New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

Anything with a brain knows this is just a dude being an idiot and not knowing the rules. If the Patriots wanted to steal hand signals they certainly aren't going to have a dude decked out in Patriots gear record it with a giant monitor showing everyone in the room exactly what he's doing.

Hell I'd gladly take tickets supplied by New England to sit behind the Bengals bench and record the OC/HC with my iPhone but nah I bet they told this guy to painfully obviously record the Bengals sideline so they could steal hand signals that no one uses anymore. That makes way more sense.

• Like 2

Also, I'm sure literally everyone will ignore this for obvious reasons but can someone please explain the following

Every NFL team, or at least most, have a "fan cam" that takes photographs of the entire stadium throughout the game so you can find yourself in the crowd. You can easily see the sidelines of both teams in these fan cams. Why is no one concerned about this? The Ravens do a 360 degree VIDEO view of the entire game, where you can clearly see both sidelines! Hey guys! Ravens must be cheating!!! Shall we rage!!!

Edited by MookieMonstah

11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

When the Ravens get caught cheating,  I will raise a concern; until then, they get the benefit of the doubt. The Patriots do not. Also, filming the entire stadium is not against the rules. Below is an excerpt of what the rule actually is for recording taken from the investigation in 2007 when the Patriots were CAUGHT signal stealing from the Jets.

NFL's no-video rule

The "Game Operations Manual" states that "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." The manual states that "all video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead." NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from a New England video assistant on the Patriots' sideline when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Taping any signals is prohibited.

Scouts funnel these observations to their teams' offensive coaching staffs, hoping to link the opponents' defensive signals to specific blitzes, fronts and coverages.

It's all legal under NFL rules, with one stipulation: absolutely no video recordings allowed.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3017542

The Patriots cutting the guy loose and playing the "didn't know I couldn't do that" card is bull$h!t I'm sorry. A technicality violation is still a violation and playing dumb doesn't make it any less severe. It's hard to prove intent, but luckily we have a history of the Patriots with this sort of behavior so it's easy to assume their intent give past discrepancies. 

Defend them all you want. You're a fan and I would probably do the same. But where there is smoke, there is fire and the Patriots no longer have the benefit of the doubt in any instance given their history. I just hope Goodell finally grows a set and comes down on them. It's not the early 2000's where burning tapes is possible. Someone will get a hold of an inside guy and more information and they will get paid to sing like a canary. It's a matter of time. Would not be shocked to see the guy they just let go get paid to do any interview with a major media outlet on his time with the team and what else he videotaped. Then Pats fans will try to say he's a disgruntled employee to discredit him. We all know it's coming. 

Saying "the Patriots were caught cheating in 2007" is disingenuous to the truth. What they were doing was legal. Where they were doing it from, was not. They weren't doing anything that nearly every other team in the NFL wasn't also doing.

My point about the Ravens camera system is not directed at the Ravens in case you missed that. Rather, it's highlighting how absurd it is to think that the only way to capture sideline footage is from a press box, with a 3 man crew, after announcing it to people that were there, with a big screen showing what you're recording, while wearing blatant Patriots apparel lol.

21 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Saying "the Patriots were caught cheating in 2007" is disingenuous to the truth. What they were doing was legal. Where they were doing it from, was not. They weren't doing anything that nearly every other team in the NFL wasn't also doing.

My point about the Ravens camera system is not directed at the Ravens in case you missed that. Rather, it's highlighting how absurd it is to think that the only way to capture sideline footage is from a press box, with a 3 man crew, after announcing it to people that were there, with a big screen showing what you're recording, while wearing blatant Patriots apparel lol.

I love the downplaying of it lmao 

Can we call it Spygate? Is that allowed? Can we bring up the Pats were given the maximum fine allowed and the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in league history? Can we mention them losing their first round pick? 

Sound like a wife who got cheated on and she's defending her husband. "No, no he was just working late and his secretary always works late with him. Nothing happened though. He deleted all the texts because he always clears his inbox before he comes home. The perfume smell? He just likes the womens version of Curve more. It's a coincedence. Everything is good. We're still in love" lmaoooo clowns man

• Like 3

http://www.nfl.com/videos/trueview-highlights/0ap3000001086353/True-View-New-angles-of-top-plays-from-Chiefs-vs-Patriots-Week-14

with all the various angles the nfl has access to, it's absurd that  the pats, kraft productions or anyone else would have to hire additional camera people for any segments. Also, why did the pats have to record a team they are playing, isn't that a conflict of interest. 

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

If it couldn't be filmed then why were there tapes to destroy? There would be no tapes if they couldn't tape. The power in the stadium was off so the Rams were doing a walk through in the dark? WTF are you talking about.

There were NO TAPES from the super dome walk through of the rams, Ram Fan. The light came in from windows, I guess. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(NFL)

"Goodell and Walsh met on May 13, 2008, at which time Walsh told Goodell he and other Patriots employees were present at the Rams' walkthrough to set up video equipment for the game but that there was no tape of the walkthrough made; as a result, Goodell told the media no additional penalties would be brought against the Patriots.[12] Less than 24 hours later, the Herald issued an apology for the article about the alleged walkthrough tape.[13]"

The long and short is, Walsh *claimed* the patriots filmed the walk through but he lied. there was no video

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

please stop with the helmet stuff. It's not even comparable. Video taping a teams sideline instruction to it's offense/defense is a competitive advantage because you see how the players on the field react to the instruction given. It's a competitive advantage to know ahead of time what those signals mean and can audible out of your play to react accordingly. it's like looking at your buddy pick his play in Madden while you're on defense. Use that example going forward 

If you believe the camera man was looking for the Patriots advance scout then I have a bridge to sell you. The camera man froze up like a little girl and backpedaled once he got caught by Bengals security. Why admit you can delete the video if you did nothing wrong?

Why defend these clowns when it's been instance after instance of "questionable" tactics by the same franchise all of the same nature? 

So tell me, what was the cameraman looking for,,,, signals that will never be displayed? hint hint, they don't use hand signals.

I know you want to nail them badly but you are flailing.

Try to look at reality, the football side of the patriots operation was NOT involved with this filming. had nothing to do with BB. 

43 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/trueview-highlights/0ap3000001086353/True-View-New-angles-of-top-plays-from-Chiefs-vs-Patriots-Week-14

with all the various angles the nfl has access to, it's absurd that  the pats, kraft productions or anyone else would have to hire additional camera people for any segments. Also, why did the pats have to record a team they are playing, isn't that a conflict of interest. 

If the league and the Browns gave the patriots org. permissions, does it matter? All was good and on the up-and-up.

Apparently if the advanced scout was in the view box, there would be no violation? I guess. that is what they were supposed to be  videoing.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I love the downplaying of it lmao 

Can we call it Spygate? Is that allowed? Can we bring up the Pats were given the maximum fine allowed and the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in league history? Can we mention them losing their first round pick? 

Sound like a wife who got cheated on and she's defending her husband. "No, no he was just working late and his secretary always works late with him. Nothing happened though. He deleted all the texts because he always clears his inbox before he comes home. The perfume smell? He just likes the womens version of Curve more. It's a coincedence. Everything is good. We're still in love" lmaoooo clowns man

Based on the content of your posts, I am going to assume that you have no real intention on having a real discussion and that your mind is made up lol. That's fine, but don't pretend to have a healthy point of view when you're willfully ignoring facts about what happened in 2007, and about what is happening right now.

3 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

So, in other words, they were caught cheating? 

Not to be a smart a** but this is probably the most ridiculous take on spygate I've heard yet. The Patriots clearly believed where they were videotaping from gave them a competitive advantage or they wouldn't have knowingly violated league rules. The where you are referring to is a huge variable, and yes, it very much means they were caught cheating in 2017, there is nothing disingenuous about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

So, in other words, they were caught cheating? 

Not to be a smart a** but this is probably the most ridiculous take on spygate I've heard yet. The Patriots clearly believed where they were videotaping from gave them a competitive advantage or they wouldn't have knowingly violated league rules. The where you are referring to is a huge variable, and yes, it very much means they were caught cheating in 2017, there is nothing disingenuous about it. 

The biggest advantage would be a few rows right behind the benches with an iPhone X in 4k.