Jump to content
RuskieTitan

New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

Recommended Posts

What if all football is actually just a battle between teams playing with stolen hand signals? And the idea that some teams are better than others is merely a reflection of one coaching staff being more machiavellian than the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

What if all football is actually just a battle between teams playing with stolen hand signals? And the idea that some teams are better than others is merely a reflection of one coaching staff being more machiavellian than the other. 

What if football is actually a game played 11 on 11, with each team coming up with unique ways to advance and score when they have the ball, and then stop the other team from doing so when they have the ball? And then one team didn't follow rules and stole signals to understand what the other team was planning on doing? That would certainly seem like a competitive advantage, even if it wasn't necessary for a specific matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

What if all football is actually just a battle between teams playing with stolen hand signals? And the idea that some teams are better than others is merely a reflection of one coaching staff being more machiavellian than the other. 

Pretty much is.  Teams have been stealing signals for decades through various methods.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

What if football is actually a game played 11 on 11, with each team coming up with unique ways to advance and score when they have the ball, and then stop the other team from doing so when they have the ball? And then one team didn't follow rules and stole signals to understand what the other team was planning on doing? That would certainly seem like a competitive advantage, even if it wasn't necessary for a specific matchup.

What if stealing signals wasn't against the rules, which it isn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, childofpudding said:

What if stealing signals wasn't against the rules, which it isn't

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSriebe4Geu9Oi7MEodcA4

You cannot be this dense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, childofpudding said:

I clicked the first link and got this from the article.

Quote

A league rule prohibits teams from using a video camera on the sidelines for any purpose. In the Jets' case, they were filming from the end zone. The Jets film from both end zones during practice, a common procedure used by NFL teams.

Not gonna even bother reading the rest because you obviously haven't either

 

Also LOL at seeing McDaniels mentioned in the link url as a guilty party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its just amazing that an innocent mistake could be made after spygate 1.  You would think they would be ultra aware of this kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I clicked the first link and got this from the article.

Not gonna even bother reading the rest because you obviously haven't either

 

Also LOL at seeing McDaniels mentioned in the link url as a guilty party.

The 2006 memo sent to all teams said other places on the field as well. The ESPN story neglected to mention that. See here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d802456c2/article/belichick-speaks-with-goodell-apologizes-for-videotape-flap

But your response was expected. When I list several examples of other teams breaking similar rules and being punished far less, you dismiss it.

I posted another link of a Jets employee filming during the game from the sideline in 2011. Their excuse? They were filming something for Jets TV.  Lol. No big deal, though. It is the Jest after all.

Keep clutching those pearls

Edited by childofpudding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, childofpudding said:

What if stealing signals wasn't against the rules, which it isn't

It’s always been highly illegal and the only fans ever saying otherwise are Patriot fans. 

It was already illegal when the NFL sent out that kind league-wide memo after Pats got caught against the Packers taping, that this is cheating and don’t do it. It was a warning that to you are already breaking our rules. 

A memo doesn’t go out for a rule change. That takes tons of documentation and votes. 

Edited by BayRaider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

The 2006 memo sent to all teams said other places on the field as well. The ESPN story neglected to mention that. See here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d802456c2/article/belichick-speaks-with-goodell-apologizes-for-videotape-flap

But your response was expected. When I list several examples of other teams breaking similar rules and being punished far less, you dismiss it.

I posted another link of a Jets employee filming during the game from the sideline in 2011. Their excuse? They were filming something for Jets TV.  Lol.

Cool

Quote

Many of you have been up in arms regarding the presence of a man with a camera on the Jets sideline during Sunday’s game against the Patriots.  The camera was pointing out onto the field, and possibly across the field to the Pats sideline.

The Jets have explained to PFT that the man with the camera “works for Jets TV and shoots footage for our team programming.”

The Jets also have pointed out that the league’s 2011 policy on sideline media access permits “[c]lub video crews and video crews from television stations that produce and telecast club-licensed programming (e.g. coaches’ shows, team magazine-style shows, etc.) may also be permitted to have a camera on the sidelines to shoot footage for those club-licensed programs only.”

Also, club-related sideline video personnel are required to wear lime green vests.  The man shown with a camera was wearing a lime green vest.

Thus, the presence of the camera doesn’t constitute a violation of the rules.  And any team can do it.

 

I didn't dismiss your links because "its about a team cheating that is not the Pats". I'm just not going to keep doing your homework for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s always been highly illegal and the only fans ever saying otherwise are Patriot fans. 

It was already illegal when the NFL sent out that kind league-wide memo after Pats got caught against the Packers taping, that this is cheating and don’t do it. It was a warning that to you are already breaking our rules. 

A memo doesn’t go out for a rule change. That takes tons of documentation and votes. 

It is not against the rules to steal signs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

It is not against the rules to steal signs

It is illegal to record them. You can steal with brain, memory, and notepad, sure. Always been illegal to use technology. Read the link. 

That creates an extreme competitive edge. 

Edited by BayRaider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×