New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

3 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Based on the content of your posts, I am going to assume that you have no real intention on having a real discussion and that your mind is made up lol. That's fine, but don't pretend to have a healthy point of view when you're willfully ignoring facts about what happened in 2007, and about what is happening right now.

You're arguing over where they cheated and not that they cheated and I'm willfully ignoring what's happening now? Based on the content of your posts, I'm going to assume you have no real intention of acknowledging their cheating past and how it impacts this current situation. Just astonishing. 

2 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

This whole thing kind of has the feeling as being swept under the rug by Kraft's boy. Which will be hilarious and indicative of how society is in general. Doesn't matter what you do or when you do it, only matters who you know and how much power you have.

I don't expect anything to happen until the offseason, and if anything does happen it will be almost nothing. 

3 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

There were NO TAPES from the super dome walk through of the rams, Ram Fan. The light came in from windows, I guess. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(NFL)

"Goodell and Walsh met on May 13, 2008, at which time Walsh told Goodell he and other Patriots employees were present at the Rams' walkthrough to set up video equipment for the game but that there was no tape of the walkthrough made; as a result, Goodell told the media no additional penalties would be brought against the Patriots.[12] Less than 24 hours later, the Herald issued an apology for the article about the alleged walkthrough tape.[13]"

The long and short is, Walsh *claimed* the patriots filmed the walk through but he lied. there was no video

So tell me, what was the cameraman looking for,,,, signals that will never be displayed? hint hint, they don't use hand signals.

I know you want to nail them badly but you are flailing.

Try to look at reality, the football side of the patriots operation was NOT involved with this filming. had nothing to do with BB. 

So the Patriots acknowledged they were in attendance at said walk through. The NFL acknowledges that tapes existed from 2000 to 2002(you left that part of out). The Rams players (Faulk, Bruce, and Pace) admitted the defense had exact calls for specific red zone plays that they installed AT THAT WALKTHROUGH that they never ran before...but nope. No foul play. Want to know why Walsh and Goodell didn't admit any wrong doing at the SuperBowl? Cause if you say cheating occured on the biggest stage in sports in a one score game you essentially have to strip them of their title and it would RUIN the NFL's credibility. So 7 years after the fact they let it go. Sorry, I aint buying it.

It must be really dark where your head is if you think the Patriots football side of operations and BB specifically had nothing to do with this.

We have a prior infraction of taping walkthroughs where serious penalties were handed out in 2007. The same front office and coaching staff are in place 12 years later and we have ANOTHER instance of illegal taping and Pats fans defense is "An iPhone could of done it, All the teams do it, BB had nothing to do with it, its the Bengals, they were filming a youtube series, and no one uses hand signals anymore". Did I miss any other excueses? Please feel free to quote me and add them below. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

So the Patriots acknowledged they were in attendance at said walk through. The NFL acknowledges that tapes existed from 2000 to 2002(you left that part of out). The Rams players (Faulk, Bruce, and Pace) admitted the defense had exact calls for specific red zone plays that they installed AT THAT WALKTHROUGH that they never ran before...but nope. No foul play. Want to know why Walsh and Goodell didn't admit any wrong doing at the SuperBowl? Cause if you say cheating occured on the biggest stage in sports in a one score game you essentially have to strip them of their title and it would RUIN the NFL's credibility. So 7 years after the fact they let it go. Sorry, I aint buying it.

It must be really dark where your head is if you think the Patriots football side of operations and BB specifically had nothing to do with this.

We have a prior infraction of taping walkthroughs where serious penalties were handed out in 2007. The same front office and coaching staff are in place 12 years later and we have ANOTHER instance of illegal taping and Pats fans defense is "An iPhone could of done it, All the teams do it, BB had nothing to do with it, its the Bengals, they were filming a youtube series, and no one uses hand signals anymore". Did I miss any other excueses? Please feel free to quote me and add them below. 

The article I showed you said there were no tapes of the walk thru. What can I say.

So you really think BB was the evil mastermind to it, eh? LOL. I don't dare to ask for your "proof" LOL

And I have been open, and I have asked what is it that they did or even *could* do that represents cheating? What were they filming that no one else could see?
And all I get back is a bunch of bluster and groundless accusations. Oh well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

I wonder if it's an advantage to the offense to know what the defense is calling. Probably not, carry on.

Let's just undermine the fact that the best teams/players in the league actually have this advantage because of film study....

Edited by Nex_Gen

Just now, goldfishwars said:

I wonder if people hyping this up have made any link between Spygate and the improvements in phone technology between then and now. 

Just in case you think the Patriots dastardly plan for filming a future opposition'a sideline genuinely was sending a film crew in full Patriots gear to a crowded press box. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 9:44 PM, Split the Sticks said:

The article I showed you said there were no tapes of the walk thru. What can I say.

So you really think BB was the evil mastermind to it, eh? LOL. I don't dare to ask for your "proof" LOL

And I have been open, and I have asked what is it that they did or even *could* do that represents cheating? What were they filming that no one else could see?
And all I get back is a bunch of bluster and groundless accusations. Oh well.

Tin Foil Guy gonna tin foil guy. (no matter what all evidence and testimony says)

The Earth is flat and the Patriots taped walkthroughs in an alternate reality.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, goldfishwars said:
19 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I wonder if people hyping this up have made any link between Spygate and the improvements in phone technology between then and now. 

Just in case you think the Patriots dastardly plan for filming a future opposition'a sideline genuinely was sending a film crew in full Patriots gear to a crowded press box

So the fact it's easier than ever to film the other teams is supposed to make us feel better about it?

On 12/17/2019 at 11:32 AM, 3rivers said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/trueview-highlights/0ap3000001086353/True-View-New-angles-of-top-plays-from-Chiefs-vs-Patriots-Week-14

with all the various angles the nfl has access to, it's absurd that  the pats, kraft productions or anyone else would have to hire additional camera people for any segments. Also, why did the pats have to record a team they are playing, isn't that a conflict of interest. 

They 'had to' film the Bengals because they were doing a video on an advanced scout who was sent to watch the Bengals sideline. The scout goes to the pats next opponent, so the camera crew followed. 

I actually don't think this is a huge deal, but a rule was broken by a team with a history of breaking the rules who has been punished for breaking the rules in the past, which means this punishment has to be more severe than previous punishments. 

• Like 2

They were definitely looking for signals on the sideline. Both for plays and for which signals signaled substitutions during certain down and distance situations. This is why they kept going back and forth from sideline to field, to see which signals meant which play/players/during what down and distance. 

You obviously would not be able to do this on Gamepass. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, N4L said:

So the fact it's easier than ever to film the other teams is supposed to make us feel better about it?

No, I’m saying the fact you could do that so easily makes it less likely that sending a film crew in Patriots gear to a crowded press box to film a sideline is a masterplan to cheat.

• Like 1