New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Correct. They're not opinions at all. They're facts. xD

The paper that printed the "walkthrough filming" story apologised and retracted it. There has never been any evidence it was even slightly true.

As for the delflated footballs, you can either be pro-science or you can enjoy your prejudice, you can't do both.

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

The paper that printed the "walkthrough filming" story apologised and retracted it. There has never been any evidence it was even slightly true.

As for the delflated footballs, you can either be pro-science or you can enjoy your prejudice, you can't do both.

There are text messages admitting to all of it. The "science" you refer to only argues that it COULD have been caused by the weather. Your franchise cheats. It's all good. At least they're winning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

There is also another layer to this onion.  There was a brief report that the patriots had filmed the Bill's practicing punts prior to beating them via a blocked punt. Idk if this report is true.

But Roger Goodell made it a point to say that the first 'spygate' incident will be a factor in considering possible punishments.  Part of me believes that the patriots will get off with no punishment however considering they are claiming that they have footage of 8 minutes of filming The Bangles sidelines and suggested it shows the coaches discussing signals, and the Patriots know better than anyone it's against the rules and any logical person would not expect them to confess...it would not shock me if they DO get punished and this time, it is Histotic in a way that would make every team think twice about taking such a stupid risk again.

I am not saying that they are guilty I have no idea but I am saying that they look guilty

A brief report?

Well, I'm convinced. Don't even bother posting the source bro. I don't need it. I'm with you 100%.

After all, they must have been secretly filming the special teams practices, right? Where else are the Pats going to get film of the Bills punting the football? It's not like they show footage of that on television.

33 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

A brief report?

Well, I'm convinced. Don't even bother posting the source bro. I don't need it. I'm with you 100%.

After all, they must have been secretly filming the special teams practices, right? Where else are the Pats going to get film of the Bills punting the football? It's not like they show footage of that on television.

I'll look for the source. I did say I didnt even know if It was accurate. You're missing the point. Hypothetically if the Pat's were guilty, it wouldnt shock me if something severe happened or if nothing happened at all. That was my point.

Idk if they're guilty. I cant make a determination based on the 'speculation' the media has provided. 

Edit: update on source of the Bills contraversey: Thad Brown - WROC-TV 

A correction on this from what I first stated. It was NOT an issue of NE filming the Bills, the controversy was that Bellichicks son and other staffers were on the field watching the Bills practice Punting drills during pregame warm ups and apparently Sean McDermott had to "shoo them off the field"

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Go ahead and asterisk every one of them. Then asterisk every other team that played in all of those years.

At the end of the day every team getting an asterisk means none of them have an asterisk.

We didn’t have technology and media consumption back then for all to be known  as we do now. What’s more none of those teams got busted for those things... and then did them again, while also finding other ways to cheat the on field product. So yeah. I had begun to change my tune on the Patriots considering their recent history without cheating... only to find they’re still recording.

Whether there’s anything “of use” simply means to me that they hadn’t gotten enough material because they were caught early. But how often were others not caught? Now one has to wonder. I’m not giving them any benefit of the doubt. Perhaps if it was something else such as a report that they were using Stickum on WR gloves for improved catching ability... maybe I might doubt that. But we’ve seen this story before. Fool me once, shame on them... fool me twice, they’re not fooling me twice.

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

TL: DR version:

-Pats fans:   Everyone does it, it's the Bengals, they asked for permission, team film is available from each game, those guys aren't even on the org, ppl weren't aware this was a rules infraction.

-Non-Pats fans:  Team asked the Browns, then filmed the Bengals; the league film everyone gets doesn't show hand signals, they always know every rule but not this one?  Plus - how does anyone but Pats fans give NE the benefit of the doubt here?

The Pats admitted responsibility for a broken rule.  The argument that they unknowingly did this rings most hollow - these guys know the rules obscure enough on how to maneuver pick compensation  to get extra picks and how to not have to declare eligible receivers in-game to baffle the other DC (BAL playoff game), and they've been taken to task on recording other teams - and they unknowingly broke this one?   Come on.

I think the punishment should fit the crime - if it was anyone but the Pats, this would be a 3rd/4th round pick forfeited, and a 500K fine.   Given the Pats have committed an offence in this exact area before, I'd say a 1st and a 5M fine.   But no BB suspension - unless there's a more concrete trail.   A suspension comes when you can show a direct line - like with the ATL crowd noise move, or the CLE GM texting to the coach in-game.     No trail, no suspension.   But as an org, to have done this, they can't get off lightly - intentional or not.  So the high pick capital and big fine to Kraft fits.  

If the league wants to keep teams from considering this angle (and signal stealing is definitely serious enough), then a strong message needs to be sent.  And rightly or wrongly, NE's record here gives them zero benefit of the doubt.  It's on them to show they did this benignly, given they've already taken responsibility.   

Funny considering Denver got busted for cheating the cap and routinely had the dirtiest offensive line under Shanahan.

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

Funny considering Denver got busted for cheating the cap and routinely had the dirtiest offensive line under Shanahan.

Ah yes and they got punished for it.  Glad you agree the Pats deserve it here given that’s your only take.    

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

Do we really know if the NE Patriots deserve it here?

Let me have patriots fans a question.

If it is found that it is very likely they truly did cheat are you of the opinion there should be a punishment?

Now let me ask non-patriots fans a question are you suggesting there should be a punishment right now because of what has been done in the past rather than what you can prove right now?

Edited by wwhickok

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Do we really know if the NE Patriots deserve it here?

Let me have patriots fans a question.

If it is found that it is very likely they truly did cheat are you of the opinion there should be a punishment?

Now let me ask non-patriots fans a question are you suggesting there should be a punishment right now because of what has been done in the past rather than what you can prove right now?

Well the issue is the Pats already admitted they violated the rule.  So proof isn’t in doubt  here.  If it was a question by all means let the investigation play itself out. But their admission kind of moves it to the next stage.  Which is why their past matters so much.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1