Week 15 GDT - Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Mostert also number one in dvoa (small sample helps), and 8th I'm DYAR.

The other person mentioned in this tweet? Also a udfa. Breida is 17th in DYAR, 12th in DVOA, though only 26th out of 32 qualified running backs, but that's kind of his game. And Breida was a udfa. 

Don't spend high draft picks or big money on running backs people

Shanahan said with a smile in his presser that Mustard has earned the right for more carries. He's essentially given the coaching staff no choice. Wonder how the rotation goes with Brieda now since he came back from injury. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Mostert also number one in dvoa (small sample helps), and 8th I'm DYAR.

The other person mentioned in this tweet? Also a udfa. Breida is 17th in DYAR, 12th in DVOA, though only 26th out of 32 qualified running backs, but that's kind of his game. And Breida was a udfa. 

Don't spend high draft picks or big money on running backs people

Been saying it for years. Guys like Saquon, Zeke and Gurley are great weapons no doubt. But a elite RB is not necessary for overall team success. Especially with a scheme like Shanny's. The key is finding those guys that are great scheme fits, more so than finding great talent.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Been saying it for years. Guys like Saquon, Zeke and Gurley are great weapons no doubt. But a elite RB is not necessary for overall team success. Especially with a scheme like Shanny's. The key is finding those guys that our great scheme fits, more so than finding great talent.

I saw a stat on twitter. Teams with a top ten pick RB, I believe top ten was the stat used, have losing records.

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Shanahan said with a smile in his presser that Mustard has earned the right for more carries. He's essentially given the coaching staff no choice. Wonder how the rotation goes with Brieda now since he came back from injury. 

Seeing that Coleman has literally done nothing since the Carolina game, I would hope that the carries are split between Breida and Mustard.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Seeing that Coleman has literally done nothing since the Carolina game, I would hope that the carries are split between Breida and Mustard.

Would also like to see Wilson in the mix more, especially in the RZ. 

So we just came out of a brutal 6 game stretch facing the Cardinals (divisional opponent who played us tough), Seahawks, Cardinals, Packers, Ravens, & Saints. Went 4-2. Coming back from a cross country flight. Number of physical games and significant injuries to come out of this. And now facing a 4-9 team at home. 

We should win this handily, but i have a feeling the Falcons will make this tougher than it needs to be. But we need to keep winning and get that bye week. We really need that extra week to heal. 

So we'll be missing Tartt, Sherman, Ford, Taylor...Sanders & Kittle still banged up (but producing). Gota think we'll add a DB back to the 53. Dontae Johnson maybe?

It would be the perfect timing for Coleman to have a small injury in practice, so we can just go with breida, mostert and Wilson for a game or two. Like, he wouldn't have to actually be injured. But he could pretend to, and simply get a veteran rest until one of our RBs does get injured (which is still very likely, with breida). Either he accepts to be injured, or accepts to get benched. But that won't happen. Kyle probably likes him too much he won't even contemplate benching him, even if he's not one of the best 3 RBs on the roster right now. 

23 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Your rooting guide for Week 15:

49ers over Falcons to clinch a playoff berth (hope I didn't have to tell you that)
Ravens over Jets
Bengals over Patriots
Buccaneers over Lions
Packers over Bears 
Chiefs over Broncos
Redskins over Eagles
Panthers over Seahawks
Cardinals over Browns
Chargers over Vikings
Rams over Cowboys
Steelers over Bills
Colts over Saints

So 49er fans should want the Rams to Win? I wish the Pathers weren't an absolute mess right now. 

23 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Your rooting guide for Week 15:

49ers over Falcons to clinch a playoff berth (hope I didn't have to tell you that)
Ravens over Jets
Bengals over Patriots
Buccaneers over Lions
Packers over Bears 
Chiefs over Broncos
Redskins over Eagles
Panthers over Seahawks
Cardinals over Browns
Chargers over Vikings
Rams over Cowboys
Steelers over Bills
Colts over Saints

Explain Rams over Cowboys. How does that benefit us? 

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Well, yes, but it is also a strength of schedule benefit for us as we play the Rams twice. 

Does SOS matter at this point considering we would have the tiebreaker over the Saints or Packers? Or does it matter if there is a three way tie at 13-3 (Assuming we lose to the Rams or Falcons but beat Seattle)?

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Does SOS matter at this point considering we would have the tiebreaker over the Saints or Packers? Or does it matter if there is a three way tie at 13-3 (Assuming we lose to the Rams or Falcons but beat Seattle)?

It matters vs. Minnesota. In a situation where we lose to Seattle and the Rams and Minnesota beats the Packers and loses the division, it could be the difference in traveling to Philly/Dallas or New Orleans. 

9 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

It matters vs. Minnesota. In a situation where we lose to Seattle and the Rams and Minnesota beats the Packers and loses the division, it could be the difference in traveling to Philly/Dallas or New Orleans. 

Ah, in that scenario I really don't care.

Only worried about if we finish in a three way tie at 13-3 with GB and NO and how the tiebreaker plays a part there. 

• Like 1