Week 15: TNF Jets vs Ravens

Bobby816

I don't see this going well at all. I think we lose by at least 3 TDs and we might really struggle to get two TDs from our offense.

It really wouldn't surprise me if we look like a total mess with turnovers and a complete inability to stop their offense. The kind of game that crushes your spirit as a fan, player, or coach.

• Like 2

If our defense was full strength, that side of the ball would be a fun matchup. But no Mosley and Adams. So here we are.

On offense, I just don’t see it even if we were at full strength. They are going to blitz Darnold to death.

Edited by SDotNova

On 12/10/2019 at 1:37 PM, jetskid007 said:

It would be a stretch to say that I expect to win, but this is no doubt a trap game for Baltimore. On a 9 game winning streak and coming off of a big win, however their offense has been cooling and it's easy for them to overlook the Jets on a short week. 

Our success in this game comes down to Adam Gase's game plan, which makes me worried. I totally see value in running the pro-style offense which routinely asks for Darnold to read the defense, progress through the field, and allow plays to develop, but now would be the right time to install a gimmicky offense for the sake of being competitive. Hurry up, three-step drops, quick seem routes, screens, improvisation... pretty much run an Air Raid this game. Allow Darnold to think less and act more, and keep the defense on their heels with tempo, motion, and shifts. We have the personnel for it and an Air Raid heavy game plan may be able to mask some of our weaknesses (i.e. the offensive line) so why not try it? It's in the playbook, might as well call it... 

This assumes Gase is capable of getting the most out of the personnel (hint: hes not).

On 12/11/2019 at 8:00 AM, TheChad said:

I don't see this going well at all. I think we lose by at least 3 TDs and we might really struggle to get two TDs from our offense.

It really wouldn't surprise me if we look like a total mess with turnovers and a complete inability to stop their offense. The kind of game that crushes your spirit as a fan, player, or coach.

Jets patriots primetime game where we lost like 45-3 in 2010.

That's what this game could be. Let's hope it's not. 

On 12/11/2019 at 3:04 PM, jetskid007 said:

Likely out 7 starters tomorrow night. 

Need some friendly betting advice from the Jets faithful. Demaryrius likely out, Powell out, Montgomery questionable, Griffin out. There should be plenty of targets available for these two below. I'm thinking over for both:

Le'veon Bell over/under 3.5 receptions. Jets should be trailing from the jump in this one. Will Bell be collecting soft dump offs?

Jamison Crowder over/under 4.5 receptions. Hasn't been getting the targets like earlier in the year. But being behind early in this one someone will have to catch the ball, right?

This is going to be such a rough on for us. I just pray we don’t get embarrassed and Sam doesn’t look like Sanchez but I just don’t see it tonight. This is the best team in the league and we are one of the worst and the gap between us and them is significant.

Jets 13

Ravens 45