Tom Brady is Not the Problem

BayRaider

I agree to a certain point... Brady is dealing with what Wentz is dealing with. They both have had some bad plays and games, but their offenses are just horrible. Both have no playmakers, and the O-Line is been hit with injuries for most of the season. But people just always blame the QB. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I agree to a certain point... Brady is dealing with what Wentz is dealing with. They both have had some bad plays and games, but their offenses are just horrible. Both have no playmakers, and the O-Line is been hit with injuries for most of the season. But people just always blame the QB. 

Agree here. That Eagle WR core is garbage. But this is no where close to Bradys situation. Eagles OL is at least coherent, and they have a tremendous TE. Brady in a 11 on 1 Handicap match. Edelmen is injured and schemed out of every game. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

There’s some drop off, I’d say. Not a ton and not as much as some think, IMO. I’ve seen Brady operate with similar circumstances (2013 is the big one) and the same comments were made then, only difference is Brady’s in uncharted territory as a 42 year old. 

I think more of a factor than the actual WRs is the chemistry. Sanu got added to the team midseason. Harry spent a lot of time injured. Meyers didn’t get much playtime and was going through camp battling for a roster spot. Dorsett hasn’t been healthy and neither has Edelman. Add in the abyss that is the tight end depth chart and you’ll get this. The NE offense has been a timing offense for a while now and Brady needs to trust in his guys. Seems he only has that trust for Edelman and Dorsett right now and they’re injured. 

So yeah, anyone who says “he’s done” or something close to that effect ought to look at 2013. But anyone who says there’s no difference in Brady 19’ and Brady 17’ or 16’, are wishfully thinking.

This is the correct, and most balanced take, IMO. There can be, and is, a middleground between, Brady is done a la zombie Peyton, and Brady is the same Brady he always has been. The supporting cast is awful, but Brady also has done less with it than he would've in previous years. I think his frustration has mounted and has impacted his decision making and willingness to throw on some routes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agree here. That Eagle WR core is garbage. But this is no where close to Bradys situation. Eagles OL is at least coherent, and they have a tremendous TE. Brady in a 11 on 1 Handicap match. 

The Eagles have had OL missed time all year.. Peters, Lane Johnson, Brandon Brooks (not because of injury) have missed 1 or more games this year. We didn't have Lane Johnson for most of this last game, and his injury didn't look good tonight. I agree though that our TEs are way better. 

But then you can say Brady has a top 5 defense, where Wentz is playing with one of the worst defenses in the league. Giving up 30+ points to Miami and others for fun every game.

Edited by Eagles $5$

3 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

The Eagles have had OL missed time all year.. Peters, Lane Johnson, Brandon Brooks (not because of injury) have missed 1 or more games this year. We didn't have Lane Johnson for most of this last game, and his injury didn't look good tonight. I agree though that our TEs are way better. 

But then you can say Brady has a top 5 defense, where Wentz is playing with one of the worst defenses in the league. Giving up 30+ points to Miami and others for fun every game.

I’ve never liked the defense excuse for QBs. Especially in this situation where the Pats can’t run the ball anyways, in any situation. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve never liked the defense excuse for QBs. Especially in this situation where the Pats can’t run the ball anyways, in any situation. 

I'm not making an excuse, but we are talking about advantages and disadvantages that results in wins and loses... and the defense is definitely an advantage Brady. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

At all. 

Reading a couple articles and seeing Michael Irvin and Max Kellermen bash Brady forced me to make this thread. Laughable, really. Nobody ever wants to look at substance. 

- His WR core is utter T-R-A-S-H. Probably Bottom 3 to 4 in the NFL. Edelmen is the only guy really and he’s constantly schemed against and taken out of the game. 

- They have no TE. 

- Their Offensive Line is probably in the 20-25 range. It only looks semi decent because of Bradys high football IQ, able to make progressions fast, and get the ball off. 

- All their RBs are dreadful and averaging 3 YPC. A lot of this is offensive line and a lot of this is that Michel was their feature back and he has never seemed like himself again. 

- Josh McDaniels play calling has been awful this season and Boomer Esiason just called him out on it. 

Tom Brady is the ONLY reason that team is moving the chains. He still looks like the same Tom Brady to me from 2015-2018. Is he the same guy from 2011? Of course not, but he is still easily a Top 5 QB and IMO I still have him Top 3. I absolutely think he will lead some team to the playoffs next season. 

I mean I hope the Pats go down in a blaze of glory in the Spygate 2.0 scandal but the way Brady is getting criticized lately simply is not fair and not warranted. 

Brady is still a beast. 

Bootlicker.

11 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Imagine still believing in Derek Carr...

Derek Carr is complete and utter trash. There’s only like three Raider fans compared to 25 or so that actually stick up for him. Go to the Derek Carr Thread in Raider Forum. 

- Plays scared

- Will not throw deep

- Will not throw unless receiver is WIDE open. Real QBs throw successfully into tight windows. 

- His Pocket Presence is below average

- Zero Play Extending Ability

- Loves Throwing 3 yard outs to TE on 3rd and 9. This is his money play. 

Carr sucks. 

I’m hoping we can leap your Chargers in the draft and take Tua.

You can have that bust Herbert.

Edited by BayRaider

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Derek Carr is complete and utter trash. There’s only like three Raider fans compared to 25 or so that actually stick up for him. Go to the Derek Carr Thread in Raider Forum. 

- Plays scared

- Will not throw deep

- Will not throw unless receiver is WIDE open. Real QBs throw successfully into tight windows. 

- His Pocket Presence is below average

- Zero Play Extending Ability

- Loves Throwing 3 yard outs to TE on 3rd and 9. This is his money play. 

Carr sucks. 

I’m hoping we can leap your Chargers in the draft and take Tua.

You can have that bust Herbert.

You just described Jacoby lol.

giphy.gif

• Like 1