew shoot some documentary footage in your pressbox?”

”Sure.”

”Thanks.”

It’s not complicated.

The footage is 8minutes of a game that lasts three hours. How much of that is signals? Maybe a couple of minutes at most. This is a nothing burger.

A reduced fat nothing-burger with a side fried bupkis and zilchshake.

And they just HAPPENED to film their next opponent's sideline and not the team they asked. How the heck did your reply to him make any sense in your head?

Agreed on they got nothing from it. I'm bothered by who they then chose to film.

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Scorching takes in here. 

Honest question here - where does the Brady guilt stuff fall in here? I get Kraft, it’s his team so ultimately he’s responsible for whatever goes on underneath him. I get Belichick, he’s the HC and we’re assuming he’s the orchestrator. Why Tom, though? He’s a player. I’m guessing it’s because he’s either A) somehow a main beneficiary, or B) we’re assuming he is in on it and is playing a role in the “scam” here. Point A doesn’t make sense and point B is...a stretch. 

Pitchforks are out (as per usual) but even for the most paranoid, don’t see how Brady falls into this poopstorm. Should probably decapitate Jarrett Stidham too - it’s one QB room after all. Best to track Brian Hoyer as well. 

How does A not make sense. I know they would NEVER cheat but if they had been all these years and now he has all these accolades because of unfair team success, then logically people are going to bring him up.

6 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

This isn’t about some rookie or journeyman QB benefitting. There’s only one other person that’s benefitted the same (if not more) as Belichick has through all the scandals. No excuses this time.

You know Brady was in on it. Deep down, you know. 

How does he benefit the same, if not more than Belichick? How does he benefit more than the other players? If you’re going to say he’s gets major benefit from a scandal and should this be punished for it, then every single player on the Patriots should be punished too. 

And I guess we’re assuming “he’s in on it” now? NE all but admitted to exactly what happened and there isn’t any burning of the tapes going on as far as I know. 

But yeah...let’s just assume...

(Side note: I want everyone who has said “benefit of the doubt” or “repeat offenders” to please move to NY and participate in elections...)

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

You asked a dumb question, I answered it. The film crew needs the Browns permission to be in their stadium, so they asked. They don’t need the Bengals permission to be there, so no one thought to ask. Is that truly beyond your comprehension?

So you'd be fine with going to into any opponent's stadium and having anything you do filmed without your consent?

No. Shush. I know you're irritated and that's fine but you're actually not making any sense, no matter how much you think you are.

Acting like he's the one talking dumb now is absurd. And if you do, then all 31 teams should make a pact to film everything the Patriots do in every part of the stadium when they are away, since it's fine and they have the home team's permission.

50 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

And pardon me for responding on page 15 of a conversation without personally re-checking each and every comment you specifically made in it.  

You did nothing wrong. Dude is making zero sense and pretending he's so on point and everyone else is being so "dumb."

Defend your team, but don't be illogical as all hell while mocking everyone else. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

How does A not make sense. I know they would NEVER cheat but if they had been all these years and now he has all these accolades because of unfair team success, then logically people are going to bring him up.

Because we’d be assuming he benefits more than anyone else on the roster. You think Edelman wants to be in the HOF? He has no argument IMO but his supporters have solely gone off of his playoff performances. You think Trey Flowers gets the deal he got without his playoff performance(s)? Revis getting his lone ring in NE is no big deal to him? Amendola went from $1.6M to $6M+. Malcolm Butler almost made a career off of being in the SB. 

Some would probably argue it’s been going on post spy gate (assumption as of now) and Brady’s been the longest tenured Patriot, so he’s received the most benefit. The contrary to that is Brady was already a decorated, elite QB and has the less to gain/prove compared to a guy like Edelman or Butler who now have themselves set for life from their success in NE. You could say accolades, I could say finances - neither are definitely more important than the other, but I think to say Tom Brady being the GOAT is a significantly bigger benefit to having your family set up for life, is a stretch.

Edited by Yin-Yang

1 minute ago, Norm said:

You did nothing wrong. Dude is making zero sense and pretending he's so on point and everyone else is being so "dumb."

Defend your team, but don't be illogical as all hell while mocking everyone else. Ridiculous.

Same reaction from like 97% of Pat fans the first go with Spygate. Hell, most people were rooting against the 07 Pats that year cause the fans acted like their team did nothing wrong when it was the biggest cheating scandal of any sport ever. 

This time we’ll get the whole “NFL out to get us” and “Everyone does it” BS if this does end up being something. Probably already happening in their sub I wouldn’t doubt. Ridiculous 

• Like 1

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Because we’d be assuming he benefits more than anyone else on the roster. You think Edelman wants to be in the HOF? He has no argument IMO but his supporters have solely gone off of his playoff performances. You think Trey Flowers gets the deal he got without his playoff performance(s)? Revis getting his lone ring in NE is no big deal to him? Amendola went from $1.6M to $6M+. Malcolm Butler almost made a career off of being in the SB. 

Some would probably argue it’s been going on post spy gate (assumption as of now) and Brady’s been the longest tenured Patriot, so he’s received the most benefit. The contrary to that is Brady was already a decorated, elite QB and has the least to gain compared to a guy like Edelman or Butler who now have themselves set for life from their success in NE. You could say accolades, I could say finances - neither are definitely more important than the other, but I think to say Tom Brady being the GOAT is a significantly bigger benefit to having your family set up for life, is a stretch.

I'm not saying he benefits more or most. But he has the most accolades from any player during the dynasty. It's not some wild crazy thing that he won't come up most. That doesn't mean anyone in here doing that thinks a million others didn't benefit, if this is all real. We can have it both ways. Feels like you're trying to hard to make a nuanced argument when I think everyone agrees it is, it's just natural for Brady to come up most often, with BB.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Pats fans are doing quite the spin job on sites galore right now

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Same reaction from like 97% of Pat fans the first go with Spygate. Hell, most people were rooting against the 07 Pats that year cause the fans acted like their team did nothing wrong when it was the biggest cheating scandal of any sport ever. 

This time we’ll get the whole “NFL out to get us” and “Everyone does it” BS if this does end up being something. Probably already happening in their sub I wouldn’t doubt. Ridiculous 

I'd fight back pretty hard too I'm sure. But I'd also have some serious self doubts about how legit we were too. Not that I would admit them to anyone.