New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

21 minutes ago, mistakey said:

imagine getting caught cheating, doing it again and then getting the benefit of the doubt

if only i was that lucky

No benefit of the doubt. Just a belief that if you were going to cheat, you'd be less stupid about it.

And as I said, I don't think it should matter to the punishment anyway. Intent is irrelevant for me.

3 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

Do you have any idea who this filming crew in Cincinatti was - because I sure don't. Please tell me. They are not Patriot hires, as best I know.

And finally, since you have already passed verdict on the Patriots please tell me what was on those videos? What evidence of wrongdoing do you have?

Point #1. Small detail, but relevant.  The filming occurred in Cleveland.  Cincy was not made aware.

Point #1.5   The guy filming was absolutely a Patriots employee, just not a coach.  The Pats front office admitted to it the next day.

Bengal fans have been saying exactrly what was on the film along.  The entire first quarter (8 min) of defensive sideline calls with sub players visible as well.  The guy who memorized those things during the first go round would be able to dissect that quickly.  And he could radio that to the DC.  In essence, only the HC and DC would have to be in on it

Just now, INbengalfan said:

Point #1.5   The guy filming was absolutely a Patriots employee, just not a coach.  The Pats front office admitted to it the next day.

Sort of semantics. 

They’re getting paid by the NE organization so in essence that makes them “employees”, but I also wouldn’t consider the guy who did my roof last summer my “employee”. 

17 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

No benefit of the doubt. Just a belief that if you were going to cheat, you'd be less stupid about it.

And as I said, I don't think it should matter to the punishment anyway. Intent is irrelevant for me.

that is literally the definition of the benefit of the doubt.

16 minutes ago, mistakey said:

that is literally the definition of the benefit of the doubt.

I mean, not really. It's not like I have any faith in the Pats as truthful or honest or something. Just trying to assess logically for myself. Benefit of the doubt would be assuming innocence. This is more of a personal judgment thing.

And again, in my book it makes no difference for the penalty. They did it regardless of how much they benefited or what they intended to do.