GDT 12/12/19 Week 15: 11-2 Baltimore Ravens vs 5-8 New York Jets

DreamKid

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Thursday. Gregg Williams. Stanley out. Jackson on injury report already. I really want Jackson to win MVP but that’s a lot of concerns. We could start RG3 and still probably win this game by 40

I think it's overblown. He's fine. Hurst will be okay with help against a weak team. Need this game badly for #1 seed.

• Like 3

Just now, M.10.E said:

I think it's overblown. He's fine. Hurst will be okay with help against a weak team. Need this game badly for #1 seed.

We don’t need this game at all for the #1 seed. And it would be an easy win probably even with McSorley.

And people are really overlooking the Gregg Williams factor 

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

We don’t need this game at all for the #1 seed. And it would be an easy win probably even with McSorley.

And people are really overlooking the Gregg Williams factor 

And you're overlooking how hard it is to win an NFL game with a comment like that. We need to win 2 out of 3 for the 1 seed. Win this one, rest 10 days and win the next. I'm much more worried about the Steelers top 5 defense than the Jets.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

And you're overlooking how hard it is to win an NFL game with a comment like that. We need to win 2 out of 3 for the 1 seed. Win this one, rest 10 days and win the next. I'm much more worried about the Steelers top 5 defense than the Jets.

I honestly don’t care that much about the 1 seed. It would be nice but it’s not going to determine whether or not we go to the Super Bowl. And if you have vastly superior talent and coaching it’s not that hard to win an NFL game. The Steelers don’t have a psychopath who probably gets hard thinking about taking out the MVP front runner calling plays on defense 

Disagree about the importance of the 1 seed, I think it's definitely hugely important. I'd much rather watch Kansas City and New England beat up on each other and get to host the winner at home if we get to the AFC Title game rather than probably having to beat both of them to reach the Super Bowl, all the while having to go to Foxboro in that scenario. Obviously you have to beat the best to be the best blah blah blah but the road to Miami is dramatically more favorable for us if we get the 1 seed.

And while I absolutely expect us to win, I do think this game is trickier than we'll expect. Short week with Stanley out poses its own problems. And on top of that the Jets are just kind of a weird team - they're actually decently talented but just seem to lack cohesion/consistency. They sort of remind me of the Browns in some ways who obviously gave us trouble and I think the Jets are one of those teams that can similarly just have the lightbulb go on for them randomly for a week. 

I'm also not thrilled with the Gregg Williams factor but I just don't really think you can bench someone based just on that. We can't really afford to lose this game with the 1 seed in mind - with two tough divisional games coming after that we need to give ourselves the flexibility to split those CLE/PIT matchups rather than having zero margin for error and also coming off a bad loss to begin with. 

• Like 4

You beat the team in front of you, period. I don't care if its in Baltimore, KC, NE or Japan. Keep stacking the statements and you earn the right to be the man by dealing with everyone you can. Both our championships have been won on the road so while it will be nice to do it in Baltimore, I don't care where its done.

Just keep winning, fellas!

• Like 2

Best thing you guys can and easily should be able to do is start Lamar let him get his quick 3 TDs and then let him rest (among other key starters). RG3 is capable of beating us on his own. We are going to be without Mosley, Williamson, Adams, Q Williams, Poole. Those are our 5 best defenders. Scoring on us should be a problem. And our offense scares no one. Our OL is the worst in the league.

Smartest thing like I said would be to get a few quick TDs with Lamar and get him out of there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Best thing you guys can and easily should be able to do is start Lamar let him get his quick 3 TDs and then let him rest (among other key starters). RG3 is capable of beating us on his own. We are going to be without Mosley, Williamson, Adams, Q Williams, Poole. Those are our 5 best defenders. Scoring on us should be a problem. And our offense scares no one. Our OL is the worst in the league.

Smartest thing like I said would be to get a few quick TDs with Lamar and get him out of there.

What are the Jets biggest needs this upcoming draft/Free agency? New coach, oline, outside linebacker?

1 hour ago, Danand said:

What are the Jets biggest needs this upcoming draft/Free agency? New coach, oline, outside linebacker?

Most of the fan base hates Gase already. But the FO has pretty much already said he will be here next year regardless. As for needs... the biggest need is rebuilding the OL. Legit we need 4 new starters (Lewis at OG isn’t that bad). WR we need being that Robby is a FA and I’m not sure if we resign him and DT is a FA as well as Enunwas career more than likely over. Leaving us really with just Crowder as our only nfl caliber WR under contract next year. Edge rusher is a need. Jenkins has proven he’s a good edge guy but not that big sack guy. So we need 1 edge speed rusher. And CB is a need as well.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Most of the fan base hates Gase already. But the FO has pretty much already said he will be here next year regardless. As for needs... the biggest need is rebuilding the OL. Legit we need 4 new starters (Lewis at OG isn’t that bad). WR we need being that Robby is a FA and I’m not sure if we resign him and DT is a FA as well as Enunwas career more than likely over. Leaving us really with just Crowder as our only nfl caliber WR under contract next year. Edge rusher is a need. Jenkins has proven he’s a good edge guy but not that big sack guy. So we need 1 edge speed rusher. And CB is a need as well.

With Beachum and Edoga who has some talent, are interior oline more of a pressing need, or is it just "best" talent available on the oline?

10 minutes ago, Danand said:

With Beachum and Edoga who has some talent, are interior oline more of a pressing need, or is it just "best" talent available on the oline?

Edoga will be able to battle for a spot... but he struggled most of the snaps he played this year. He does have talent though, so who knows. Beachum and Winters will more than likely get cut.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This, to me, sounds like Andrews is playing through pain and if that's the case why are we even risking it on a short week with the most loaded TE group in football?

I think he'll be on a snap count. From there his input as the game goes on, as he gauges how he feels etc, will be able to influence it. If we get a big lead early he'll probably retire early too.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I recently moved out of New York. But I still miss those self-loathing Jets fans, LOL!

• Like 1