Week Two: Bears (0-1) @ Bucs (0-0)

bucsfan333

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm honestly surprised we didn't have more problems with conditioning and cramping. I thought we were pretty good overall.

Offense did a nice job of giving the defense rest.  They have a tendency not to go three and out.  I would expect a little more no huddle going forward after a chunk play in particular. 

11 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Offense did a nice job of giving the defense rest.  They have a tendency not to go three and out.  I would expect a little more no huddle going forward after a chunk play in particular. 

i think that is the only time our offense really looks in sync , when we go no huddle

thats our Os  strength , we need to do it more often

Didn't get a chance to watch the game, since I'm out of market. Went back and watched the condensed version...

-Thought we played well, could definitely tell we were prepared for the opponent. The extra week really helped.

-Mike Evans continues to beast on just about every match-up. We need to get him locked-up long-term...

-Defense was outstanding...

18 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Mike Evans continues to beast on just about every match-up. We need to get him locked-up long-term...

He reminds me a lot of Larry Fitzgerald; he's got the strongest hands, he runs crisp routes, and he always drags his toes on the sideline.

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i think that is the only time our offense really looks in sync , when we go no huddle

thats our Os  strength , we need to do it more often

I think Koetter will use it some more.  I believe Koetter really wanted to try and pace the team considering the time off.

It was exciting to see Godwin and Howard out there. Granted they didn't do much, I think OJ had a nice catch across the middle but getting their feet wet will come along way. Godwin missed a crackback block on a run play but the game was already decided. Humphries is still reliable target for Winston too.

TJ Ward is a stud. The play he shot up and destroyed the RB while avoiding the lead blocker was textbook man. I hope we play him more next game.

2 hours ago, indifference said:

TJ Ward is a stud. The play he shot up and destroyed the RB while avoiding the lead blocker was textbook man. I hope we play him more next game.

You could see him creeping up and backing off. Like he knew it was coming but didn't wanna give himself up. We haven't had a safety like that since Lynch.

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

You could see him creeping up and backing off. Like he knew it was coming but didn't wanna give himself up. We haven't had a safety like that since Lynch.

I turned the game off but I read he made a great pass deflection in the EZ that Hargreaves dropped. Wish I could see the video but it's refreshing to have a ball hawk on the back end. The Broncos owe us one since they got a few quality seasons from Lynch before he hung it up. B|

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

He reminds me a lot of Larry Fitzgerald; he's got the strongest hands, he runs crisp routes, and he always drags his toes on the sideline.

I was actually looking at Julio contract last night. 

Obviusly Evans will be in the $14,000,000 per range no? 

Kind of wondering the other day if guys take a little less so that the team has a better chance of keeping guys together.

Winston going to ask for $30,000,000 per season? Seems like a guy that would take less.

5 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Ya I kind of get the vibe everyone will take a "hit" if Winston does. I'm not talking about offering him $15M per or anything crazy low but I wouldn't be shocked if he took less to help the whole team and they follow.

I hope so. Otherwise we're looking at close to $40M (probably closer to $45M) a year on just Jameis and Mike. Both would be worth it, and would make sooooooo much as free agents. But it's scary to think about.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I hope so. Otherwise we're looking at close to $40M (probably closer to $45M) a year on just Jameis and Mike. Both would be worth it, and would make sooooooo much as free agents. But it's scary to think about.

Depends on how much the cap goes up the next couple of years.  Evans will get north of 15 million, IMO.  For me, the interesting contract is Pamphile.  Is he strictly a guard or the heir apparent to Dotson.  What a good problem to have draft picks in line for significant raises on 2nd contracts.  The stench of Allen and Dom is almost gone.

Archived