Ghostbusters: Afterlife

kingseanjohn

I have more faith in this than most franchises getting revived.

Not saying it will be great, but this guy actually seems to respect the source material enough that he wont jeopardize it by tossing in stupid garbage.

Then again, I thought the same thing about James Cameron coming back to Terminator, but was way off on that one...

7 hours ago, 43M said:

Then again, I thought the same thing about James Cameron coming back to Terminator, but was way off on that one...

Why'd you think that? My perception of James Cameron is that it is all about the dollar for him. Thought that was a shared perspective but maybe I am actually sitting alone in a dark room lol 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Why'd you think that? My perception of James Cameron is that it is all about the dollar for him. Thought that was a shared perspective but maybe I am actually sitting alone in a dark room lol 

Absolutely, I completely agree with that, but I still thought he would have enough respect for the Terminator franchise not to butcher it.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Absolutely, I completely agree with that, but I still thought he would have enough respect for the Terminator franchise not to butcher it.

Any credibility he had with me died with Avatar. I know its a polarizing position but I think that movie is trash. He talks it up like the pre-production was like Michelangelo dreaming up the Sistine Chapel. In reality, its a fever dream Pocahontas cash grab designed to appeal to wider audiences and ride on spectacle alone. Then he immediately gets the greenlight for 5 more movies or whatever it was. That's when I knew he had no interest in contributing to good cinema anymore, if he ever did. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Any credibility he had with me died with Avatar. I know its a polarizing position but I think that movie is trash. He talks it up like the pre-production was like Michelangelo dreaming up the Sistine Chapel. In reality, its a fever dream Pocahontas cash grab designed to appeal to wider audiences and ride on spectacle alone. Then he immediately gets the greenlight for 5 more movies or whatever it was. That's when I knew he had no interest in contributing to good cinema anymore, if he ever did. 

100%.   

I can enjoy Avatar for what it is, but it was laughably unoriginal and overly preachy.

It will be funny watching the 20 sequels massively underperform.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, Deadpulse said:

It was Dances with Wolves with blue people.  

2 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

There hasn't been a good Ghostbusters movie since the original. I hope this one bucks the trend.

I Guess it depends on your age because I remember the first three from being little and loved them all.  I even enjoyed the female reboot for what it was.  

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

The 2nd one was good too

The 2nd one was not as terrible as its made out to be....but I wouldn't call it good.   The story beats and plot points were way too similar to the first one, and some aspects were so stupid....like tons of people just forgetting the ghost invasion in the first one.

Its annoying because it was such as wasted opportunity.

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not sure if i'm feeling the whole kids angle of this.  Most kids that age if you flung them out of a moving car on a chair like that would **** their pants.

I feel you, but I like it. Its been working in this genre a lot this decade, two biggest examples being Stranger Things and IT: Chapter 1. 

What I really like is the small town setting. I think it really lends itself to the story. 

• Like 2