MNF: Eagles vs Giants - The Quest for a 6-10 division winner!

Malfatron

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins!

4 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

People still don't think Eli will be in the HOF? There are plenty of ways to get rich. You can work really hard and have a good career, you can hit the lottery, you can live below your means for a long time and save, etc. There are plenty of ways to get into the Hall, and one of those ways is to win two Super Bowl MVP's and play forever to be top 10 in every major statistical category.

Whether you think he deserves it is irrelevant. He's getting in and it's not debatable.

He's absolutely getting in. I'm saying you can justify Joe Flacco also getting in on the same principle if he can hang around for 3 or so years and compile some yards. He's not that far off from 50,000 yards. All he needs to do is average 3333 over 3 years. 

29 minutes ago, Malik said:

He's absolutely getting in. I'm saying you can justify Joe Flacco also getting in on the same principle if he can hang around for 3 or so years and compile some yards. He's not that far off from 50,000 yards. All he needs to do is average 3333 over 3 years. 

Yes Flacco "could" match Eli in bulk yards. But you're completely ignoring the fact that he lacks the 2nd SB MVP. Something only a handful of QB's ever accomplished. If Flacco wins another SB (doubtful) and compiles that bulk yardage (possible) then you could make this argument. Until then it's not even close to comparable.

33 minutes ago, Malik said:

From what I saw from him this season, that's an impossible IF you're proposing.

Flacco is backup material at most nowadays. He's certainly not going to start enough to get 3,333 combined over the next three years, let alone 3,333 a season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Eli should absolutely be in the HOF.  Finding a way to beat the undefeated 2007 Patriots in the Super Bowl was one for the ages. 

Also, style points for @Malfatron for the thread title.  A 6-10 playoff team would be amazing, especially if they went on a run after getting there.

Sadly no longer a possibility. Somebody has to win the Cowboys Eagles game... or do they?

6-10-1 NFCE champ incoming. 

• Like 1