Week 15: TNF Jets vs Ravens

Bobby816

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

He’s head and shoulders better as an ATHLETE. He runs down the field and they give him Mickey Mouse throws in the red zone his TD passes are no way indicative of his ability to pass the football. He’s a great kid, he’s terrific and I am personally rooting for him like I said day 1, but he’s still go a ways to go as a passer. Again I really like him but he’s in a terrific situation and he’s a special athlete. 

Terrific situation as far as coaching goes because they build an offense around his skillset...in a week. There aren't many good skill position players on that offense at all. Mark Ingram is very good but his receiving options are all just okay dudes who are doing what they are told to do very well.

Situation means everything for a QB. For Lamar, he's got a big mean OL that can wall off a defense for an easy 5 - 10 yards. I mean, I saw Lamar getting QBs without absolutely no one near him until he got to the first down marker. We can even get a handoff without Bell getting rung in the backfield.

Add in his scrambling ability and it's a perfect storm. An OL that can keep the pocket clean, and then a QB that can run away from the Blitz and burn you while your DBs are still running down the field running cover 0 or deep zone. I mean, on his final TD drive, on of our spy LBs had him dead to rights. Our guy was sitting in the A gap, 3 yards from Lamar without a blocker between them and stayed on his heels instead of rushing in because he didn't want to end up flushing him from the pocket where we had no containment. Guys don't do that for Brady. They run full force at him and hope to disrupt the timing.

Don't even get me started on options and RPOs with Lamar's offense. Those plays are just too easy with LJ.

Give Sam that OL and a OC that can work up a run game, and he'd look just as dominant. He'll never be as electric as a runner, but Sam has done a lot with the little the Jets have given him.

• Like 1

Lamar has been put in a perfect situation with little adversity. Great supporting cast,  weak schedule, great coaching. Hes not as good of a thrower that his stats show, most of his 5 td games they make it a point to pad his passing stats with gimme td throws after they are running all over teams. Jackson rarely faces pressure, has wide open guys more than any qb I've seen, his job is easy. His elite trait is running,  if that stops you'll see the guy who can barely throw.

• Like 1

I was proud of Sam, this could have been a 4 int game with the circumstances. Hes battling and learning. The ravens were significantly more talented and better coached,  we never had a chance.

Sam running for his life extending plays dropping dimes while being hit. I just to see sam with a ol and some weapons 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Lamar has been put in a perfect situation with little adversity. Great supporting cast,  weak schedule, great coaching. Hes not as good of a thrower that his stats show, most of his 5 td games they make it a point to pad his passing stats with gimme td throws after they are running all over teams. Jackson rarely faces pressure, has wide open guys more than any qb I've seen, his job is easy. His elite trait is running,  if that stops you'll see the guy who can barely throw.

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I was proud of Sam, this could have been a 4 int game with the circumstances. Hes battling and learning. The ravens were significantly more talented and better coached,  we never had a chance.

Sam running for his life extending plays dropping dimes while being hit. I just to see sam with a ol and some weapons 

Agree 100%. The puck sucked because it simply doesn’t have to happen. I hope Douglas prepares to go ape**** this offseason and he injects talent into the LOS on both sides of the ball. 

14 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Why are you so jealous about Jackson. Where would Baltimore be without him, he has no big name receivers on his team. He has a great arm, he showed that last night he had great touch on his long passes, something Darnold still has problems with. Darnold is our guy and hopefully Douglas will get him the offensive help he needs. Jackson stole the show last night and the whole country saw it. 

Lamar is a great QB. His ability to run opens up the pass and the inside run since you have to stay disciplined. I don’t expect the first round QBs drafted that year to peak as high as Lamar is playing this year. You can argue longevity and all that but you can’t take away from what he is doing this year. 

As far as Darnold, I though he held his own giving the situation. Our OL held up better than I expected. Yesterday showed me that Darnold has the potential to be a top 10 QB. If he becomes that and Lamar stays as a top 5 QB, I’ll take that and run with it. We haven’t had a top 10 QB in forever. 

9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Why are you so jealous about Jackson. Where would Baltimore be without him, he has no big name receivers on his team. He has a great arm, he showed that last night he had great touch on his long passes, something Darnold still has problems with. Darnold is our guy and hopefully Douglas will get him the offensive help he needs. Jackson stole the show last night and the whole country saw it. 

Has Darnold ever been put in a situation where he has nobody in his face, great protection, wide open big body targets, and a elite run game? Put Jackson on the Jets and he would be not nearly as good as he would be struggling when our OL can't get the push that Baltimore's OL routinely does. I saw Baltimore's OL tossing our guys all game yesterday and that was a JEts defense that was missing every good player that we have on defense.  

Baltimore as a overall team is the best in football, they are a elite organization that knows how to find talent and support their players. If they don't win the SB this year its a upset. They are in the perfect situation to win it, cause  no team has yet figured out a way to stop the read option, we saw when RG3 came into the league no one could figure it out as well until he blew his knee out then was never the same as he started getting forced to actually play QB. 

Adam Gase is a terrible coach that unfortunately we are stuck with for anotehr season minimum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Lamar is a great QB. His ability to run opens up the pass and the inside run since you have to stay disciplined. I don’t expect the first round QBs drafted that year to peak as high as Lamar is playing this year. You can argue longevity and all that but you can’t take away from what he is doing this year. 

As far as Darnold, I though he held his own giving the situation. Our OL held up better than I expected. Yesterday showed me that Darnold has the potential to be a top 10 QB. If he becomes that and Lamar stays as a top 5 QB, I’ll take that and run with it. We haven’t had a top 10 QB in forever. 

Hes the MVP this year. But I doubt he'll ever have a season like this again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Good post, I am not worried about Darnold, he is going to be fine, and I do agree he will be a top 10 QB in the NFL, it is just going to take time. One thing Darnold can do now is throw a heck of a pass on the run. We just need talent on offensive and we will all be happy.

4 hours ago, Malik said:

Terrific situation as far as coaching goes because they build an offense around his skillset...in a week. There aren't many good skill position players on that offense at all. Mark Ingram is very good but his receiving options are all just okay dudes who are doing what they are told to do very well.

He has 3 te that would start on most team and wrs that are wide open due to scheme and rushing attack. 

Ol is way more important to qbs than elite wrs

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

He has 3 te that would start on most team and wrs that are wide open due to scheme and rushing attack. 

Ol is way more important to qbs than elite wrs

Most teams don't have worthwhile TEs so that's a meaningless statement. Maybe the Jets should scheme up some wide open WRs

20 minutes ago, Malik said:

Most teams don't have worthwhile TEs so that's a meaningless statement. Maybe the Jets should scheme up some wide open WRs

The jets dont have a ol that can block longer than 3 seconds. Hard to do when your qb is running for his life or have guys draped onto you or in your face every time you throw