New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

10 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

How on Earth can you make the leap that they do this to everyone? That's a pretty serious leap in logic

I actually think it's the logical leap. Clearly they don't need to cheat to beat the Bengals so either A. They felt they did need to scout sideline calls to beat them or B. This is just business as usual. I choose the latter. 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Forgive me if I'm not willing to trust them at this point.

It would be a pretty easy thing to dispute, if untrue. The teams would be able to say “yeah, we did credential these guys before on such and such date.”

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

It would be a pretty easy thing to dispute, if untrue. The teams would be able to say “yeah, we did credential these guys before on such and such date.”

I understand & I agree but I mean their past creates obvious skepticism and I'm not really saying they're lying that's not what I'm trying to imply here this is a situation where I don't know if they are truly guilty of anything but I think the league is going to take the approach that they  are

• Like 1

8 hours ago, childofpudding said:

They did break a rule, and if it is shown that the video footage was intended to be used for competitive advantage, then the team and Belichick should be punished severely with fines, draft picks taken away, and coaching suspensions. If the intent wasn't there, a simple reminder of the rules or some kind of minor fine or punishment - as has been done to other teams in the past - would be plenty.

The intent does matter in terms of the punishment.

Well, you break a rule when you take your helmet off. Is that "cheating"?  

I looked at the vid. I saw substitutions and a bunch of people milling around on the sidelines. How is this "getting unfair competitive advantage"? 

7 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Let's step back from the conspiracy theories for a moment...

THE BENGALS

Does anyone really think that any team would have to steal signals from them to win?

I'm still waiting for someone to show me where they "stole signals".  

All  I see so far is a bunch of bluster and cries of "cheaters"

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Since I know for a fact everyone is going to ignore this, I'm just gonna go ahead and....

...yeah.

"Not involving the Patriots"

This implies they did have video crew at all of their own games (potentially taping the sidelines) lol

Some defense!

Edited by incognito_man

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Forgive me if I'm not willing to trust them at this point.

You’ve been provided evidence that it has not occurred with any other team and your position still stands that they’re cheating? If you’re given direct evidence that they weren’t cheating and you still won’t change your mind, then there really can’t be any more discussion. You’ve made it clear that your mind is made up regardless of anything that proves otherwise lol.

Also, someone on Reddit made a very valid point about this whole situation... It’s 2019, and if we wanted to get video of the sideline, anyone in the first 30 rows of a game with a phone could be paid to do it. We wouldn’t have three men in a media box, wearing Patriots apparel, carrying around a ton of pro-grade equipment and declaring to people ON THE FIELD that we are there doing it. 

Not to mention someone on there also posted about the 360 degree camera equipment built into the Ravens’ stadium. It records games from all angles. How is that any different?!

Not being hostile, just making some points that this whole situation is blown so far out of proportion that people just want it to be true so they can invalidate the Patriots walking all over the league for a decade.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Audio is hilarious. The Bengals security guy was like a cat toying with an injured mouse. He had him, knew he had him, and thoroughly enjoyed embarrassing the guy and making him look stupid. 

They'll have to take their wins anywhere they can get them