New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Even if this was Spygate 2.0 and resolved in the next 3 weeks (won’t be), Goodell would never have the balls to do a playoff ban. When it would be the right think to do as we have no idea how much information they memorized. Plus moral reasons of course, why would they be allowed to win a championship? 

Obviously still need a lot of evidence though and even if this was something (still could be an odd coincidence), would probably takes months of investigation. My point was Goodell would just never have the balls to do a playoff ban. 

This is just an opinion however, and cannot be proven anyhow. Never mind the fact that such an act by any major pro sports team would be and is currently unprecedented.

3 hours ago, VanS said:

I'm a fan of no team.  I follow the NFL because of the players and I'm bothered by the cheating allegations.  Hell I was rooting for the Patriots this past weekend against the Chiefs.  This story as well as the previous scandals are just a bad look for the league.  I would love to believe the Patriots dynasty was legit but these scandals make it look fraudulent.

I'm a fan of no team

HAAAAAAAA HHHHAAAA  HHHHAAAAA.

Occupation Swamp Land real estate !!!

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

There's a weirdly comforting narrative for fans of other teams that the Pats have only won as much as they have through cheating. So they are honestly the last people who could have objective thoughts about this story. 

Pats fan.   What I see is a complete idiot. BB to let any camera in another stadium .  I'm at the point where they should  fry his *** for stupidity. Do your job!!!!!!!!! GMAFB.  1st thing in my head when i heard this. What are the Pats morons.

So don't say all Pats

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Basic reading comprehension isn’t just falling everyday. Is Trump cutting school funding over there? Where did I say anything like that?

He asked “how could they only ask the Browns”, I explained. Everything else you’re talking about is straw man nonsense.

...or even the post you were replying to. I love that, just wade in, then when someone says you’re confused say “well I haven’t read everything! Of course I don’t understand what you were saying!”, as if that’s actually a defense.

Clearly I needed a sarcasm font.  Of course, we are all wrong and you alone are right in all of this.  Congrats

Bottomline:

The Patriots organization has lost any and all benefit of the doubt, as they should have. They've been disciplined for cheating multiple times, and Roger Goodell destroyed evidence from 2000 to 2007 for a reason, knowing that if it ever got out, the league would be extremely scrutinized/compromised. Money, ratings, careers, etc.

Then there's "Deflategate"...

Now, you have potentially "Spygate 2.0". An "independent" film crew filming the sideline for an upcoming opponent, watching them signal in plays, their coaching staff, etc. The hilarious part to me is that the film crew quickly asked if they could just forget the whole thing and just delete the film...that's just as bad if not worse.

They deserve every bit of scrutiny that they're currently under and then some. The only reason that this isn't a bigger deal nationally (and it's starting to become that way) is because it's the BENGALS. What if it was a divisional team? What if it was a playoff caliber opponent? What if one or multiple of those Bengals coaches go elsewhere next year and they have a leg up to start out? What if this leads to a paper trail of past incidences where they've done THE EXACT SAME THING TO OTHER TEAMS?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Bottomline:

The Patriots organization has lost any and all benefit of the doubt, as they should have. They've been disciplined for cheating multiple times, and Roger Goodell destroyed evidence from 2000 to 2007 for a reason, knowing that if it ever got out, the league would be extremely scrutinized/compromised. Money, ratings, careers, etc.

Then there's "Deflategate"...

Now, you have potentially "Spygate 2.0". An "independent" film crew filming the sideline for an upcoming opponent, watching them signal in plays, their coaching staff, etc. The hilarious part to me is that the film crew quickly asked if they could just forget the whole thing and just delete the film...that's just as bad if not worse.

They deserve every bit of scrutiny that they're currently under and then some. The only reason that this isn't a bigger deal nationally (and it's starting to become that way) is because it's the BENGALS. What if it was a divisional team? What if it was a playoff caliber opponent? What if one or multiple of those Bengals coaches go elsewhere next year and they have a leg up to start out? What if this leads to a paper trail of past incidences where they've done THE EXACT SAME THING TO OTHER TEAMS?

This is why the NFL will screw this up. Nothing you say is untrue, but let's be honest, videotaping the sideline doesn't really matter. The plays were coming through the radio, so even if this was cheating, it was about as effective as a player shifting the ball up a yard to try and influence a spot. So the NFL needs to come out and say "yes they broke a rule, yes it's the same guys who always push the envelope, but no it doesn't really matter". And actually delivering that nuanced, clear take is going to be impossible.

I look forward to the Supreme Court ruling.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is why the NFL will screw this up. Nothing you say is untrue, but let's be honest, videotaping the sideline doesn't really matter.

I don't disagree, but where the NFL really messed this up was Goodell destroying the evidence over a decade ago. If it's not a big deal, why destroy it? The same goes for Deflategate. If it's not a big deal, why does TB12 destroy his cell phone?

The (admittedly potentially unfortunate) reality is that the court of public opinion is a real thing. Most of us Americans can be/will be forgiving when people own their mistakes, but when we sense a cover-up, we are ruthless and want blood. Watergate, for example, the crime wasn't really a big deal, but the cover-up was...the same for Lewinskygate, etc.

27 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The plays were coming through the radio, so even if this was cheating, it was about as effective as a player shifting the ball up a yard to try and influence a spot. So the NFL needs to come out and say "yes they broke a rule, yes it's the same guys who always push the envelope, but no it doesn't really matter". And actually delivering that nuanced, clear take is going to be impossible.

I look forward to the Supreme Court ruling.

I look forward to Roger Goodell completely messing this up any and every way that he possibly can, as well as the entire NFL PR department.

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Good thing you are not a investigator... just because they are a third party company the Pats are automatically innocent? You have zero idea how well they know the Patriots and what the agenda is. I work with third party companies every day, the same people, every day. Multiple companies in one building. 

People want this to be a story so bad, and its not. Bill isn't even involved with the "Do Your Job" series. Video taping a guy cover his mouth and call in plays probably got some seriously useful intel though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Even if this was Spygate 2.0 and resolved in the next 3 weeks (won’t be), Goodell would never have the balls to do a playoff ban. When it would be the right think to do as we have no idea how much information they memorized. Plus moral reasons of course, why would they be allowed to win a championship? 

Obviously still need a lot of evidence though and even if this was something (still could be an odd coincidence), would probably takes months of investigation. My point was Goodell would just never have the balls to do a playoff ban. 

A playoff ban hahahahahahahaha I love this website

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VanS said:

I'm a fan of no team.  I follow the NFL because of the players and I'm bothered by the cheating allegations.  Hell I was rooting for the Patriots this past weekend against the Chiefs.  This story as well as the previous scandals are just a bad look for the league.  I would love to believe the Patriots dynasty was legit but these scandals make it look fraudulent.

This is just the hateful and based off of your emotion.

35 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

People want this to be a story so bad, and its not. Bill isn't even involved with the "Do Your Job" series. Video taping a guy cover his mouth and call in plays probably got some seriously useful intel though.

Has anyone ever watched these video series?  Are they actually real?  Where can i watch it?

6 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Basic reading comprehension isn’t just falling everyday. Is Trump cutting school funding over there? Where did I say anything like that?

He asked “how could they only ask the Browns”, I explained. Everything else you’re talking about is straw man nonsense.

...or even the post you were replying to. I love that, just wade in, then when someone says you’re confused say “well I haven’t read everything! Of course I don’t understand what you were saying!”, as if that’s actually a defense.

Oh another average IQ guy who thinks he's a genius because he can subtlety insult everyone's intelligence. You absolutely said what he was talking about. Who gives a crap what post he replied to. You were implying all along the garbage he was replying to.

I know y'all think if you pretend everyone else is so stupid you get the high ground but that only works inside your own brain bud.

Vic Ketchman is a writer who worked for the Packers and Jaguars with responsibility for running their team websites:

"I was the editor of two team websites. In addition to content, I was responsible for management of the site, which included living within a budget. There's no chance I would've spent the money required to send assets to Cleveland, or hire a video production team from Cleveland, to video a pro personnel advance scout sitting in the press box. That kind of video content could've been accomplished in my team's press box at no charge to my division." 

This suggests there was a budget that needed to be approved and that approval suggests Bill was aware and involved in the decision to spend the money
Why would you spend all that money if you're not getting any value from it ? Football operations is suddenly going to allocate a big bag of money for a fluffy website shoot ? That does not pass the sniff test.

• Like 3