Week 15 GDT - Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

13 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Also, WHERE ARE THE ******* SACKS? What happened to front four suffocating the QB like we saw earlier in the year. I know the backups are injured and Ford, but the starters should be eating the opposition alive. 

Offenses are getting the ball out faster. Its very noticeable, at least to me. That and we're seeing alot of max-protect. Couple that with the losses to injury and you have what you have. I figured offenses were going to adjust and shorten their drops and start hitting us with more quick-hitters and mis-directions. Makes too much sense. Losing Ford and Blair has hurt also. Ford was really doing well on that that strong side and pushing QBs up into the rush. Its a combination of things really.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Buck’s just not the same this year. In previous years, he was destroying o-lines single handedly. This year, he’s making plays here and there, but there’s no consistency with him. 

this team was so flat all day. Thank goodness for Kittle and Barner or this would’ve been a blowout. 

I disagree. DeFo has been solid. He's play has pretty much been steady all year. His sacks are down but its not always about raw numbers. Sometimes his job is to occupy blockers and stay in his rush lane, not go all out and pressure the QB. We rush in tandem, not just four guys blindly rushing the QB. He's doing the excat same thing he was doing earlier in the season when our front seven was eating. Its really the edge guys that haven't really been as effective because of all the losses. So much so that we're using DeFo and Armstead ALOT more on the edge in certain packages...which affects their production as neither are at thier best rushing from the outside.

• Like 1

Well, props to em, if they pull off all that jazz. I no longer think they win either game, tbh. 

Full health, sure it's even likely. With this bunch? nope. 

I'm glad this Falcons game occurred as such. It was a good slap to recognize and reevaluate my expectation. Good team. Great team healthy, but far too flawed to be considered a likely winner, in the end. I can live with this, but am cancelling my SB ticket order. 

12 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Offenses are getting the ball out faster. Its very noticeable, at least to me. That and we're seeing alot of max-protect. Couple that with the losses to injury and you have what you have. I figured offenses were going to adjust and shorten their drops and start hitting us with more quick-hitters and mis-directions. Makes too much sense. Losing Ford and Blair has hurt also. Ford was really doing well on that that strong side and pushing QBs up into the rush. Its a combination of things really.

QBs are definitely getting the ball out faster but we just lost our DL depth. It's just gone and there will be a drop off. Starters have to play more snaps and are worn down in the 4th quarter. Losing our lone speed rusher, the third DE, his replacement and our explosive NT will make a huge difference. Oh yeah, Julian Taylor is also out. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But we need to win next week to assure a first round bye. Saints/Packers both have only three losses. 

I thought we would have lost the SOS tie breaker. I guess that changed huh. So if we lose to the Rams and beat the Seahawks, still win the west. Obviously may not have first seed at that point or a bye depending on what happens with the other division winners. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kittle definitely gave the Falcons life with that fumble. Crazy how it happened with no defender even knocking it out. 

I'm more concerned about how bad our OL was and how ineffective our passing game was. Didn't stretch the field at all and couldn't get much of anything. 

And let's be real, we got 10 points off very questionable roughing the passer calls. Just wasn't our day. 

Garland got worked by Jarret the whole game. In the run and pass game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

Yep. Get brunskill prepped, because Garland was brutal and we can't have that interior pressure coming in like that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Not to mention we dont have corners who play press man. They need to give themselves a cushion so they dont get beat deep. Long and rangy but not the most agile. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

Yep, and now Aaron Donald is on deck ... 

3 minutes ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

Not to mention we dont have corners who play press man. They need to give themselves a cushion so they dont get beat deep. Long and rangy but not the most agile. 

I was saying this during the game. We needed to play cover 2 against Julio. That way our corners could be aggressive underneath. Cover 3 with corners forces them to defend the deep part of the field and concede the underneath stuff.

As bad as Garland was, Person was just as bad, if not worst. And Tomlinson had some suspect moments himself. What just baffled me was how they couldn't pick up any of the delayed blitzes from the Falcons. Like couldn't adjust at any point of the game? 

Getting more and more frustrated thinking of this pathetic performance lol.