New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

They'll have to take their wins anywhere they can get them

That goes without saying, and is really better off not being said by a Pats fan, but yeah. It's objectively funny and entertaining and that guy deserves airtime on every major sports radio show for the next week. 

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

"Not involving the Patriots"

This implies they did have video crew at all of their own games (potentially taping the sidelines) lol

Some defense!

Of course they had video crews at all their own games. Why the hell would they tape a team they’re playing? They aren’t going to decipher signals (which no one even uses anymore) in real time. 

12 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

It only implies that they do this to every team in the heads of the jellies. JellY? :)

Jealous of a team who won 6 SuperBowls in 18 years? Yeah, who wouldn't be. Jealous of a team who cheated to do it? Ofcourse not lol It's sad and once the NFL finally takes it seriously they will be exposed for the frauds they are.

Goodell was smart to burn the tapes of Spygate when he did because if he didn't, they would of hit the internet by now.  This is unavoidable. Goodell HAS TO do something especially with the collective bargaining approaching in 2021. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Jealous of a team who won 6 SuperBowls in 18 years? Yeah, who wouldn't be. Jealous of a team who cheated to do it? Ofcourse not lol It's sad and once the NFL finally takes it seriously they will be exposed for the frauds they are.

Goodell was smart to burn the tapes of Spygate when he did because if he didn't, they would of hit the internet by now.  This in unavoidable. Goodell HAS TO do something especially with the collective bargaining approaching in 2021. 

I think this is the truth I think that this time it's gonna be a historical punishment. I think people are going to get suspended from the coaching staff potentially but also there is going to be historical find and multiple draft picks taken. I'm not condemning the patriots here on the sacked that I know they are guilty because I don't know for a fact but I do believe that the league office is going to move 4 with the assumption of guilt because of the history and with all due respect the patriots can only blame themselves. As a result I expect basically statement  In the way of a punishment to be made to in theory Search teams in the future not to cross these lines now will it stop it no by I believe there a historical punishment will be dealt  With that intent in mine

8 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Audio is hilarious. The Bengals security guy was like a cat toying with an injured mouse. He had him, knew he had him, and thoroughly enjoyed embarrassing the guy and making him look stupid. 

Because he was stupid. In this case, Occam's Razor suggests the Patriots had a really dumb film guy in the press box and there's not much else going on. They could have sat an employee in the crowd to film the same thing on their phone. This is a dumb controversy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Goodell was smart to burn the tapes of Spygate when he did because if he didn't, they would of hit the internet by now.  This is unavoidable. Goodell HAS TO do something especially with the collective bargaining approaching in 2021. 

I just been asking, RamsFan, where did the Patriots get "unfair competitive edge" in this video-ing?  Can you show that? explain it?  Thank you jelly guy

14 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

I'm still waiting for someone to show me where they "stole signals".  

All  I see so far is a bunch of bluster and cries of "cheaters"

Isn't that what started the whole thing the first time, though?  I thought it was that Eric Mangini, who had previously worked on the Patriots coaching staff, reported them for illegally filming the Jets when he became the head coach there?  He would have known what to watch for.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Isn't that what started the whole thing the first time, though?  I thought it was that Eric Mangini, who had previously worked on the Patriots coaching staff, reported them for illegally filming the Jets when he became the head coach there?  He would have known what to watch for.

Yes, UB, but that game v. Jets was the first where SOME RULE was actually enforced. Up until then, it was all legal. But what holds true now held true then, too!

What was the actual violation in 2007? It wasn't "stealing signals" but the media would have none of it because people like ESPiN were making $$$$ by telling the football heads what they wanted to HEAR. Same holds true here. The media is still casting this as CHEATING. And it isn't.

Meanwhile, NO ONE here will say exactly what the violation is. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

I just been asking, RamsFan, where did the Patriots get "unfair competitive edge" in this video-ing?  Can you show that? explain it?  Thank you jelly guy

The Patriots already said in their statement what they did was illegal. Why are you pushing for this? No ones jealous of a team cheating lol They also filmed the Rams redzone walkthrough in 2001 before the Superbowl and knew the plays before they happened. Plays they never ran and installed until just before the Superbowl. This has been going on for over a decade, why would someone continue to defend this team that's had a multitude of allegations over the years. I'm just at a loss for words. 

“In addition to filming the scout, the production crew – without specific knowledge of League rules – inappropriately filmed the field from the press box,” the team said in a statement. “The sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road. There was no intention of using the footage for any other purpose. We understand and acknowledge that our video crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, unknowingly violated a league policy by filming the field and sideline from the press box. When questioned, the crew immediately turned over all footage to the league and cooperated fully … We accept full responsibility for the actions of our production crew at the Browns-Bengals game."

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Patriots already said in their statement what they did was illegal. Why are you pushing for this? No ones jealous of a team cheating lol They also filmed the Rams redzone walkthrough in 2001 before the Superbowl and knew the plays before they happened. Plays they never ran and installed until just before the Superbowl. This has been going on for over a decade, why would someone continue to defend this team that's had a multitude of allegations over the years. I'm just at a loss for words. 

“In addition to filming the scout, the production crew – without specific knowledge of League rules – inappropriately filmed the field from the press box,” the team said in a statement. “The sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road. There was no intention of using the footage for any other purpose. We understand and acknowledge that our video crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, unknowingly violated a league policy by filming the field and sideline from the press box. When questioned, the crew immediately turned over all footage to the league and cooperated fully … We accept full responsibility for the actions of our production crew at the Browns-Bengals game."

The charge against the pats filming the rams walk-thru has been totally debunked. When the charge was made by a former patriots employee that was fired by the patriots for secretly recording a meeting, the proprietors of the Super Dome said that when the Rams did their walk-thru, the power to the stadium was OFF. It can't be filmed, in other words. No league action was taken. What's that tell you?

As far as the charges above, I will spell it out again: Taking your helmet off is a violation of rules  but it is NOT cheating. 
You see what's going on. The cameraman was looking for the Patriot advance scout, who was not present. If he had been there, there would be no violation.

So tell mw how this is "cheating"?  What unfair advantage is the Patriots football team getting with this video or anything they *could* have gotten? Explain??

3 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

The charge against the pats filming the rams walk-thru has been totally debunked. When the charge was made by a former patriots employee that was fired by the patriots for secretly recording a meeting, the proprietors of the Super Dome said that when the Rams did their walk-thru, the power to the stadium was OFF. It can't be filmed, in other words. No league action was taken. What's that tell you?

As far as the charges above, I will spell it out again: Taking your helmet off is a violation of rules  but it is NOT cheating. 
You see what's going on. The cameraman was looking for the Patriot advance scout, who was not present. If he had been there, there would be no violation.

So tell mw how this is "cheating"?  What unfair advantage is the Patriots football team getting with this video or anything they *could* have gotten? Explain??

If it couldn't be filmed then why were there tapes to destroy? There would be no tapes if they couldn't tape. The power in the stadium was off so the Rams were doing a walk through in the dark? WTF are you talking about.

please stop with the helmet stuff. It's not even comparable. Video taping a teams sideline instruction to it's offense/defense is a competitive advantage because you see how the players on the field react to the instruction given. It's a competitive advantage to know ahead of time what those signals mean and can audible out of your play to react accordingly. it's like looking at your buddy pick his play in Madden while you're on defense. Use that example going forward 

If you believe the camera man was looking for the Patriots advance scout then I have a bridge to sell you. The camera man froze up like a little girl and backpedaled once he got caught by Bengals security. Why admit you can delete the video if you did nothing wrong?

Why defend these clowns when it's been instance after instance of "questionable" tactics by the same franchise all of the same nature? 

34 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If it couldn't be filmed then why were there tapes to destroy? There would be no tapes if they couldn't tape. The power in the stadium was off so the Rams were doing a walk through in the dark? WTF are you talking about.

please stop with the helmet stuff. It's not even comparable. Video taping a teams sideline instruction to it's offense/defense is a competitive advantage because you see how the players on the field react to the instruction given. It's a competitive advantage to know ahead of time what those signals mean and can audible out of your play to react accordingly. it's like looking at your buddy pick his play in Madden while you're on defense. Use that example going forward 

If you believe the camera man was looking for the Patriots advance scout then I have a bridge to sell you. The camera man froze up like a little girl and backpedaled once he got caught by Bengals security. Why admit you can delete the video if you did nothing wrong?

Why defend these clowns when it's been instance after instance of "questionable" tactics by the same franchise all of the same nature? 

This is asinine. As mentioned, the footage captured was worse than what anyone within 30 seats of the sideline could have captured with a phone. Why on earth would you send a 3-man crew, with professional grade equipment, wearing Patriots attire, to sit in a press box, after having already notified multiple people of what they were there doing, to obtain sideline footage? Seriously, if you're gonna do this in 2019 there are literally much better and more secretive ways to obtain sideline footage, lmao. This is just absurd to me. If we were living in the 90's or early 2000's still, you might have a sensible argument - on that front - to build on.

Also, have you read any of my previous comments? It seems that you are selectively picking the easy arguments in this thread, rather than acknowledging the facts that prove your opinion wrong.

-It's been proven this has not occurred with any other team in the league.

-The Ravens capture every home game with their 360-degree-technology stadium cameras, including sidelines, all angles of play positioning, etc. Why aren't you crying about this too? How is it any different? Maybe we should demand the tapes from them as well?

-The statement from the Patriots was acknowledgment of liability in this instance. They acknowledge what the crew was doing was not technically permitted, and that they indirectly violated the rules. It was a technicality violation.

-The NFL already stated that there was no evidence of foul play, and that they didn't get anything an ordinary person with a smart phone couldn't have gotten.

-Again, why hire a crew painted in Patriots attire to do something you could pay a normal person $100 to do for you with an iPhone?

The Camera man knew he was in trouble, yes. That staff member from the Bengals was probably an old timer with a bias, sniffing out his big "gotcha" moment on the Patriots. There is literally no story here other than the one folks are making up with their false narratives.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

-The Ravens capture every home game with their 360-degree-technology stadium cameras, including sidelines, all angles of play positioning, etc. Why aren't you crying about this too? How is it any different? Maybe we should demand the tapes from them as well?

When the Ravens get caught cheating,  I will raise a concern; until then, they get the benefit of the doubt. The Patriots do not. Also, filming the entire stadium is not against the rules. Below is an excerpt of what the rule actually is for recording taken from the investigation in 2007 when the Patriots were CAUGHT signal stealing from the Jets.

NFL's no-video rule

The "Game Operations Manual" states that "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." The manual states that "all video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead." NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from a New England video assistant on the Patriots' sideline when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Taping any signals is prohibited.

Scouts funnel these observations to their teams' offensive coaching staffs, hoping to link the opponents' defensive signals to specific blitzes, fronts and coverages.

It's all legal under NFL rules, with one stipulation: absolutely no video recordings allowed.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3017542

21 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

-The statement from the Patriots was acknowledgment of liability in this instance. They acknowledge what the crew was doing was not technically permitted, and that they indirectly violated the rules. It was a technicality violation.

The Patriots cutting the guy loose and playing the "didn't know I couldn't do that" card is bull$h!t I'm sorry. A technicality violation is still a violation and playing dumb doesn't make it any less severe. It's hard to prove intent, but luckily we have a history of the Patriots with this sort of behavior so it's easy to assume their intent give past discrepancies. 

Defend them all you want. You're a fan and I would probably do the same. But where there is smoke, there is fire and the Patriots no longer have the benefit of the doubt in any instance given their history. I just hope Goodell finally grows a set and comes down on them. It's not the early 2000's where burning tapes is possible. Someone will get a hold of an inside guy and more information and they will get paid to sing like a canary. It's a matter of time. Would not be shocked to see the guy they just let go get paid to do any interview with a major media outlet on his time with the team and what else he videotaped. Then Pats fans will try to say he's a disgruntled employee to discredit him. We all know it's coming.