Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jtownsfine5t

Brady to Dolphins?

Recommended Posts

I have it on good accord and I’ve privately told @houtz and @CannataPFN that the Tom Brady to the Dolphins was a very real possibility. Makes even more sense if they draft Tua Tagovailoa.  ( Per Neal Driscoll )

 

Neal got this from a very good source. And we at @PFN365 checked in with another source who’s close to the Dolphins...and they didn’t exactly shoot it down. ( Per Matthew Cannata)

 

There’s definitely a lot of smoke. Whether or not he ultimately ends up in Miami remains to be seen. But it’s very much in play. ( Per Matthew Cannata)

Edited by Jtownsfine5t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve heard this one already, and I didn’t consider it realistic then and I don’t consider it realistic now.  It’s fun to speculate though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not really buying into this one. I doubt Brady would ever go to a team that he is not pretty much guaranteed 100% success and would not get killed in the pocket and that describe Miami. Brady would be wanting to  play for Championships not money . Maybe the Steelers if Ben cannot come back or the Colts would be two I think of. I still think he retires a Patriot when it does happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

I am not really buying into this one. I doubt Brady would ever go to a team that he is not pretty much guaranteed 100% success and would not get killed in the pocket and that describe Miami. Brady would be wanting to  play for Championships not money . Maybe the Steelers if Ben cannot come back or the Colts would be two I think of. I still think he retires a Patriot when it does happen.

Agreed!!!!  The only thing that ever sounded as crazy as this was when fans actually believed Peyton Manning had any legit interest in becoming a Dolphin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 9:01 AM, Dolphinmeister said:

I am not really buying into this one. I doubt Brady would ever go to a team that he is not pretty much guaranteed 100% success and would not get killed in the pocket and that describe Miami. Brady would be wanting to  play for Championships not money . Maybe the Steelers if Ben cannot come back or the Colts would be two I think of. I still think he retires a Patriot when it does happen.

Going a step further, already being not-the-most-mobile QB as-is, he's not going to leave the team with the best OL coach currently in the game (who can turn dog food into, at least, Salisbury steak) for a downgraded situation.  So either it would have to be a situation where he walks into playing behind a Top 5 OL or a coach as trustworthy/proven as Scarnecchia (which is basically Mike Munchak... and that's about it).  Basically, the most "likely" spots that he'd agree to go to aren't very likely, barring some very special circumstances arising (i.e. Brees retires in New Orleans, Ben retires in Pittsburgh).  It's a case of needing a perfect-match and I just struggle to find one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The LBC said:

Going a step further, already being not-the-most-mobile QB as-is, he's not going to leave the team with the best OL coach currently in the game (who can turn dog food into, at least, Salisbury steak) for a downgraded situation.  So either it would have to be a situation where he walks into playing behind a Top 5 OL or a coach as trustworthy/proven as Scarnecchia (which is basically Mike Munchak... and that's about it).  Basically, the most "likely" spots that he'd agree to go to aren't very likely, barring some very special circumstances arising (i.e. Brees retires in New Orleans, Ben retires in Pittsburgh).  It's a case of needing a perfect-match and I just struggle to find one.

Tennessee before the Tanne-ssance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Tennessee before the Tanne-ssance.

Their OL isn't living up to its former hype this season.  They could certainly sort themselves out, but given some of the cap adjustment they may need to make depending on the size of the extension given to Tannehill (and Henry is coming due to want a new contract too, I believe), someone like Ben Jones may become easier to part with, financially, than someone like newly-inked Rodger Saffold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-17 at 6:35 PM, The LBC said:

Going a step further, already being not-the-most-mobile QB as-is, he's not going to leave the team with the best OL coach currently in the game (who can turn dog food into, at least, Salisbury steak) for a downgraded situation.  So either it would have to be a situation where he walks into playing behind a Top 5 OL or a coach as trustworthy/proven as Scarnecchia (which is basically Mike Munchak... and that's about it).  Basically, the most "likely" spots that he'd agree to go to aren't very likely, barring some very special circumstances arising (i.e. Brees retires in New Orleans, Ben retires in Pittsburgh).  It's a case of needing a perfect-match and I just struggle to find one.

Brady should go to Dallas for about 15 million

Thats 25 million cheaper than Dak, money they can spend on the defence

He'd have an O-line, RB, WR's already set in place. A new coach, Possibly OC

Dallas can tag and trade Dak, even for a single 1st, then they'd could allocate those picks to the defense as well as the saved capspace

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The LBC said:

Their OL isn't living up to its former hype this season.  

If Tannehill is thriving behind an OL, then it's good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Brady's hometown and one of my best friends played football at Brady's old HS.

Brady told someone (vague on purpose) before the 2018 season that he made a deal with Giselle to only play 2 more years. This is year 2 of that. 

I believe that's why edleman is gutting it out so much, he knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 3:06 PM, N4L said:

I live in Brady's hometown and one of my best friends played football at Brady's old HS.

Brady told someone (vague on purpose) before the 2018 season that he made a deal with Giselle to only play 2 more years. This is year 2 of that. 

I believe that's why edleman is gutting it out so much, he knows. 

Sounds about right. 

Teddy Bridgewater will be starting QB in 2020 for the Pats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol.  No offense to the Dolphins, but I would love it if Brady decided to wreck his legacy by going to the Dolphins and getting away from the man (Belichick) responsible for literally all of his Super Bowl wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...