Stefon Diggs will become a top 10 receiver!!!

Illadelegend215

It's not out of the realm of possibility if he continues to play like he did this week. But until the dude at least has a 1,200+ yard season under his belt or is balling out for more than just a week, I'm gonna say "Prove it to me" 

10 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

It's not out of the realm of possibility if he continues to play like he did this week. But until the dude at least has a 1,200+ yard season under his belt or is balling out for more than just a week, I'm gonna say "Prove it to me" 

If he can have a healthy 16 game season I believe he can eclipse 1200 yards. I think his route running and hands are super solid, really good speed, and strong for a receiver. Kid can flat out ball.

Skill wise, he looks like Antonio Brown. Diggs needs to show consistency to be ranked that highly, which comes down to staying healthy.

Diggs is 23 years old and has 700 and 900 yard seasons under his belt. 1200 would be a good benchmark for him to obtain.

Diggs is extremely talented, great route runner, excellent hands, needs to stay healthy. Top 10 is very possible, especially if Bradford has a great season.

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Skill wise, he looks like Antonio Brown. Diggs needs to show consistency to be ranked that highly, which comes down to staying healthy.

Diggs is 23 years old and has 700 and 900 yard seasons under his belt. 1200 would be a good benchmark for him to obtain.

Diggs is extremely talented, great route runner, excellent hands, needs to stay healthy. Top 10 is very possible, especially if Bradford has a great season.

Stylistically, he might compare to Brown, but he obviously isn't the same caliber of player. It's not "consistency" that's the problem. If Diggs had a 1400 yard season and then a 700 yard season, consistency would be a problem. Diggs can be a great route runner and have good hands, but still not be a top 10 receiver. Both of those things can be true. 

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

And Cooper Kupp looks like Jerry Rice.

I like Diggs alot, but it feels like Vikings fans have put him on a pedestal he has never earned the right to be on since he was drafted.    I seem to recall a long thread about him on the old forum during his rookie year that severely overrated him.

Could he be a top 10 WR?   Absolutely....so could about 30+ other WRs in this league, though.    

So gifted its not funny?   Umm...no.   He has the tools be a top 10 WR, for sure.   Youre seriously overrated his supposed gifts though.  He isnt Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones.  Guys like that are "so gifted its not funny".   Diggs isnt anywhere remotely close to that.

Skill wise, looks like Antonio Brown?   I mean....in reality, there are probably quite a few WRs in the league with skills in the realm as Antonio, but its the little things that separate Antonio from just the merely good WRs in this league.    So while Diggs perhaps could be one of them, that doesnt mean he will come anywhere close to Brown (and probably wont), so thats kind of a misleading comparison.     Not a dig on Diggs, but few reach Antonio's level, even the ones that MIGHT have the potential.

Bottom line, I expect Diggs to be good....perhaps even top 10.    Hell, he is very likely already top 20-25....but lets slow down a bit.    Right now, he reminds me more of Santonio Holmes than Antonio Brown.....and at his best, Santonio was a top 10 WR....but he was no Antonio Brown.   

9 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I have been his biggest supporter and always bring him up! Everyone laughs when I say it, but this kid will become top 10 after a stellar 1100+ 9+td season this year. Kid is so gifted it's not funny.

You would probably get a better discussion going if you listed the aspects or skills you thought he possessed which could potentially make him a top 10 receiver in the near future. I like Diggs as a receiver but there are a lot of very good receivers out there right now. I haven't really seen enough to make a fully informed decision, but from the limited amount I've seen he looks a good receiver with bags of potential. What takes him to the next level?

12 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I have been his biggest supporter and always bring him up! Everyone laughs when I say it, but this kid will become top 10 after a stellar 1100+ 9+td season this year. Kid is so gifted it's not funny.

That's right, Illadelegend215-  be true to your beliefs! It's easy for all of us to look back, in retrospect, and say that we knew so-and-so was going to be great all along. It takes vision to see potential greatness- and courage to predict it.

Archived