Leisher's 2020 Mock drafts rds 1-4 only.

jleisher

Just for fun, still way to early to make any solid picks, which one of the three mocks would you like to see or could live with?

MOCK #1

26.  Laviska Shenault Jr NFL

Scouting Report: Laviska Shenault Jr.

School: Colorado Position: Wide Receiver Class: Junior Height: 6’2″ Weight: 220 Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Powerfully built receiver that has a rare combination of height, strength, speed, and agility. Has superb speed in the open field and acceleration after getting out of cuts. Able to fight for balls and generally will win against smaller, weaker defensive backs. Has had some injury concerns, some of which due to his physical style of play. Catches everything thrown his way and is able to get separation at the point of the catch and by getting away from defenders.

#58.  

Scouting Report: Kenneth Murray

School: Oklahoma Position: Outside/Inside Linebacker Class: Junior Height: 6’2″ Weight: 238 Projected Draft Round: 1-3

Scouting Report:

Athletic and versatile linebacker prospect that is still working on a final position in college, and how he will be projected to the next level. Excellent at working in the middle of the defense and taking care of the gaps in front of him. More than just a downhill, thumper, however. Has shown excellent read and react skills in coverage and can move quickly from sideline to sideline. A sound tackler, that is patient, and doesn’t take many false moves in moving toward his intended target. Has shown enough speed and power off of the edge, that will also be considered as an edge rusher at the next level.

#90.  cropped-Marvin-Wilson-NFL-678x381.jpg

Scouting Report: Marvin Wilson

School: Florida State Position: Defensive Tackle Class: Junior Height: 6’5″ Weight: 311 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Marvin Wilson is the 2019 version of Brian Burns – a superb bright spot on a team that doesn’t seem to be holding together at all. Wilson plays every snap through the whistle, and has a non-stop motor. He didn’t burst immediately onto the scene after being an elite, blue chip recruit coming out of high school. He has the height, length, and anchor to just sit and control the gaps against him and be stout against the run but is much more than that. He has shown remarkable explosion off of the snap and can shoot the gaps. Wilson has taken his time to develop his craft, and has a nice array of pass rush moves. A very fast riser up draft boards.

#132.  Lucas Niang NFL

Scouting Report: Lucas Niang

School: TCU Position: Offensive Tackle Class: Senior Height: 6’7″ Weight: 328 Projected Draft Round: 1-3

Scouting Report:

Prototypical length, height, and base to play tackle at the next level. Elite pass blocking prospect that has spent the majority of his time at right tackle, and appears to be staying there. Skillset is heavily tilted toward pass protection at this point, and with his huge frame and length, is very difficult to get around, and nearly impossible to beat with power straight on. Has a lot of work to do with run blocking, which will be the major indicator of his draft stock. With improvement in setting up to create lanes for running backs and settling into the mentality of road grading through to the next level, could go in the first round.

MOCK #2

#26.  Isaiah Simmons NFL

Scouting Report: Isaiah Simmons

School: Clemson Position: Safety/OLB Class: Junior Height: 6’4 Weight: 225 Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Hybrid safety and outside linebacker prospect that fits that popular prospect profile at the next level. Most of his experience is at safety, where he operated near the line, able to make plays as the stellar defensive line in front of him attached the backfield. Physical with excellent length and strength. Tackles through the defender and wraps up well, and able to move easily from sideline to sideline. Good coverage skills and doesn’t often over pursue the play.

#58.  Trey Smith, NFL

Scouting Report: Trey Smith

School: Tennessee Position: Offensive Tackle/Guard Class: Junior Height: 6’6 Weight: 320 Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Has dominated SEC opponents since coming to Tennessee in 2017. However, questions linger about his health as he is battling blood clots in his lungs. When on the field, Smith smothers defenders with his elite length coupled with superb lateral movement. He is a natural bender that reacts exceptionally well to speed as his balance takes care of power rushers. Has prototypical skills and body type for the tackle position at the next level, but with his ability to decimate defenders, some are intrigued at his potential at guard in the make of Quenton Nelson.

#90.  Jacob Breeland NFL

Scouting Report: Jacob Breeland

School: Oregon Position: Tight End Class: Junior Height: 6’5″ Weight: 241 Projected Draft Round: 2-4

Scouting Report:

A unique tight end prospect that projects almost as a take the top off of the defense vertical receiver. Could be drafted as a wide receiver, as there is not much in his game that applies to the tight end position. Best when used downfield and to keep defenses honest. A natural catcher of the long ball. Not effective as a run blocker or as a blocker in the passing game. Short to mid routes don’t show much separation. An interesting prospect that will need to find the right system to thrive.

#132.  Chase Claypool NFL

Scouting Report: Chase Claypool

School: Notre Dame Position: Wide Receiver Class: Senior Height: 6’4″ Weight: 229 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Production varied depending on the QB at Notre Dame, and when the offensive was clicking, was a key part of their passing game. Doesn’t possess high end vertical speed, but runs very efficient routes, and has a nice burst out of his cuts. Can post up and win balls with a corner on him, and can often get separation after a short or medium route cut. Reliable hands and a big catch radius. Catches the ball away from his body, and does a good job of bring the ball in, securing it, turning up field and extending the play.

MOCK #3

#26.  Jake Fromm 2020 NFL Mock Draft

Scouting Report: Jake Fromm

School: Georgia Position: Quarterback Class: Junior Height: 6’2 Weight: 220 Projected Draft Round: 1

Scouting Report:

Able to make all of the throws and operates smoothly and confidently form the pocket. Doesn’t panic, and goes through his progressions and will make good decisions when nothing is there, and won’t make the high risk pass. Accurate with good arm strength. Operates in an offense that has depended on the run the last few years, so hasn’t had the opportunity to work in a wide open passing game.

#58.  Albert Okwuegbunam NFL

Scouting Report: Albert Okwuegbunam

School: Missouri Position: Tight End Class: Junior Height: 6-5 Weight: 265 Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Big play tight end that has found the ability to get huge yards after the catch in the open field during his redshirt Sophomore season. Catches the ball away from his body with excellent touch. Big catch radius. Height, weight, speed are all ideal as a pass catching tight end in today’s NFL. Has a knack for getting open, and route running has improved. Not a great blocker, but it is improving, and hasn’t been asked to do much of that.

#90.  Khalid Kareem NFL

Scouting Report: Khalid Kareem

School: Notre Dame Position: Defensive End Class: Senior Height: 6’4″ Weight: 262 Projected Draft Round: 2-3

Scouting Report:

A coach’s son that has had to wait his turn at Notre Dame and then made the most of it after winning the starting job. Extremely productive in a number of “flash” stats from tackles, to sacks, to knocking down passes, to forcing fumbles. He is an unselfish player that has had to operate in a scheme that asks for dynamic playmakers, not just one dimensional players. Not a pure pass rusher, but probably better suited to being a balanced defensive end that can pass rush, defend the run, and drop into coverage when needed.

#132.  Alaric Jackson NFL

Scouting Report: Alaric Jackson

School: Iowa Position: Offensive Tackle Class: Junior Height: 6’6″ Weight: 320 Projected Draft Round: 2-3

Scouting Report:

Patient, powerful left tackle that has room to grow as a blindside blocker by actually shrinking a bit. Has a little extra girth and by trimming down and removing some bad weight, could flourish into an elite left tackle prospect. Has nice foot control and rarely takes a false step. Very powerful against stronger defenders trying to bull rush him. Has nice balance and bend and isn’t beaten by speed often, but by continuing to improve his build, could gain some lateral quickness.

Fromm will bust HARD in the NFL. He came on strong his freshman year then everyone figured him out. Eason will have the better career and only marginally. There will be a lot of QB's selected early in this class and I can't say that any of them will be worth a damn. I'd have to go with Mock 1 if I'd pick one of them and we probably aren't going WR in the 1st....plus Shenault is injury-prone from what I've read.

You've got a lot of interesting players in there. Some/many you have us drafting in rounds that are too low for where they will go. I want' nothing to do with Fromm in any round. I'm in on none of the QB's this year not named Joe Burrow, who is going #1. I'd take a developmental guy in round 3 or 4. 

• Like 1

I like mock 1.

I’m not high on 2/3.

Simmons-I’m getting tired of us swinging at projection ILBs. We’ve used a 2 and 3 in the last 4 years on hybrid safety lbs. Just no

Fromm- Seems like a nice guy who can be a leader and make throws. I don’t think he’s special though. He’s been just a game manager. I don’t think he elevates people. 

Also, and I know this is a contrarian opinion, I don't think WR is our problem. I think our QB's ego is our problem and his risk adverse way of playing QB. Not to mention he wouldn't give a rookie a snowballs chance in hell of getting the ball thrown their way on a regular basis. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Golfman said:

You've got a lot of interesting players in there. Some/many you have us drafting in rounds that are too low for where they will go. I want' nothing to do with Fromm in any round. I'm in on none of the QB's this year not named Joe Burrow, who is going #1. I'd take a developmental guy in round 3 or 4. 

co-signed.

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

Also, and I know this is a contrarian opinion, I don't think WR is our problem. I think our QB's ego is our problem and his risk adverse way of playing QB. Not to mention he wouldn't give a rookie a snowballs chance in hell of getting the ball thrown their way on a regular basis. 

Our WR's have typically taken 2-3 years to develop. Remember how long it took Adams to get to where he is? Jordy as well...

But I also don't think you can avoid adding one just because he might not get enough looks as a rookie either. Time will go on after Rodgers.

• Like 1

Per Pff, our 2-4 wrs entering the season (Allison, Kumerow, and MVS) are all grading out as 4th string caliber wrs. Lazard has surprised a bit but is still a small sample size. 

Out of our 3 Tes, Mercedes is the only one with a non crappy grade and he is essentially an OL.

I do think AR deserves criticism, but our passing game weapons are really trash outside of Adams and Jones. The fact is going into this season we were asking low pedigree guys to develop and play over their skis.

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Per Pff, our 2-4 wrs entering the season (Allison, Kumerow, and MVS) are all grading out as 4th string caliber wrs. Lazard has surprised a bit but is still a small sample size. 

Out of our 3 Tes, Mercedes is the only one with a non crappy grade and he is essentially an OL.

I do think AR deserves criticism, but our passing game weapons are really trash outside of Adams and Jones. The fact is going into this season we were asking low pedigree guys to develop and play over their skis.

Why are they grading low because of a lack of opportunities? You can't produce unless a guy will throw you the ball occasionally.