GDT Week 15: Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs: Drewcember is here!

iLikeDefense

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I can agree with this. None of them are worth much a damn besides Risner and Leary. Mcgovern might be ok as a swing backup at both guard and the center spot.

Yeah McGovern is a bit out of place as a starting center. I think he’s a much better backup guard. Risner and Leary are both solid (when Leary can stay healthy). But that still leaves at least one tackle (likely 2), and a center. Elway should be ashamed of himself marching these flunkies out there to be our starting line this season. 

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Given the rest of the offense, Sutton hitting 1000 yards is truly amazing.

Hamilton I think with a bit more work could be a decent slot guy.

You may be right about Lock. I’m not sold on him either but idk what you see in Hamilton. He’s probably been one of the useless players this season.

1 minute ago, 1234567 said:

Yeah McGovern is a bit out of place as a starting center. I think he’s a much better backup guard. Risner and Leary are both solid (when Leary can stay healthy). But that still leaves at least one tackle (likely 2), and a center. Elway should be ashamed of himself marching these flunkies out there to be our starting line this season. 

It's should be considered attempted murder.

And just because I'm not sure, has ANYONE won a DPI challenge this year?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Waste of a challenge there by Vic. Shocking that we have awful in-game coaching. 

Because he challenged a DPI when we're down by 20 with 4 minutes remaining? 

Sorry but I can't seem to connect those dots.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Terrible throw. That is exactly what I'm talking about.

ANOTHER TERRIBLE THROW LMAO

Dude this crap is what’s made this forum unreadable these past few months. You’ve been actively rooting against the guy. You sounds more like a rival AFC west fan than anything else. It’s not like everybody predicted he’d go for 300 and 3td’s again...

This and the crap about rooting for losses on here is embarrassing. Or rooting against Vic. Yeah I agree he isn’t going to be Walsh or Belicheck, but can’t we root for improvement? Root for him to do well? We’re surely not firing him this year anyways so why not? Even the fans have a loser’s mentality anymore. I’ve been a member here for literally a majority of my life and now I can’t even stand to read most of what is posted here. Between this and the way Counselor was bullied out for just rooting for our guys and being a FAN. I’m ashamed that this board has devolved to such a level. I haven’t posted in years and if people have forgotten what it means to be a fan and root for the broncos, I might as well just hang in the chiefs forum...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

It's should be considered attempted murder.

And just because I'm not sure, has ANYONE won a DPI challenge this year?

Haha if they have, I haven’t personally seen it. I get the impression that the refs are a bit sour about it, and seem to have taken the attitude than unless it’s really, really obvious they’re not overturning it. 

I’m not rooting against Vic. I don’t think he passes muster as HC. I said so when we hired him and I haven’t seen enough to change my mind. Is he totally incompetent a la Vance or Mac? No. He’s more like Wade Phillips when he was our HC in the early 1990s. Hopefully we can get an upgrade in a year or two after this franchise has re-established itself as a desirable job.  

2 minutes ago, MeloTuloMarsh said:

Dude this crap is what’s made this forum unreadable these past few months. You’ve been actively rooting against the guy. You sounds more like a rival AFC west fan than anything else. It’s not like everybody predicted he’d go for 300 and 3td’s again...

This and the crap about rooting for losses on here is embarrassing. Or rooting against Vic. Yeah I agree he isn’t going to be Walsh or Belicheck, but can’t we root for improvement? Root for him to do well? We’re surely not firing him this year anyways so why not? Even the fans have a loser’s mentality anymore. I’ve been a member here for literally a majority of my life and now I can’t even stand to read most of what is posted here. Between this and the way Counselor was bullied out for just rooting for our guys and being a FAN. I’m ashamed that this board has devolved to such a level. I haven’t posted in years and if people have forgotten what it means to be a fan and root for the broncos, I might as well just hang in the chiefs forum...

Never had a bad thing to say about Vic all year. I just think the idea of a DPI challenge is dumb and needs to be scrapped.

I think the biggest and only real problem on the staff are Ellis and Scangarello. Matt Russell is a bit of a clown as well.

I actually have applauded Vic for his overruling on certain bad play calls.

I've called out our poor OL and I think Lock's ceiling is Jay Cutler. 

I'm more than willing to watch Lock behind hopefully a stable OL next year and a better target to throw to other than just Sutton. 

People are shell shocked because we won a super bowl and then immediately became a league laughing stock. You need to relax. 

Couple thoughts:

1) shocked at how poorly our guys handled the snow. Receivers couldn’t come out of their breaks, receivers dropping passes, db’s looking like they were on ice skates.. KC had virtually none of these issues. 

2) That o-line is gonna get someone killed. Elway owes every qb on this team an apology. 

3) I figured Lock would struggle today, and he did. But I think all things considered, he played about as good as you could hope. Never looked rattled, and never looked like a deer in the headlights. But he’s clearly not in a place yet to do it all on his own. It would be foolish to expect that out of a rookie playing his 3rd game at arrowhead in December. 

27 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Never had a bad thing to say about Vic all year. I just think the idea of a DPI challenge is dumb and needs to be scrapped.

I think the biggest and only real problem on the staff are Ellis and Scangarello. Matt Russell is a bit of a clown as well.

I actually have applauded Vic for his overruling on certain bad play calls.

I've called out our poor OL and I think Lock's ceiling is Jay Cutler. 

I'm more than willing to watch Lock behind hopefully a stable OL next year and a better target to throw to other than just Sutton. 

People are shell shocked because we won a super bowl and then immediately became a league laughing stock. You need to relax. 

When I speak about Vic and all that I’m relating to the fan base at large. It’s become cool in Bronco land to bash the team than anything else. I don’t mean to say that fans should be perfectly content with the way this team has played recently, because they shouldn’t, but I just wanna root for our players. I wanna root for the team to win. I thought that’s what this was all about.

I mean frankly If I were a betting man Would I put money on Vic or Lock to really work out long term? Probably not. But the same could be said for pretty much every young qb. But i wanna be excited for football. Locks first two starts we’re the first thing to get me excited for some time. Just give the dude a chance. There’s nothing worse than somebody that says ‘something won’t work’ without presenting an alternative. You say you’d be willing to let his start next year than what’s the point of all your complaining about him? What would you rather do draft Herbert? Lol

1 minute ago, MeloTuloMarsh said:

When I speak about Vic and all that I’m relating to the fan base at large. It’s become cool in Bronco land to bash the team than anything else. I don’t mean to say that fans should be perfectly content with the way this team has played recently, because they shouldn’t, but I just wanna root for our players. I wanna root for the team to win. I thought that’s what this was all about.

I mean frankly If I were a betting man Would I put money on Vic or Lock to really work out long term? Probably not. But the same could be said for pretty much every young qb. But i wanna be excited for football. Locks first two starts we’re the first thing to get me excited for some time. Just give the dude a chance. There’s nothing worse than somebody that says ‘something won’t work’ without presenting an alternative. You say you’d be willing to let his start next year than what’s the point of all your complaining about him? What would you rather do draft Herbert? Lol

Herbert is one of the biggest reasons why I said he might as well just play next season.

His lucky game against Houston has earned him that in the eyes of Elway and co.

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Herbert is one of the biggest reasons why I said he might as well just play next season.

His lucky game against Houston has earned him that in the eyes of Elway and co.

Lol his "lucky game." If you want to be skeptical of Lock, that's cool, but no one is going to take this stance seriously.

• Like 4