Rams @ Cowboys Thread

rocky_rams

On 12/9/2019 at 7:12 PM, stl4life07 said:

The media thinks the Rams will beat the Cowboys because the Cowboys are just a mess. They havent beaten a team with a winning record. Garrett is a lame duck who wont return next season and as someone put it, I forgot who it was, that person said Garrett didnt even look like he wanted to coach TNF against the Bears. The Cowboys only have one takeaway in the past like 5 games. They make QBs look comfortable and we know if Goff is comfortable he is going to shred the Cowboys defense up. I just think the Rams are going to want this game more than the Cowboys because nothing the Cowboys have shown me since they beat the Eagles back in Week 7 that they want it more than their opponent. So the Rams continue to win and the game they really is going to be focused on is the Niners game which btw nobody is giving the Rams a chance besides Deion Sanders said the Rams can beat the Niners and then Marcellus Wiley and TJ Houshmanzadeh said the Rams will run the table and make the playoffs. The Niners are becoming banged up with losing their center Richburg for the season and then losing Ford and Sherman for multiple weeks so Im assuming they wont play in the Rams game which again will be huge. So the Niners are going to be coming into the Rams game banged up and I think the Rams can take advantage of it. But not overlooking the Cowboys by no means, I just think the Rams will beat the Cowboys and to put the cherry on top, the biggest Cowboys fan Skip Bayless even says the Rams will beat the Cowboys lol. 

You do know Bayless is *not* actually a Cowboys fan and only does that schtick for ratings, right?

Its important to me that you know that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You do know Bayless is *not* actually a Cowboys fan and only does that schtick for ratings, right?

Its important to me that you know that.

I certainly didnt know that. All I know is Im never going to stop hearing about this from Skip lol. Its going to be unbearable regardless if its for ratings or not. Like I dont even mind the Rams losing to Dallas just because again Dallas is a talented team and they finally put everything together. They were at home, had 10 days to prepare, and was tired of hearing constantly how they suck and had no chance of beating the Rams. Some even said they wouldnt even win a game rest of the way. So while I expected the Rams to win, it was only due to my thinking of the Rams knew they had to win and the Cowboys knew they only had to beat the Eagles plus the Cowboys havent beaten a team with a pulse all season. But its not that they didnt have the talent and that they wasnt in the right position to win. But its going to be unbearable lol. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

I certainly didnt know that. All I know is Im never going to stop hearing about this from Skip lol. Its going to be unbearable regardless if its for ratings or not. Like I dont even mind the Rams losing to Dallas just because again Dallas is a talented team and they finally put everything together. They were at home, had 10 days to prepare, and was tired of hearing constantly how they suck and had no chance of beating the Rams. Some even said they wouldnt even win a game rest of the way. So while I expected the Rams to win, it was only due to my thinking of the Rams knew they had to win and the Cowboys knew they only had to beat the Eagles plus the Cowboys havent beaten a team with a pulse all season. But its not that they didnt have the talent and that they wasnt in the right position to win. But its going to be unbearable lol. 

Bayless was fired from the Dallas Morning News after the Cowboys threatened to revoke their media pass unless they got rid of Skip. And then there is this:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Bayless was fired from the Dallas Morning News after the Cowboys threatened to revoke their media pass unless they got rid of Skip. And then there is this:

Interesting. Again I certainly didnt know this. I mean I always thought the things Skip be saying is so off the wall he couldnt actually believe what he was saying lol. I do get the ratings thing though. 

Watching this team all season you can tell in the first few drives which team you're getting. Today was no different. They didn't show up from the jump. Started with Goff missing 3 open receivers and snowballed from there. Picked a great game with your season on the line to show up unmotivated. Got blow off the line both ways all game. Dropped passes from Cooks and Gurley. Missed passes by Goff were the key for me cause when he gets the offense moving with those, we roll. 

The Cowboys team is arguably top 5 talent wise in the league, but hasn't been able to put it together all season. However, they managed to figure it out against the Rams. Sad day. Sad season. Back next year with a team that will likely look VERY different on both sides of the ball.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Back next year with a team that will likely look VERY different on both sides of the ball.

I agree and like one dude Im in a fantasy football league who is a Raiders fan actually had the nerve to compare the Rams to the Raiders. He said the Raiders went to the Superbowl and after that they stunk. The Rams will be in the same situation. Like the Raiders were poorly ran. The Rams arent poorly ran. The Raiders had a ton of aging players. The Rams players for the most part are young. Like If anyone think this is what you are going to get from the Rams moving forward then good luck with that thinking. The Rams will certainly go into the offseason look at what they need to fix and fix it and be back next season with vengeance. Now the NFC West isnt going to get any easier but the Rams know they can beat Seattle. They shouldve swept them again had Zeurlein not missed that FG on TNF. The Cards will be better but the Rams have their number as well. The Rams arent going to get dominated by the Niners so people just need to get that out of their minds. Yes the Niners will win some games as well as the Seahawks will win some games against the Rams but the Niners arent going to start sweeping the Rams every year now. Then the great thing is next year the Rams will have a 3rd place schedule to go along with playing the AFC East and NFC East which are both jokes of a division. So the Rams will be right where they should be and thats back in the playoffs making another Superbowl run. 

Edited by stl4life07

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree and like one dude Im in a fantasy football league who is a Raiders fan actually had the nerve to compare the Rams to the Raiders. He said the Raiders went to the Superbowl and after that they stunk. The Rams will be in the same situation. Like the Raiders were poorly ran. The Rams arent poorly ran. The Raiders had a ton of aging players. The Rams players for the most part are young. Like If anyone think this is what you are going to get from the Rams moving forward then good luck with that thinking. The Rams will certainly go into the offseason look at what they need to fix and fix it and be back next season with vengeance. Now the NFC West isnt going to get any easier but the Rams know they can beat Seattle. They shouldve swept them again had Zeurlein not missed that FG on TNF. The Cards will be better but the Rams have their number as well. The Rams arent going to get dominated by the Niners so people just need to get that out of their minds. Yes the Niners will win some games as well as the Seahawks will win some games against the Rams but the Niners arent going to start sweeping the Rams every year now. Then the great thing is next year the Rams will have a 3rd place schedule to go along with playing the AFC East and NFC East which are both jokes of a division. So the Rams will be right where they should be and thats back in the playoffs making another Superbowl run. 

I sadly can see both sides. On one side, we "retool" around Goff. Sign more cheap vet FA's, draft mid round 'gems', maybe get 1 mid tier FA, sign Ramsey, bring in a new DC(Ron Rivera?). Make a go of it with the core intact and trust that Goff just had a bad year. Littleton, Fowler, Brockers, Weddle, Matthews, and Whitworth are all gone in this scenario. There is a 98% chance this is what we do. It's the most logical and requires the least amount of heavy lifting.

On the other hand, I can see us attempting to blow up the cap mess we created and start from scratch. Trade Goff to Bengals for #1 and draft Burrows. Trade Ramsey to Philly for 1st and 2nd (or 3rd or player we like). Trade Cooks to whoever will take him for a 3rd or 4th. Gurley isn't going anywhere in either scenario sadly. With this method, we can get creative in FA and again in the draft. Littleton and Fowler could be kept, maybe a Kupp extension. Maybe Trent Williams is on the table then. 

I'm sad how the season ended, but I'm not mad at Les Snead at all. He went for it. Completely. Pushed all his chips in on this window. I'd rather try and fail then play it safe and wonder. I keep Snead going forward. He's a great young GM in this league and will fix this. Just might take another year or two. 

4 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Heck of a season the boyz tried and they could have given up. Just retool and we’ll be a way better next year. Also, anyone else think Kupp is hurt? No way he should be on a limited snap count. 

He's seemed hurt for awhile. He gets up so slowly from hits. I don't know if he is but it certainly wouldn't shock me. Week 2 against the Saints he was explosive as hell and we haven't seen that for awhile.

31 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

He's seemed hurt for awhile. He gets up so slowly from hits. I don't know if he is but it certainly wouldn't shock me. Week 2 against the Saints he was explosive as hell and we haven't seen that for awhile.

Think it’s just lingering effects from the ACL. He’ll be back better next year. Players are always better 2 years removed from the acl surgery. 

34 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Think it’s just lingering effects from the ACL. He’ll be back better next year. Players are always better 2 years removed from the acl surgery. 

I think it is something else honestly. He doesn't have the same explosion. Maybe his frame isn't built to sustain a full season. We saw him breakdown similarly towards the end of his rookie year.

25 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I sadly can see both sides. On one side, we "retool" around Goff. Sign more cheap vet FA's, draft mid round 'gems', maybe get 1 mid tier FA, sign Ramsey, bring in a new DC(Ron Rivera?). Make a go of it with the core intact and trust that Goff just had a bad year. Littleton, Fowler, Brockers, Weddle, Matthews, and Whitworth are all gone in this scenario. There is a 98% chance this is what we do. It's the most logical and requires the least amount of heavy lifting.

On the other hand, I can see us attempting to blow up the cap mess we created and start from scratch. Trade Goff to Bengals for #1 and draft Burrows. Trade Ramsey to Philly for 1st and 2nd (or 3rd or player we like). Trade Cooks to whoever will take him for a 3rd or 4th. Gurley isn't going anywhere in either scenario sadly. With this method, we can get creative in FA and again in the draft. Littleton and Fowler could be kept, maybe a Kupp extension. Maybe Trent Williams is on the table then. 

I'm sad how the season ended, but I'm not mad at Les Snead at all. He went for it. Completely. Pushed all his chips in on this window. I'd rather try and fail then play it safe and wonder. I keep Snead going forward. He's a great young GM in this league and will fix this. Just might take another year or two. 

It will certainly make for an interesting offseason. The Rams certainly not going to sit on their hands. They got work to do and again people are going to write them off but Im certainly not. The pulse of this team is all about success. 

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Heck of a season the boyz tried and they could have given up. Just retool and we’ll be a way better next year. Also, anyone else think Kupp is hurt? No way he should be on a limited snap count. 

Idk about being hurt but I think it has alot to do with the success Higbee is having from the tight end position. I thought Kupp would play more and Woods will be the one limited in snaps because of what I heard about the Rams going to more 12 personnel using Higbee and Everett entering the season. Lately Woods have been playing more and being so effective with Higbee doing great things. Of course we know the deep threat of Cooks isnt going to be taken away off the field so Kupp unfortunately is the odd man out. But Im just glad that we are finally seeing Everett (when healthy) and Higbee showing the world that they are super talented and giving defenses more to worry about in the Rams offense than just the three receivers and Gurley. 

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

He played 67 plays yesterday or 92% of snaps. Not sure what you are referring to.

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

It will certainly make for an interesting offseason. The Rams certainly not going to sit on their hands. They got work to do and again people are going to write them off but Im certainly not. The pulse of this team is all about success. 

Poor choice of words considering the team had no pulse yesterday in the biggest game of the season lmao