Raiders waive S Swearinger, LB Brown, DT McClain; sign 3; promote CB Nick Nelson

RaidersAreOne

Maybin over Nick Nelson... interesting.

We must like Maybin a lot because we paid him 221k for practice squad.  Nelson got 136k, everyone else 96-88k (or prorated amount based on what week they signed).

let’s bring some young guys up and see more of developing players like Isaiah Johnson get Playing time.

We need a legit RB2 next year.  Jacobs is a durable guy but in order to prolong his success we need someone capable to spell him on occasion.  I’d prefer someone whose a good short yardage back too.

im not opposed to spending a 3rd to 5th round draft picks to fill this need.  I have my targets out there but what do you guys think?  If not draft we could sign a free agent.  I prefer drafting a guy personally.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

We need a legit RB2 next year.  Jacobs is a durable guy but in order to prolong his success we need someone capable to spell him on occasion.  I’d prefer someone whose a good short yardage back too.

im not opposed to spending a 3rd to 5th round draft picks to fill this need.  I have my targets out there but what do you guys think?  If not draft we could sign a free agent.  I prefer drafting a guy personally.

Looks like a decent crop if Juniors come out early and many might with Jacobs success, they might think they'll be drafted earlier but with many they will fall. =)

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It was odd to me how quickly they started Swearinger. He came in off the street and was immediately starting. Seemed rash. Did they not have a plan should an injury occur? The whole defense and depth is just a mess.

How many week one starters do we have still playing on defense?