GDT Week 15: Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs: Drewcember is here!

iLikeDefense

The Fant injury reminds me - I lovvvvvvved the FB leak play that we ran on the 1st drive, resulting in a big play to Beck. He's a total mismatch for any LB in pass coverage. That is a staple of Kyle Shanahan's Offense.

Hopefully we don't have to move Beck back to TE, which would mean us removing all FB plays.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Royal_VT said:

It hurts to think about how meaningful this game would be had we not lost even just ONE of the Bears, Jaguars, Colts games.

I look at it the other way - we wouldn't have gone to think 2020+ if we had still been in mathematical contention (theoretically still alive but practically dead in water since 3-8).    No 2020+, no Lock starting - remember, the term "rebuild" was used with Lock's activation - and it was a long time in coming from the FO. 

Also remember that Lock wasn't even in the picture to be activated for practice week 9.    If Elway & co. thought Lock was even close to being ready to help now, he would have been activated Week 9 right away.   That's OK, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, and we've had enough bad QB fortune, I'll take it.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I look at it the other way - we wouldn't have gone to think 2020+ if we had still been in mathematical contention (theoretically still alive but practically dead in water since 3-8).    No 2020+, no Lock starting - remember, the term "rebuild" was used with Lock's activation - and it was a long time in coming from the FO. 

Also remember that Lock wasn't even in the picture to be activated for practice week 9.    If Elway & co. thought Lock was even close to being ready to help now, he would have been activated Week 9 right away.   That's OK, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, and we've had enough bad QB fortune, I'll take it.

Yeah but i wanna cherry pick my hypothetical situation to where we would have won one or two more of those games AND have Lock starting! Good point though, that isn't a reality that would've happened.

17 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I look at it the other way - we wouldn't have gone to think 2020+ if we had still been in mathematical contention (theoretically still alive but practically dead in water since 3-8). 

If Tennessee beat twice Houston and we go 3-0 we have almost 70% chance to be 6th seed.

We win in each tiebreaker with team finishing at 8-8 . To be IN, NY Jets need to beat Pittsburgh week 16. And for me this game and Denver beating KC is the only difficulty.

Yes Christmas day is the 25th......but the chance are not dead yet :D

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Projected Rankings
Standings and playoff seeds update automatically based on your picks.

AFC EAST

CUR PROJ
New England 10-3 13-3
Buffalo 9-4 11-5
NY Jets 5-9 6-10
Miami 3-10 5-11
AFC WEST CUR PROJ
Kansas City 9-4 11-5
Denver 5-8 8-8
Oakland 6-7 7-9
Los Angeles 5-8 6-10
AFC NORTH CUR PROJ
Baltimore 12-2 14-2
Cleveland 6-7 8-8
Pittsburgh 8-5 8-8
Cincinnati 1-12 1-15
AFC SOUTH CUR PROJ
Tennessee 8-5 10-6
Indianapolis 6-7 8-8
Houston 8-5 8-8
Jacksonville 4-9 4-12

4 hours ago, French Fan said:

If Tennessee beat twice Houston and we go 3-0 we have almost 70% chance to be 6th seed.

We win in each tiebreaker with team finishing at 8-8 . To be IN, NY Jets need to beat Pittsburgh week 16. And for me this game and Denver beating KC is the only difficulty.

Projected Rankings

AFC EAST

CUR PROJ
New England 10-3 13-3
Buffalo 9-4 11-5
NY Jets 5-9 6-10
Miami 3-10 5-11
AFC WEST CUR PROJ
Kansas City 9-4 11-5
Denver 5-8 8-8
Oakland 6-7 7-9
Los Angeles 5-8 6-10
AFC NORTH CUR PROJ
Baltimore 12-2 14-2
Cleveland 6-7 8-8
Pittsburgh 8-5 8-8
Cincinnati 1-12 1-15
AFC SOUTH CUR PROJ
Tennessee 8-5 10-6
Indianapolis 6-7 8-8
Houston 8-5 8-8
Jacksonville 4-9 4-12

Even if Pit somehow lost to NYJ (unlikely given how they match up), If BAL clinches the 1 seed they have already confirmed they are sitting Lamar week 17 vs. Pit even if Pit was fighting for a playoff spot.  

It’s just not happening.  Embrace the rebuild year for what it is and look to 2020.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Even if Pit somehow lost to NYJ (unlikely given how they match up), If BAL clinches the 1 seed they have already confirmed they are sitting Lamar week 17 vs. Pit even if Pit was fighting for a playoff spot.  

You really think that this Baltimore Team without L.Jackson is not a PO Team ? They have talent everywhere and bench player are better than some teams.

I dont think Pittsburgh is a PO Team. 6 wins of 8 with 7 pts or less (only Bengals and Dolphins lose by 24 and 14).

Denver certainly miss the PO but they are not dead yet. And if they win at KC after 14 games they will be in contention. Not bad for this team after a disastrous season.

2 hours ago, French Fan said:

You really think that this Baltimore Team without L.Jackson is not a PO Team ? They have talent everywhere and bench player are better than some teams.

I dont think Pittsburgh is a PO Team. 6 wins of 8 with 7 pts or less (only Bengals and Dolphins lose by 24 and 14).

Denver certainly miss the PO but they are not dead yet. And if they win at KC after 14 games they will be in contention. Not bad for this team after a disastrous season.

I think Pit has more than enough to beat either NYJ or a BAL team who will be resting a ton of starters and nothing to play for.   Saying Pit has a 70 percent chance to go 0-3 (the Den goes 8-8 & TEN beats Hou 2x scenario having a 70 percent chance they make the playoffs requires Pit to go 0-3) is pure fantasy.  

Lamar is the one guy who could win week 17 on his own if the rest of the core starters aren’t playing.   Why his absence matters a ton.   Kind of a moot point either way though.  Moving on. 

Edited by Broncofan

9 hours ago, French Fan said:

Projected Rankings

AFC EAST

CUR PROJ
New England 10-3 13-3
Buffalo 9-4 11-5
NY Jets 5-9 6-10
Miami 3-10 5-11
AFC WEST CUR PROJ
Kansas City 9-4 11-5
Denver 5-8 8-8
Oakland 6-7 7-9
Los Angeles 5-8 6-10
AFC NORTH CUR PROJ
Baltimore 12-2 14-2
Cleveland 6-7 8-8
Pittsburgh 8-5 8-8
Cincinnati 1-12 1-15
AFC SOUTH CUR PROJ
Tennessee 8-5 10-6
Indianapolis 6-7 8-8
Houston 8-5 8-8
Jacksonville 4-9 4-12

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nfl-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo is another good one.

24 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Leary, Juwan James, Walker and Gotsis are all out. Fant is still listed as questionable. Starting to look a little thin in the trenches..

Kind of a bad time to have LOS issues. 

Oh well, this gives us more time to look at Schlottman at RG. 

• Like 1

Denver has 6 penalties in the first half and it’s killing us. Also, oddly enough, the slippery conditions seem to be bothering our players much more than the Chiefs. Our WR’s are really struggling to get out of their breaks in the snow, and you can tell it’s messing with Lock’s timing.