Do you consider the Patriots 6 Super Bowls to be valid?

VanS

Do you consider the Patriots 6 Super Bowl titles valid?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Patriots 6 Super Bowl titles valid?

Now that the Patriots are involved in another cheating scandal I think this topic needs to be revisted.  We all know how unprecedented their success over the last 19 years has been.  This one franchise has kept winning at a rate that supercedes all others in the history of the game during an era designed for parity.  This one franchise also keeps getting caught in cheating scandal after cheating scandal. 

I thought after Spygate and Deflategate they had stopped cheating and the last 2 Super Bowls had validated their greatness.  Guess not.  This new allegations seems to suggest they never stopped.  I've personally reached the breaking point when it comes to the Patriots.  I will no longer give the Patriots credit for any of their Super Bowl wins given how consistently they seem to be cheating. 

• Like 1

This thread would of been better after the conclusion of Spygate 2.0 investigation. 

The first three are not valid to me at all. Their scandal lasted from 2000-2007 according to 90 different sources in the NFL, all with the same story. 

The last three are indeed valid to me and hard earned Super Bowls. However, if Spygate 2.0 turns out to be another Spygate, then zero of their Super Bowls are valid to me. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm a steelers fan who hates the pats but those superbowls are valid

Just curious, why do you think the first three are so valid when their cheating scandal lasted seven years? They recorded a minimum 40 games over the course of seven seasons and had an entire room dedicated to deciphering coaching signals. And this was always against the rules. The memo sent out in 2006 was just a reminder (basically NFL giving the Pats a pass and not wanting to get their hands dirty). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that the Patriots use every advantage they can find to win football games. Yes, it has involved cheating in the past. But it's up to the league to catch them and enforce punishments. So far, to the Patriots credit, they have stayed ahead of the curve.

So you're essentially cosigning a race to the bottom?  You're fine with cheating in sports?  I think your position is equivalent to excusing someone who is committing securities fraud on the logic that its on law enforcement to catch them.  Fraud is fraud.  Cheating is cheating.  Just because you don't get punished by the authority in charge does not make your actions acceptable.

4 minutes ago, VanS said:

So you're essentially cosigning a race to the bottom?  You're fine with cheating in sports?  I think your position is equivalent to excusing someone who is committing securities fraud on the logic that its on law enforcement to catch them.  Fraud is fraud.  Cheating is cheating.  Just because you don't get punished by the authority in charge does not make your actions acceptable.

They were punished for their wrongdoing. This most recent episode was really questionable in my opinion. Seems more likely to be a miscommunication than overt cheating. Of course it needs to be fully evaluated. If they pulled the same stunt again, of course my opinion of them will probably be affected

15 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm a steelers fan who hates the pats but those superbowls are valid

Even if they filmed the walkthroughs of the Rams and Panthers before those respective Super Bowls?

I'm not a fan of any team.  I only follow certain players and I like the sport as a whole.  The Patriots cheating scandals hurt the integrity of the game which I care about more than which team wins.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Even if they filmed the walkthroughs of the Rams and Panthers before those respective Super Bowls?

I'm not a fan of any team.  I only follow certain players and I like the sport as a whole.  The Patriots cheating scandals hurt the integrity of the game which I care about more than which team wins.

Can someone please ban this guy already?

• Like 2