New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

17 minutes ago, checkcola said:

What a sad state of affairs where the Patriots need help to beat the Bengals. 

Cheating is cheating... if you are going to do it, don't get caught.  

Seems kind of counterproductive in the “don’t get caught” department to inform one of the teams you’ll be doing it...

C’mon, Bill! The plainclothes janitor, like we planned!

27 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

"We're going to film you for the 'Do Your Job' feature. Now, just stand there with the Bengals bench in the background."

- Patriots coordinator of videos - "Dom Frady"

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, I don't think this is much of anything. I believe the league will see what is on the SD cards and rule this a non-issue.

You have a lot more confidence in the league's rationality than I do.

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t want anything. I want this to not be what it is, because it would mean we have all wasted 19 years. Literally. So I would love this to be nothing. 

However, having a camera focused on the sideline, and recording coaching signals (unless like 1-3 seconds in passing) is pretty dang obvious. Like I said, we’ll find out soon enough. 

I've enjoyed these 19 years, and my team lost to them in the Super Bowl.

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t want anything. I want this to not be what it is, because it would mean we have all wasted 19 years. Literally. So I would love this to be nothing. 

However, having a camera focused on the sideline, and recording coaching signals (unless like 1-3 seconds in passing) is pretty dang obvious. Like I said, we’ll find out soon enough. 

Yet you've spent the last 3-4 pages indicting them of whatever it is you already fabricated in your head there..

Edited by Nex_Gen

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

Yet you've spent the last 3-4 pages already indicting them of whatever it is you already fabricated in your head there..

Because it looks BAD and quite obvious and everyone one the first page was giving them a complete pass because of the BS documentary story, which means absolutely nothing. 

And right after my comments, more info comes out about it.

11 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

You have a lot more confidence in the league's rationality than I do.

Understood. But they have the SD cards and the agreement with Bengals to do it beforehand. As long as the SD cards show that they were indeed just doing that segment of the "Do Your Job" series, then I think the Pats are in the clear.

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Understood. But they have the SD cards and the agreement with Bengals to do it beforehand. As long as the SD cards show that they were indeed just doing that segment of the "Do Your Job" series, then I think the Pats are in the clear.

Correction, they had an agreement with the Browns, not the team they play next week in the Bengals nor the NFL. Like, why wouldn’t you get the NFL’s permission? Seems painless to give a phone call. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because it looks BAD and quite obvious and everyone one the first page was giving them a complete pass because of the BS documentary story, which means absolutely nothing. 

And right after my comments, more info comes out about it.

What looks BAD? What is so obvious? Do you have evidence of this? Maybe everyone is waiting for more official information to come out from the league before reacting to it. What's so BS about the documentary? Have you watched an episode to know if it's BS? What more information has come out other than the Patriots statement on the matter?

Edited by Nex_Gen

14 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

What looks BAD? What is so obvious? Do you have evidence of this? Maybe everyone is waiting for more official information to come out from the league before reacting to it. What's so BS about the documentary? Have you watched an episode to know if it's BS? What more information has come out other than the Patriots statement on the matter?

I am saying people were treating this as fake news when the allegations are VERY serious and there was recording involved. I did not like people acting as if it was no big deal. If the responses were “Lets wait for evidence” that would be fine but people were acting like the Patriots were already innocent. 

Evidence? There is already a video of them recording signals. An investigation will happen and see if they did that for a few seconds or the entire time. And further investigation to see if the whole Do Your Job series was just a cover up for Spygate 2.0 like the Laundry Business for Breaking Bad. 

It’s still very early, and it could turn out to be harmless, but this should not be taken lightly. 

Edit: What information has come out? How about Dianna from ESPN reporting that they recording the coaches signals and the Pats offered to delete it?

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I am saying people were treating this as fake news when the allegations are VERY serious and there was recording involved. I did not like people acting as if it was no big deal. If the responses were “Lets wait for evidence” that would be fine but people were acting like the Patriots were already innocent. 

Evidence? There is already a video of them recording signals. An investigation will happen and see if they did that for a few seconds or the entire time. And further investigation to see if the whole Do Your Job series was just a cover up for Spygate 2.0 like the Laundry Business for Breaking Bad. 

It’s still very early, and it could turn out to be harmless, but this should not be taken lightly. 

Edit: What information has come out? How about Dianna from ESPN reporting that they recording the coaches signals and the Pats offered to delete it?

So literally nothing has come out indicating the Patriots were in any wrong, and you're upset nobody wants to pull out their pitch forks and join your mob because they are still waiting for more information on the matter. Got it.

• Like 1