Jump to content
Bobby816

Week 15: TNF Jets vs Ravens

Recommended Posts

Honestly I don't think we stand a chance in this one. Only way we stand a chance is if Jamal can play and can shutdown Lamar.

The story for us in this one is to continue the development of Darnold and build on some other bright spots like Robby playing good lately, Austin emerging as a starting CB, Jenkins pursuit of 10 sacks, Q developing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me crazy but I'm taking the Jets plus 15. I think most teams struggle on Thursday night games and the Ravens are due for a let down just like the rest of the teams. I still think the ravens win but not by 15. I see the score as 21-10. Anderson will get one long TD pass by Sam and Greg Williams will be ready for Lamar. Remember this is the Jets Super Bowl right here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Call me crazy but I'm taking the Jets plus 15. I think most teams struggle on Thursday night games and the Ravens are due for a let down just like the rest of the teams. I still think the ravens win but not by 15. I see the score as 21-10. Anderson will get one long TD pass by Sam and Greg Williams will be ready for Lamar. Remember this is the Jets Super Bowl right here. 

I think us plus 15 isn't a bad bet. That doesn't mean we play good though. 15 points is a huge spread for any NFL matchup. Like I stated... if Adams cant go, we stand no chance really. He's really the only way we might be able to slow down Lamar. On offense I expect us to score a few TDs bc we will be down and slinging it around (I'm starting Robby in FF bc I figure this will happen). But on the road on a short week against the best team in the league this year... a win just isn't happening. But I do hope to see some of our guys just improve each week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Honestly I don't think we stand a chance in this one. Only way we stand a chance is if Jamal can play and can shutdown Lamar.

The story for us in this one is to continue the development of Darnold and build on some other bright spots like Robby playing good lately, Austin emerging as a starting CB, Jenkins pursuit of 10 sacks, Q developing.

The last two games Rob Anderson looked real good, he put up over 200 total yards receiving in the last two games, and if it wasn't for four  bad passes he would gone 300  yards or more. Darnold has be  more accurate with his passes over 25 yards, but that should improve in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll feel better if we at least put up a fight for 3/4 of the game. Really need Sam to look good in this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'll feel better if we at least put up a fight for 3/4 of the game. Really need Sam to look good in this one. 

We've been embarrassed in our National broadcast games this year. So we need to look at least respectable in this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh this one is going to be bad guys. Don't make any mistakes about it. Darnold will have at least 3 turnovers and our defense is going to get gashed by Jackson, less so if RG3 plays instead. We could barely handle Josh Allen, there's no way we continue LJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just glad its Thursday night. If it's over by halftime I can go to sleep at a normal time and have sunday free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if I want to watch,  this is gonna get ugly. Ravens gonna blow us out. I see Darnold being sacked 8-10 times, probably throws a couple INTs.  Defense is gonna be shredded.

This is gonna go like 45-3. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We've been embarrassed in our National broadcast games this year. So we need to look at least respectable in this one.

And Adam Gase has a awful track record on national prime time games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a stretch to say that I expect to win, but this is no doubt a trap game for Baltimore. On a 9 game winning streak and coming off of a big win, however their offense has been cooling and it's easy for them to overlook the Jets on a short week. 

Our success in this game comes down to Adam Gase's game plan, which makes me worried. I totally see value in running the pro-style offense which routinely asks for Darnold to read the defense, progress through the field, and allow plays to develop, but now would be the right time to install a gimmicky offense for the sake of being competitive. Hurry up, three-step drops, quick seem routes, screens, improvisation... pretty much run an Air Raid this game. Allow Darnold to think less and act more, and keep the defense on their heels with tempo, motion, and shifts. We have the personnel for it and an Air Raid heavy game plan may be able to mask some of our weaknesses (i.e. the offensive line) so why not try it? It's in the playbook, might as well call it... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

It would be a stretch to say that I expect to win, but this is no doubt a trap game for Baltimore. On a 9 game winning streak and coming off of a big win, however their offense has been cooling and it's easy for them to overlook the Jets on a short week. 

Our success in this game comes down to Adam Gase's game plan, which makes me worried. I totally see value in running the pro-style offense which routinely asks for Darnold to read the defense, progress through the field, and allow plays to develop, but now would be the right time to install a gimmicky offense for the sake of being competitive. Hurry up, three-step drops, quick seem routes, screens, improvisation... pretty much run an Air Raid this game. Allow Darnold to think less and act more, and keep the defense on their heels with tempo, motion, and shifts. We have the personnel for it and an Air Raid heavy game plan may be able to mask some of our weaknesses (i.e. the offensive line) so why not try it? It's in the playbook, might as well call it... 

Agree with what you're saying... but I just have zero confidence that Gase will adjust to a hurry up. Makes sense to just try it. What do we have to lose? That being said I think we will sling the ball around and will score 2-3 TDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it bad that I want us to lose so the Ravens can protect their number 1 seed over the patriots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×