New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

There is also another layer to this onion.  There was a brief report that the patriots had filmed the Bill's practicing punts prior to beating them via a blocked punt. Idk if this report is true.

But Roger Goodell made it a point to say that the first 'spygate' incident will be a factor in considering possible punishments.  Part of me believes that the patriots will get off with no punishment however considering they are claiming that they have footage of 8 minutes of filming The Bangles sidelines and suggested it shows the coaches discussing signals, and the Patriots know better than anyone it's against the rules and any logical person would not expect them to confess...it would not shock me if they DO get punished and this time, it is Histotic in a way that would make every team think twice about taking such a stupid risk again.

I am not saying that they are guilty I have no idea but I am saying that they look guilty

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Media talking heads will typically go to war for NE. I'll believe these reports when it comes from Roger Goodell or the league office officially.

why ever believe goodell though. Thats the problem, they need to get a real commish and clean up the league of teams that break rules. goodell alone is a reason to boycott the nfl

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

why ever believe goodell though. Thats the problem, they need to get a real commish and clean up the league of teams that break rules. goodell alone is a reason to boycott the nfl

I don't disagree with that but years the issue the media Talking Heads including rob Parker really have no authority and regardless of what we think about Rogers authority it's the one that's going to matter.

14 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Will you though?

Probably not. Because Goodell doesn’t care about cheating. He’s 100% about brand image. The more the public doesn’t know the better.  

Because just like 2007, Pats will get fined a draft pick and then we find out in 2027 that it was actually like 30+ games and a whole collection of footage, basically Spygate 2.0 in full operation. 

Goodell is a joke. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

Probably not. Because Goodell doesn’t care about cheating. He’s 100% about brand image. The more the public doesn’t know the better.  

Because just like 2007, Pats will get fined a draft pick and then we find out in 2027 that it was actually like 30+ games and a whole collection of footage, basically Spygate 2.0 in full operation. 

Goodell is a joke. 

Wasnt asking you. I already know you wont believe anything that would remotely exonerate the Patriots.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Media talking heads will typically go to war for NE. I'll believe these reports when it comes from Roger Goodell or the league office officially.

Honestly, I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe sometimes.

You watch documentaries or read books about the Salem witch trials and you think "man, that kind of hysterical witch-hunt could never happen now". And then a Patriots "scandal" emerges, and thousands of people who only read headlines start building pyres and chopping up kindling.

Madness.

Patriots 'filmed walk-throughs' and 'they deflated balls' are not the opinions of rational intelligent people.

They are the rantings of jealous fanatical crybabies. Marshall 'sexual harassment' Faulk is their ringleader.

Super Bowl 50 was won by an HGH abusing criminal who committed mail fraud and witness intimidation  (oddly, no one cares)

• Pre-ten-ding It was for my wife! (to the tune of the Nationwide Jingle)

Super Bowls XLII and XLVII were won by a QB who later committed criminal fraud that the league refused to punish.

The star of XXXV and XLVII is most famous for his missing bloody white suit that he was wearing during a double murder

XVI, XIX, XXXIII, and XXIV were won by the second biggest cheater in NFL coaching history (Walsh)

• His star WR was a cheater (self-admitted on TV) also won XXIX
  • His O-line were cheaters  (admitted by the star QB on TV)
  • The owner had to sell the team over criminal behavior

VII and VIII were won by a cheating coach on a cheating organization who were punished for tampering with that coach while he was still on the Colts.

• P*rf*ct S**s*n!

XXXII and XXXIII were won by an organization blatantly cheating the NFL salary structure

XVIII was won by a team that had a player later die at age 43 from  extreme abuse of steroids

XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX were won by a team with a WR who was a known coke abuser who stabbed a teammate in the neck with scissors and went unpunished.

XXI and XXV were won by a team who's star player was a notorious coke abuser who would send prostitutes to the hotels of opposing teams.

XLVIII was won by a bunch of freaks hopped up on Adderall  (even if the seal on the vial was cracked)

LII was won by a team that had a LB convicted of insider trading

XLIII was won by a coach who is the single worst cheater in NFL history. This guy actually stepped on the field to redirect Jacoby Jones on a return.

XLI was won by a team that pumped in artificial crowd noise and is owned by a drug abuser

Go ahead and asterisk every one of them. Then asterisk every other team that played in all of those years.

At the end of the day every team getting an asterisk means none of them have an asterisk.

Anyone who thinks losing a pair of 1st round draft picks for violating a memo one year and being accused of being a witch in another year is not enough punishment is truly disturbed.

Patriots-rings.jpg?fit=1544,806&ssl=1

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I'm confused if this post is trying to make the Patriots look better or what? All of the Patriots' Superbowl wins are under a head coach whose been caught cheating multiple times. If you want to recap the players on each of those teams who have committed or allegedly committed various felonies, we're going to be here a while....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Will you though?

Yes. I dont have a predetermined thought on this. I genuinely dont. They do 'appear guilty' and it's fair to say they wouldn't admit it even if they were but I also think if they were cheating, despite their record, theyd have a better offense. And why the Heck would they need to record Cincy of all teams? It just doesnt add up.

• Like 1