• CJ Mosley
  • Brent Urban
  • John Brown

And then in addition to those losses we also lost to injury:

• Matt Skura (starting Center)
  • Tavon Young (starting nickel CB)
  • Tony Jefferson (starting SS)
  • Pernell McPhee (starting ROLB)

And we're still the clear-cut #1 overall team in the NFL and Harbaugh is setting trends with the way he's using analytics and the way he (and Greg Roman) have designed this offense. Oh, and we have a top 5 defense, too after starting the season ranked something like 24th overall.

I won't be upset if Shanahan wins it because I think both he and Harbaugh are deserving, but Harbaugh's case is pretty air-tight.

Yeah, you lost an almost 40 year old Terrell Suggs and an injury prone CJ Moseley, and got Earl Thomas and Marcus Peters instead.  

The secondary is completely beefed up from regular season trades.  

Not really the degraded defense you're trying to play it out to be.  

• Like 2

On 12/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

John Harbaugh.

This year we lost in the offseason:

• Terrell Suggs
  • Eric Weddle
  • Za'Darius Smith
  • CJ Mosley
  • Brent Urban
  • John Brown

And then in addition to those losses we also lost to injury:

• Matt Skura (starting Center)
  • Tavon Young (starting nickel CB)
  • Tony Jefferson (starting SS)
  • Pernell McPhee (starting ROLB)

And we're still the clear-cut #1 overall team in the NFL and Harbaugh is setting trends with the way he's using analytics and the way he (and Greg Roman) have designed this offense. Oh, and we have a top 5 defense, too after starting the season ranked something like 24th overall.

I won't be upset if Shanahan wins it because I think both he and Harbaugh are deserving, but Harbaugh's case is pretty air-tight.

You forgot the biggest one:

- Had a QB 80% of this board thought would be terrible and not be the QB after this year.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Yeah, you lost an almost 40 year old Terrell Suggs and an injury prone CJ Moseley, and got Earl Thomas and Marcus Peters instead.  

The secondary is completely beefed up from regular season trades.  

Not really the degraded defense you're trying to play it out to be.  

wonder who has a say in all of those personnel moves.........And make no mistake, losing a leader like Suggs absolutely impacted this defense, same with Mosley. It's part of the reason why our starting ILB's to start the year were Onwuasor and Kenny Young and now Onwuasor is a rotational piece and Kenny Young plays for the Rams while LJ Fort and Josh Bynes are starting for us...

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

wonder who has a say in all of those personnel moves.........And make no mistake, losing a leader like Suggs absolutely impacted this defense, same with Mosley. It's part of the reason why our starting ILB's to start the year were Onwuasor and Kenny Young and now Onwuasor is a rotational piece and Kenny Young plays for the Rams while LJ Fort and Josh Bynes are starting for us...

Don't even bother. All I heard all off-season was we lost so much on defense and these dudes are tryna act like we had no change at all.

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

Don't even bother. All I heard all off-season was we lost so much on defense and these dudes are tryna act like we had no change at all.

Weeks 1-5: "Ravens defense sucks. Losing Weddle, Mosley and Suggs was huge"

Weeks 5-14: "lol Ravens defense lost a disabled Suggs and Mosley is on IR so they actually upgraded!"

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 1:31 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think a lot of people (reading through the replies here) are completely overlooking how much effort and coaching it took for Harbaugh to build the best team in the NFL this year. It's not like we had a crap ton of talent carrying over from last year.

I agree and I hate the Ravens. There are a ton of coaches out there that would have no clue how to handle Lamar Jackson in an NFL offense.

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I agree and I hate the Ravens. There are a ton of coaches out there that would have no clue how to handle Lamar Jackson in an NFL offense.

So they're bad coaches and don't know how to coach a special talent?

7 minutes ago, jg77 said:

I'd give it to Tomlin if the Steelers make the playoffs.

I never doubted Lamar and knew he would be this good.  It was painfully obvious at Lousiville so none of the Raven's success this year surprises me.

Kevin Colbert's managing should get more credit than Tomlin's coaching.  

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What are you even trying to say here? I don't know.

I think a lot of people would have botched the Lamar Jackson project. Harbaugh should be credited for it.

Dude, Lamar is not a "project."  

He's not off of some assembly line.  

The kid's talent is completely his own.  Harbaugh was almost fired 3 years ago.  

I swear boy... When it comes to Baltimore the hate be crazy lmao... We homers when we know how good one of our players are... and then when they actually turn out to be what we said... Everyone knew what was coming and no one deserves credit... It feels good to be the third youngest franchise in football and have the second most SB wins since our inaugural season... Y’all can keep hating if I was most of y’all I’d be a hater too lol

I stopped taking Coach of the Year seriously when Cowher didn’t win it in 2004. It’s always been a political award in which the goalposts move. Case in point, Cowher in 2004 when suddenly the criteria was neither most improved (same number of win improvement as Schottenheimer) nor was it best team (as Cowher’s rookie-QB led team went 15-1 and beat the other two tams with 14+ wins that season in back to back weeks).

On 12/11/2019 at 1:45 AM, N4L said:

I kept telling people this all off-season about kyle. I said he was one of the best coaches in football but that's he's had bad luck with injuries

He is 4-20 with Brian hoyer, cj beathard, and Nick Mullens 

He is 16-3 with Garoppolo 

I completely understand what you are saying but typically this award is given out to the coach of the team that went from worst to first. 

The Ravens were a playoff team last year and unfortunately for harbaugh that dings him on this one. However fair/unfair it is, it's the way this award is given out. 

Just like how MVP is usually a QB. 

Well, not to be that guy but there's another coach out here who's won without his QB with the likes of Dennis Dixon, Michael Vick, Landry Jones, Mason Rudolph, and Duck Hodges,