New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

55 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

"Spygate 2.0?"  So are we supposed to believe that Bill Belichick was worried enough about the 1-11 Bengals that he made the decision to send a guy there to film them in hopes of getting inside information on their playcalling? 

Come on, man. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures 

at least they treat all teams equally 

10 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

I am seeing a trend. Its obvious that these hand signals are critical to the Patriots success.

The only trend here is that the Patriots have been caught numerous times breaking NFL rules in regards to illegally filming things they shouldn't be. Whether that has anything to do with their success or not is completely irrelevant.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

-Game, practice, whatever. Potato, potahto.

Eh, that's a VERY big difference and not insignificant.

-As mentioned, I now realize the impact that recognizing hand signals has on a teams success. My apologies.

Hand signals, personnel calls, the list goes on.

-Their terrifying 1-11 opponent was in the background, and now we have 8 minutes of hand signals.

A few things here:

1. As many have stated earlier, their upcoming opponent should be irrelevant, whether they are 1-11 or 11-1.

2. Many speculate that this isn't the first time this has happened and/or they were setting something up in the future.

3. It would have been A LOT LONGER THAN 8 minutes if they weren't caught red handed.

-Zoinks. If only we had gotten away with it! Perhaps next time we won't notify another NFL team that we are there doing it.

They notified one team, not the other, and then filmed the other that they didn't get consent from. That's bad.

-What they did 2000-07 was illegal because of where it was filmed from, not the filming itself.

I'm well aware. They broke the rules and blatantly cheated. It's too bad Goodell destroyed all of the evidence. As I said, that's worse than the crime in all likelihood.

-That's the beauty of having an opinion. Nobody has to agree with it.

Um, ok? I'm fine with that.

-You're right. Im a liar, just like my awful hand-signal-thieving team and Im pushing a fake narrative to cover up my real intentions!

Where did I call you a liar? This is a pretty big overreaction man.

-Thanks for the input

-Because bias and hunches are grounded in fact.

I'm not stating that bias/hunches ARE grounded, but I am saying that this incident warrants a major investigation because of past things done of the same flavor by this organization, and they've 100% lost the benefit of the doubt here in any gray area. They've brought this fallout on themselves.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not stating that bias/hunches ARE grounded, but I am saying that this incident warrants a major investigation because of past things done of the same flavor by this organization, and they've 100% lost the benefit of the doubt here in any gray area. They've brought this fallout on themselves.

I'm just gonna quote this again

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Agreed, but again...They aren't employees of the Patriots. Its some independent production company. Also, again, that gives us nothing. What would we get?  A video of a coach talking into a head set and covering his mouth? Good stuff. Should come in handy.

I don’t know how you are making this such a non-issue. 

They filmed 8 minutes of the Bengals sideline. And only 8 minutes because the Bengals seized the camera. This was two hours after after the documentary had stopped filming. All coaches still use hand signals. Saints said they knew Moores hand signals in the Saint vs Cowboy game earlier this year. 

And how does an independent film crew make them innocent? They could still be in direct connection with the Patriots and paid. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

"Spygate 2.0?"  So are we supposed to believe that Bill Belichick was worried enough about the 1-11 Bengals that he made the decision to send a guy there to film them in hopes of getting inside information on their playcalling? 

Come on, man. 

You are one of my favorite posters, please do not be this naive and think outside the box here. If this is Spygate 2.0 there is absolutely zero chance it started with the Bengals and has been going on all season and possibly multiple seasons. We will have to wait for an investigation. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You are one of my favorite posters, please do not be this naive and think outside the box here. If this is Spygate 2.0 there is absolutely zero chance it started with the Bengals and has been going on all season and possibly multiple seasons. We will have to wait for an investigation. 

I guess the thought that the possibility it could actually be true is hard to get my mind around at this point.  At the same time, you're probably right that we should all wait for an investigation before forming any kind of opinion, either positive or negative.  That's fair.

9 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

....he was? That’s a new one. What part of Krafts masterplan was being docked 2 1st round picks for Spygate and Deflategate?

That's not nearly as bad as what the Pats should have gotten. And, Goodell destroyed the tapes and convinced the owners to believe that the Pats didn't gain an advantage.

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Come on, man. 

Maybe they done it every game but this is 1st time caught?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The only trend here is that the Patriots have been caught numerous times breaking NFL rules in regards to illegally filming things from the wrong place. Whether that has anything to do with their success or not is completely irrelevant.

Fixed.

Here's a source, to prevent your future confusion:

Spygate was an incident during the National Football League (NFL)'s 2007 season, when the New England Patriots were disciplined by the league for videotaping New York Jets' defensive coaches' signals from an unauthorized location during a September 9, 2007 game.[1][2] Videotaping opposing coaches is not illegal in the NFL de jure, but there are designated areas allowed by the league to do such taping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t know how you are making this such a non-issue. 

They filmed 8 minutes of the Bengals sideline. And only 8 minutes because the Bengals seized the camera. This was two hours after after the documentary had stopped filming. All coaches still use hand signals. Saints said they knew Moores hand signals in the Saint vs Cowboy game earlier this year. 

And how does an independent film crew make them innocent? They could still be in direct connection with the Patriots and paid. 

Even if this is true, filming plays and sidelines isn’t illegal as long as it’s from the proper area. Saints must’ve been cheating to and openly admitted it I guess!

12 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Even if this is true, filming plays and sidelines isn’t illegal as long as it’s from the proper area. Saints must’ve been cheating to and openly admitted it I guess!

Saints claimed they looked at college film of Moore playing QB where the hand signals he used as a QB matched his coaching signals. Because Moore is an idiot and the entire Cowboy coaching staff needs to be wiped clean. 

And the Pats recorded was not legal.