Week 15 GDT - Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Well, we FINALLY got a high level close game against a top team to go in our favor for once. Really disappointing defensive performance but offensively we were money. Of course, we can't go any game without losing players and this week was especially bad with Ford re-aggravating his hammy injury, Sherman suffering one of his own, Jones with an ankle sprain and the most important one was Richburg suffering a season ending torn patella injury. Brutal, but next man up...................

On to the Falcons. They have played much better ball as of late. The last two we stayed out in the EC/Mid-West for two weeks, we had a very sloppy performance against the Steelers. That cannot happen this week. The Seahawks losing give us bit of breathing room, but we have to win the next two weeks as one more Seahawks loss and we will have clinched a first round bye and the #1 seed. 

We had far too many missed tackles last week and need to clean it up. Moseley/Spoon will get the start on the outside and this very well could be our future duo so exciting to see how they match up with Jones. If Tartt is out, I am worried that Harris is going to take some bad angles or just flat out not play his assignment. The Falcons got a lot of big plays last week and could get some this week as well. Interested in seeing how the defense bounces back from their first terrible performance of the season.

Offensively, we just have to keep doing what we have been doing and build off the success of our passing game the last six or so games and just run it right down the Falcons throat. Hoping we get a big early lead and can just take it easy the rest of the game. 

We are beat up and coming off being on the road for like 10 days and the Falcons are playing better ball, but we should still win fairly easy. SF 30 ATL 13

Your rooting guide for Week 15:

49ers over Falcons to clinch a playoff berth (hope I didn't have to tell you that)
Ravens over Jets
Bengals over Patriots
Buccaneers over Lions
Packers over Bears 
Chiefs over Broncos
Redskins over Eagles
Panthers over Seahawks
Cardinals over Browns
Chargers over Vikings
Rams over Cowboys
Steelers over Bills
Colts over Saints

• Like 2

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

49ers over Falcons to clinch a playoff berth (hope I didn't have to tell you that)
Ravens over Jets
Buccaneers over Lions
Packers over Bears 
Chiefs over Broncos
Redskins over Eagles
Panthers over Seahawks
Cardinals over Browns
Chargers over Vikings
Rams over Cowboys
Steelers over Bills
Colts over Saints

Don't tell me to root for those 49ers.

• Like 1

Jay pretty much covered it. Atlanta has been much better since their bye week really. This game is a pretty simple one. Don't let Julio and Grady Jarett blow the game up. They definitely can do that. I'm looking for the front 4 to get after Ryan and I need to see the LBs play better. Excited to see a Sherman-less DB group as it is a glimpse into our future. Jimmy has to be careful down the field. Kazee takes advantage of mistakes and he is a bit of a ball hawk. He had 7 picks last season and has three this season. Offensively, just run the ball well and take advantage of Deebo with Trufant done for the year.

Tevin Coleman will have 2 TDs and 125 total yards................

Niners win 37-17

3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Ravens over Jets
Bengals over Patriots
Buccaneers over Lions

Packers over Bears 
Chiefs over Broncos
Redskins over Eagles
Panthers over Seahawks
Cardinals over Browns
Chargers over Vikings
Rams over Cowboys
Steelers over Bills
Colts over Saints

I am curious why the bolded games matter. I am assuming for tie breakers 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

I am curious why the bolded games matter. I am assuming for tie breakers 

Correct. Extremely, extremely unlikely that we would get to the strength of schedule tiebreaker for a conference opponent, given that it would require us to end up in a tie with the Vikings as the best team in the conference (which would require a wild season ending), but as that is still applicable, I figured I'd give everyone rooting interests in the other games. But both us and the Seahawks would be required to lose out for this to come into play.

The lone exception is that Chiefs/Broncos game which is just about a slightly better 5th round draft pick. 

• Like 1

Mostert also number one in dvoa (small sample helps), and 8th I'm DYAR.

The other person mentioned in this tweet? Also a udfa. Breida is 17th in DYAR, 12th in DVOA, though only 26th out of 32 qualified running backs, but that's kind of his game. And Breida was a udfa. 

Don't spend high draft picks or big money on running backs people