"Forget the draft, go win games"

bucsfan333

36 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

tenor.gif

With the second youngest roster in the league by winning would suggest the young guys are getting better.  Also, with young guys getting better, holes on the roster diminish allowing more focus on areas of concern.  

Last yrs draft has the potential to be a grand slam.  After yr 1, it is trending that way.  Certainly more history is needed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

With the second youngest roster in the league by winning would suggest the young guys are getting better.  Also, with young guys getting better, holes on the roster diminish allowing more focus on areas of concern.  

Last yrs draft has the potential to be a grand slam.  After yr 1, it is trending that way.  Certainly more history is needed.

What do you think we will do with the O-Line? I know Dotson is done, do you trust Cappa to be the RG? He's only given up 3 sacks this year or do we get a guard wheter that be the draft or FA and use Cappa at RT? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

What do you think we will do with the O-Line? I know Dotson is done, do you trust Cappa to be the RG? He's only given up 3 sacks this year or do we get a guard wheter that be the draft or FA and use Cappa at RT? 

I think the best thing to do for the line would be to draft OT early and bump D Smith to RT. But that's not gonna happen.

I would think we target OT day two to take over for Dot. We should have three picks.

20 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Aye. Remember when drafting a CB or three was still a need at week five? There was a lot of talk of Okudah for us in the first.

I, too, wanna see more growth from the group we already have.

17 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

I think they draft a RT in the second round, or trade back and get one in the 20s.  

What s interesting about Arians and Bowles draft history is I don t believe they have drafted OLB in rd 1 yet.  I think there is a priority to have a long term option next to Vea.  So I can see a trade down if both Brown and Kinlaw are gone.

I do expect 2 oline drafted.  Day 1 or 2 and a developmental guy in day 3.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Aye. Remember when drafting a CB or three was still a need at week five? There was a lot of talk of Okudah for us in the first.

I, too, wanna see more growth from the group we already have.

That is so much about people creating content without being embedded with the team.  I get why it happens, but the secondary purge happened last season with the new coaching staff.  

22 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

That is so much about people creating content without being embedded with the team.  I get why it happens, but the secondary purge happened last season with the new coaching staff.  

There were plenty of fans crying for new CBs too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Elky said:

Tampa has a lot of potential. Need to retool their offensive line.

We do...My issue is a #1 overall pick should accentuate the talent on the team. Year 5 and there’s still talk about how we need to add pieces to make him above average. That is nonsense. im hoping its for the next guy because this turnover machine will never see a post season.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

There were plenty of fans crying for new CBs too.

Very true, so you re suggesting patience in a fan base is not a strong trait?  That every draft pick has to be lights out by the third preseason game of their rookie season.  🤨

It doesn t help that the Glazers have shown to hire the worst HCs since Gruden.  The assistants from those staffs have been rarily promoted or kept lateral positions after leaving Tampa.  Not exactly the upper echelon to get the best out of a roster.  Brutal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, indifference said:

We do...My issue is a #1 overall pick should accentuate the talent on the team. Year 5 and there’s still talk about how we need to add pieces to make him above average. That is nonsense. im hoping its for the next guy because this turnover machine will never see a post season.

Significantly  worse QBs than Jameis Winston have seen a postseason

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Significantly  worse QBs than Jameis Winston have seen a postseason

Due to an elite defense. Which this team does not have and wont be barring massive changes. 

In the meantime he does not play winning football. He’s the same qb he was at FSU and his freshman year is a proven fluke.