New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

Except everyone I talk to mentions Tom and Bill as the greatest. 

Cause people typically have short attention spans.  Ask those same people right now in the midst of another cheating scandal and watch them change their tune.

Hell if you asked me a week ago who the GOAT coach is I probably would've said Belichick.  Cause even I forget sometimes how egregious their cheating scandals have been.  Events like this just bring them back to the forefront.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@3rivers Goodell could care less about cheating, his main goal is to protect the brand. That’s all he cares about. If he knew this whole time Pats were cheating but the media didn’t know, he would of just looked the other way. 

Exactly right.  That's why the first Spygate scandal was largely swept under the rug and the tapes destroyed.  Goddell didn't want the extent of the Patriots cheating to be made public because it would damage the entire league's brand.  People would have probably called for the Patriots first 3 Super Bowls to be revoked and that's a scandal no professional sports league wants with its marquee franchise.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VanS said:

Cause people typically have short attention spans.  Ask those same people right now in the midst of another cheating scandal and watch them change their tune.

Hell if you asked me a week ago who the GOAT coach is I probably would've said Belichick.  Cause even I forget sometimes how egregious their cheating scandals have been.  Events like this just bring them back to the forefront.

People on my FB timeline aren’t even making that big a deal about it. 

2 hours ago, VanS said:

Exactly right.  That's why the first Spygate scandal was largely swept under the rug and the tapes destroyed.  Goddell didn't want the extent of the Patriots cheating to be made public because it would damage the entire league's brand.  People would have probably called for the Patriots first 3 Super Bowls to be revoked and that's a scandal no professional sports league wants with its marquee franchise.

On Undisputed, I think that Shannon was saying something about how that first Spygate incident was way worse than anyone thought. And, I agree with you about what Goodell did, but isn't that the problem? Integrity is taking a back seat to money and image more and more in sports. Allowing NE to get off for what they did (and, if a team is going to do that, they shouldn't be your marquee franchise in the first place) was wrong, plain and simple. No wonder why you have guys like Brian Tuohy and the guy who runs the Super Fraud blog questioning these sports today. They are all fixed.

• Like 2

Even if this was Spygate 2.0 and resolved in the next 3 weeks (won’t be), Goodell would never have the balls to do a playoff ban. When it would be the right think to do as we have no idea how much information they memorized. Plus moral reasons of course, why would they be allowed to win a championship? 

Obviously still need a lot of evidence though and even if this was something (still could be an odd coincidence), would probably takes months of investigation. My point was Goodell would just never have the balls to do a playoff ban. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

There's a weirdly comforting narrative for fans of other teams that the Pats have only won as much as they have through cheating. So they are honestly the last people who could have objective thoughts about this story. 

I'm a fan of no team.  I follow the NFL because of the players and I'm bothered by the cheating allegations.  Hell I was rooting for the Patriots this past weekend against the Chiefs.  This story as well as the previous scandals are just a bad look for the league.  I would love to believe the Patriots dynasty was legit but these scandals make it look fraudulent.

8 hours ago, Norm said:

So you'd be fine with going to into any opponent's stadium and having anything you do filmed without your consent?

No. Shush. I know you're irritated and that's fine but you're actually not making any sense, no matter how much you think you are.

Acting like he's the one talking dumb now is absurd. And if you do, then all 31 teams should make a pact to film everything the Patriots do in every part of the stadium when they are away, since it's fine and they have the home team's permission.

Basic reading comprehension isn’t just falling everyday. Is Trump cutting school funding over there? Where did I say anything like that?

He asked “how could they only ask the Browns”, I explained. Everything else you’re talking about is straw man nonsense.

9 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

And pardon me for responding on page 15 of a conversation without personally re-checking each and every comment you specifically made in it.  

...or even the post you were replying to. I love that, just wade in, then when someone says you’re confused say “well I haven’t read everything! Of course I don’t understand what you were saying!”, as if that’s actually a defense.

2 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Y'all already got like 20 rings and had Goodell in the back pocket. What's good with the video finessing?

I'm convinced the Erin Andrews creeper was a Patriots employee. icon_lol.gif

Do people seriously think this? I can’t get my head around it. Do you just believe whatever you want to believe?

• Like 1