New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d ban Bellichick for life but you gotta think of the backlash as a business. Fans will think they literally wasted 19 years on the NFL cause the Pays cheated every single year. A lifetime bans basically says “hey, forget the past 20 years”. It would DESTROY the NFL.  

Morally, banning Bellichick is the correct decision. Business wise, it is not. 

I dont disagree with that. But I'd still disqualify them from the playoffs 

Just now, BayRaider said:

This is blowing up on Twitter. 

It's worth talking about. If it turns out to be nothing and no form of cheating occurred, that's great, I'm hopeful that's the outcome. But If they get caught having done something wrong.....

Here is my issue right. So the "Do your job" segments appear to have been conducted in the Patriots' facilities, I could be wrong but it seems that way.

So if that's the case, why would they need a videographer at a Bengals/Browns game when they know they've got to play the Bengals?

Also why TF would they need to cheat to beat the Bengals?  If they were going to cheat to win a game Baltimore Houston or Kansas City would have done just fine

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It's worth talking about. If it turns out to be nothing and no form of cheating occurred, that's great, I'm hopeful that's the outcome. But If they get caught having done something wrong.....

Here is my issue right. So the "Do your job" segments appear to have been conducted in the Patriots' facilities, I could be wrong but it seems that way.

So if that's the case, why would they need a videographer at a Bengals/Browns game when they know they've got to play the Bengals?

Also why TF would they need to cheat to beat the Bengals?  If they were going to cheat to win a game Baltimore Houston or Kansas City would have done just fine

There is not much of a parity gap in the NFL. Bengals at home can beat anyone with a solid gameplan. 

Maybe Pats can’t even win a single game without cheating?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

maybe this was the trial of the idea, if this works, keep doing it - good intentions or not is the question right now. If they can get into this stadium with this excuse, it could work elsewhere if thats what they really wanted to do. I don't see the need for any segment  call ed "do your job"  anyways. If people don't do their job, they get replaced by people that will, just like the real world. 

I can't believe this is happening but hope it's not another spy gate. If it is, maybe goodell should get fired because how was this even allowed in the first place given their history. 

So we're still in the hysteria phase here, cool. That's where the media make a big stink out of not much, and all the people who hate the Pats start sharpening their knives.

Then comes the "oh it turns out it was probably nothing" phase. That's where investigation turns out that "spying" was actually "recording from the wrong place, in breach of a league memo that was only a few months old", and "secretly deflating footballs" is actually "balls had lost the same amount of pressure as if they'd just been left alone #idealgaslaw".

Then comes the "make an example" phase. That's where the League does what it does best, and bows to public/media pressure to "do something", and over punishes the Pats in way that's almost funny compared to other teams.

Then the "I can't believe they got off so lightly" phase. That's where everyone gets grumpy because they wanted an excuse for getting their butts kicked for 20 years.

Then the "Remember when the Patriots cheated?" phase. That's where people selectively forget the actual truth of the story, and only remember the headlines and totally disproven rumors (see Marshall Faulk's BS about stealing signals).

• Like 2

Just now, ChazStandard said:

So we're still in the hysteria phase here, cool. That's where the media make a big stink out of not much, and all the people who hate the Pats start sharpening their knives.

Then comes the "oh it turns out it was probably nothing" phase. That's where investigation turns out that "spying" was actually "recording from the wrong place, in breach of a league memo that was only a few months old", and "secretly deflating footballs" is actually "balls had lost the same amount of pressure as if they'd just been left alone #idealgaslaw".

Then comes the "make an example" phase. That's where the League does what it does best, and bows to public/media pressure to "do something", and over punishes the Pats in way that's almost funny compared to other teams.

Then the "I can't believe they got off so lightly" phase. That's where everyone gets grumpy because they wanted an excuse for getting their butts kicked for 20 years.

Then the "Remember when the Patriots cheated?" phase. That's where people selectively forget the actual truth of the story, and only remember the headlines and totally disproven rumors (see Marshall Faulk's BS about stealing signals).

All backdropped by the "mental gymnastics" defender phase, which is more of a permanancy than a phase.

• Like 4

You've been caught again Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Can't talk your way out of this one. No excuses.

The hand down of punishment: Removal of 2020 1st Round Pick + 2020 3rd Round Pick. 1 million dollar fine for Belichick + 1 million dollar fine for Brady   

That'll show 'em. 

Edited by Tony7188