Marcus Davenport done for year

Forge

25 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Thats a damn shame. I thought he was really coming into his own this year. He's still raw but man is his potential off the charts. 

That's why we gave up a first to be able to move up and draft him.  I just hope we get some mileage off of his potential before we have to pay for it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Aside from the Niners game, I haven't watched a lot of Saints games this year.

How does this impact the defense in the short term? What suffers more, the run or pass?

From what I've seen, they've rotated him and Hendrickson a fair bit.  Hendrickson doesn't have the potential, but he's been very good for the Saints.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

It's bad.  But we're still solid at dline, it's our deepest unit.

The Saints defensive line may be down two players for the rest of the season. Defensive end Marcus Davenport is set to miss the rest of the year after hurting his foot last Sunday and defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins may be set for the same fate.

Rankins hurt his ankle in the loss to the 49ers and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that it is a “significant” injury. He adds that it doesn’t look like Rankins will be able to make it back on the field this year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/11/report-sheldon-rankins-has-significant-ankle-injury/

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

The Saints made a massive/bold move giving up 2 firsts+ to go get him. Outside this injury had he looked like the type of player to justify that move?

He's been a good player but I don't know about a 2 first rounders player. He was so raw though and keeps getting better and better, so he could live up to it one day. Injuries don't help though. But as of right now, nah, he hasn't done anything to make you go "man I'm glad we traded our first for him". 

Could be worse though. Still got a good player. Could've been a bust.