Coach Of The Year Predictions

TXsteeler

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Vegas is not the same as media expectations...Vegas odds are influenced by external factors that have nothing to do with football (namely, betting patterns of individuals, amount bet, etc). So it's faulty to use Vegas odds as a line of thought regarding expectations. Vegas also doesn't vote on this award. 

My argument was going to be "Okay well look at these Preseason Power rankings!"

Then I saw that both ESPN and NFL.com had the 49ers 22nd and 24th respectively while the Ravens were 16th and 12th. WTF lolololol

• Like 1

Sporting News - Projected an 8-8 record for both teams. 

The Ringer - 6 man panel. 4 of the 6 had the Ravens making the playoffs. 0 of the 6 had the 49ers making the playoffs. 

Sports Illustrated - multiple panelists. 2 had the 49ers making it as a wildcard, 1 had the Ravens making it as a division winner (lol, man, a lot of these people missed the boat). 

B/R originally had the Ravens slated for 9-7, the 49ers for 8-8. 

USA today had the ravens 8-8, 49ers 10-6. 

It can go on and on. LIS, it's the same argument for both people. These expectations are very much in the same tier. 

• Like 4

On 12/10/2019 at 4:59 PM, Danger said:

but how many coaches win with a RB playing QB tho? Heh

I would like to think Jacksons success has a lot more to do with their OC calling the plays and designing the scheme than it does Harbaugh. Just like Tebows success in Denver had everything to do with Mike McCoy and not John Fox.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I would like to think Jacksons success has a lot more to do with their OC calling the plays and designing the scheme than it does Harbaugh. Just like Tebows success in Denver had everything to do with Mike McCoy and not John Fox.

My comment was meant as satire.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

John deserves a lot of credit though for how he's built this team and completely bought into the idea of building the team around Lamar's strengths AND ALSO his use of analytics. It's one thing to credit Roman for bringing in the heavy pistol scheme he's been using since 2011, but it's another to recognize that without Harbaugh going all-in on Lamar Jackson and the type of player he is, things could've been VERY different.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

John deserves a lot of credit though for how he's built this team and completely bought into the idea of building the team around Lamar's strengths AND ALSO his use of analytics. It's one thing to credit Roman for bringing in the heavy pistol scheme he's been using since 2011, but it's another to recognize that without Harbaugh going all-in on Lamar Jackson and the type of player he is, things could've been VERY different.

I get it, but being 'accepting of change and buying in to what your OC says' doesnt exactly put him above what Shannahan has done in SF this year

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I get it, but being 'accepting of change and buying in to what your OC says' doesnt exactly put him above what Shannahan has done in SF this year

Given all the other things he's done for the team this year, including beating Shanahan, I would say it does. Harbaugh is setting trends in the NFL and breaking historical records. Shanahan is....winning games.

Roman wouldn't have been OC unless Harbaugh had been willing to fire his OC coming off a successful season and a divisional title in order to promote Roman because he fit with what they wanted to do and build around Lamar. Obviously Roman deserves a lot of credit as well but ultimately this has been an execution of an extremely ambitious vision from Harbaugh about how offenses can function in the NFL. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Flores coaches Fins to 3 wins with a Junior High roster (props to Buddy Ryan) and still gets no love? 

"Brian Flores, your 2019 NFL Coach of the Year. Brought the Miami Dolphins from 'worst team ever' category to 'just worst team in the NFL 2019' category. Won 3 games in 2019 against the New York Jets (also a very bad team), the Indianapolis Colts (without their QB), and the Philadelphia Eagles (who are REFUSING to win the NFCE). Flores' coaching job was so incredible that his offense finished in the top 30 in DVOA and his defense finished the season with a ranking in the top 32."

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Flores coaches Fins to 3 wins with a Junior High roster (props to Buddy Ryan) and still gets no love? 

Doesnt deserve any. Might be a good coach but stastically and talent wise, that team is trash. They should probably still be winless if not for 3 bad teams failing to win a game they should have. 3 wins does not a coach of the year make.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Doesnt deserve any. Might be a good coach but stastically and talent wise, that team is trash. They should probably still be winless if not for 3 bad teams failing to win a game they should have. 3 wins does not a coach of the year make.

Maybe not, but it's definitely fairly impressive to win 3 with that team. At least maybe they know they could have a keeper of a coach there? I think that's better than a coach of the year award trophy anyway, if you're a fan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not when you consider who they beat.

It still is. That roster is that bad lol. They managed three somehow. A team with the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Kalen Ballage and no offensive line or defensive front...and they still have more wins than the Giants and Daniel Jones / Barkley, the same win total as the Lions, etc. They have no business winning 3 games.