Week 2

Buffalo

Boy

I

Love 

Losing 

Superbowls (1-0)

at

2 time Super Bowl losers Carolina Panthers (1-0)

Charlotte, NC

Sunday 9/17/17 at 1300

Story lines:

1) Former DC Sean McDermott and several ex-Panthers return. How does familiarity change the game?

2) Buffalo dealt a lot (Watkins) away to gather picks, but expect McDermott to have his team ready.   

3) Does fumbling issues by CMac pop up again? I know he fumbled once, or think I heard he did it twice on Sunday. Fumbling will get him benched

4) Ground game. Both teams like to run and stop the run. Whoever does it better, wins this game. 

Prediction 

Panthers over Bills 23-20

I won't be surprised if we lose. Shady is probably gonna have a field day. Thankfully their top wideouts are Jordan Matthews, Andre Holmes, and Zay Jones... if we can't handle those three and Charles Clay on passing downs then we deserve to lose. But I feel like Bradberry, Coleman, and the LB duo will hold their own.

I feel like we should end up winning but I'm nervous about it. Far more nervous than I was with SF last week.

I think it will be a close game as well. Definitely don't see any team winning by more than a touchdown. I think the biggest weakness for the Bills is going to be our linebackers having to cover the likes of Olsen and McCaffrey. They are god awful in coverage and I think they are going to get exposed. If we can get Shady and the run game going I think we have a chance to win but I think the Panthers will edge a close one. 

This might come back to bite me in the a** Sunday night but Cam does not scare me like he did 2 years ago. He doesn't really run the ball and has settled into a pocket passer which isn't fearful. My brother is a die hard Panthers fan and I watched that game last week and he looked pretty bad imo throwing the ball.

Our rushing attack will go over 150 yards between Shady, Tyrod, and Tolbert. Our new OC was the Broncos OC the last couple years so we play smart, boot leg, conservative offense. You guys obviously know McDermott and he has some talent on this defense in Dareus, Kyle Williams, Shaq Lawson, Hughes, hyde and our rookie CB.

I think it'll be a one scoring game going 23-20 for Panthers but wouldn't shock me if the bills won this one.

On 9/14/2017 at 1:02 AM, Zithers2 said:

I won't be surprised if we lose. Shady is probably gonna have a field day. Thankfully their top wideouts are Jordan Matthews, Andre Holmes, and Zay Jones... if we can't handle those three and Charles Clay on passing downs then we deserve to lose. But I feel like Bradberry, Coleman, and the LB duo will hold their own.

I feel like we should end up winning but I'm nervous about it. Far more nervous than I was with SF last week.

I think that recieving core is what compliments our offensive strengths so perfectly. Obviously running the ball is our strength. #1 rushing offense last year and #1 rushing offense in week 1. We want McCoy to run it. We want Tyrod to run for the 1st down when there is space. But our recieving core compliments that style perfectly. They are possession type WR. They arent going to go off for 10+ catches and 150 yards (although Zay has potential later in his career) but we have these guys that could go out there and catch 5 to 6 balls for 50 to 60 yards and keep drives alive on 3rd downs. It compliments our running game cause it will just wear defenses out. Our running attack combined with ability to keep drives alive with possesion revievers and Tyrods ability to scramble tires out defenses.

Issue we would have with Sammy is yes he could break free for a long TD but that would actually tire our defense out more as our defense just got off the field and would have to go back out there after 1 to 3 plays which turned into a long TD.

I think the biggest matchup is CMC, Samuel (maybe?), and Olsen vs Ramon Humber, Micah Hyde, Leonard Johnson, and Preston Brown in the middle of the field... I mean, I'm sure these guys are okay, but you're dealing with a super shifty back/receiver, a speedy wideout, and a top two TE in the NFL right there. Would be tough for most defenses to handle. Keep in mind that we opted to let Leonard Johnson walk away this off-season despite having no corner depth.

Archived