Stefon Diggs will become a top 10 receiver!!!

Illadelegend215

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

In his defense, Thielen does appear noticeably slower than Diggs on the field. At least IMO.

I agree with this. Diggs did hit a top speed of like 22.5 mph last season which was one of the fastest in the league the past couple seasons, so maybe he just didn't have a great day when he ran his 40 time. Also NFL Draft Scout has Stefon Diggs at 4.46 at the combine and has Adam Thielen at 4.49 at a pro day, so I really have doubts abouy Thielen being faster. 

On 11/13/2017 at 12:20 AM, tyler735 said:

I agree with this. Diggs did hit a top speed of like 22.5 mph last season which was one of the fastest in the league the past couple seasons, so maybe he just didn't have a great day when he ran his 40 time. Also NFL Draft Scout has Stefon Diggs at 4.46 at the combine and has Adam Thielen at 4.49 at a pro day, so I really have doubts abouy Thielen being faster. 

I think they both run faster than that though, even if neither are true burners.

Stefon Diggs hasn't really seen many targets the past 2 weeks, but you watch him and he's definitely getting open. I think Keenum feels more comfortable throwing to the lesser, not so bold Adam "not Stefon Diggs" Thielen.

On 11/12/2017 at 2:44 PM, Illadelegend215 said:

He had 27 yards against the bears due to injury, and had the same thing again after returning and being used as a decoy. Watching what he is doing against primarily josh Norman should prove how good of a receiver he is. Time off has given him life, and now he is ready to terrorize the league and make that push!

If you dig deep enough, you can always find an excuse, but the point is, when reporters, or I guess 'fantasy bloggers' make comments such as :

"Thielen is as locked in as they come as a WR1 and brings week-to-week consistency at the level of Antonio Brown. "

While Diggs is pulling in 4 Rec for 32 yds, well, my point is, like Austin Powers said best, you are "putting the wrong em-PHAS-is on the wrong sy-LA-ble"...Thielen is quietly the 2nd most productive WR in the league; I'm just saying, to an 'outsider', it appears as if Thielen is the WR that should be touted...not so much Diggs. I don't think Diggs is quite there.

And before you come back and say Diggs draws the best CB, well, so does Brown, Jones, Green, Allen, Hilton, etc., and they manage to produce, because that's what top 10 WRs do. Diggs may have all the 'makings' of a top 10 WR, but for whatever reason...and no, it's not just injuries...he's being consistently out-produced by Thielen.  Therefore, my point is, this thread title should be changed to 'Thielen'...or...lock this thread, and open a new thread about Thielen, because he appears to be the real deal.

Maybe next year Diggs will get his chance, because I agree, Diggs should be producing, but he just isn't, and this last week shows he's not quite there yet--no injuries to 'excuse' him--yet his 4 Rec for 32 yds when Thielen goes off for 123 and a TD, kinda shows he still has work to do to become that true #1 TGT.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank God that Stefon Diggs is rounding into form!- I was beginning to think we should change the name in the title to the heathen "Adam Thielen", Ha! Ha! 

min.png&h=100&w=100Minnesota Receiving
  REC YDS TD LONG TGTS
A. Thielen 6 105 1 52 13
S. Diggs 6 64 0 22 10
K. Rudolph 3 41 1 18 5
L. Treadwell 2 23 0 15 4
J. Wright 2 13 0 8 2
C.J. Ham 1 9 0 9 1
J. McKinnon 2 9 0 6 3
B. Bell 2 7 0 6 2
L. Murray 2 6 0 4

1 3 0 3

Suave photo of Stefon Diggs

Image result for stefon diggs

• 2 weeks later...

Troubling article having the audacity to suggest that Stefon Diggs may have been supplanted even on his own team (let alone among the receivers of the entire league) by Adam Thielen. Blasphemy!

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/vikings-stefon-diggs-finds-paydirt-in-week-15/

•  
  •  
  •  

MIN.svg

Diggs caught five of six targets for 30 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's 34-7 win over the Bengals.

Diggs did most of his work near the line of scrimmage, with the exception of a 20-yard touchdown in the second quarter. That trip to the end zone was only his second since Week 3, as Diggs has clearly been eclipsed by Adam Thielen on the wide receiver depth chart. The third-year man out of Maryland has beefed up his PPR value over the past two weeks, though, snagging 11 throws in that span.

On 9/12/2017 at 7:58 PM, Illadelegend215 said:

I have been his biggest supporter and always bring him up! Everyone laughs when I say it, but this kid will become top 10 after a stellar 1100+ 9+td season this year. Kid is so gifted it's not funny.

My heart is heavy with the possibility that Stefon Diggs may fall short of the Olympian heights (1100+ yards, 9-+ TD's) forecast for him weeks ago:

Adam Thielen 83 130 1191 14.3 4 65 19 85.1 3 2 398 54
Stefon Diggs 53 81 724 13.7 6 59 12 60.3 0 0 239 35

-Indeed, we may now have to wait until next September and launch The 4th-Annual Stefon Diggs Appreciation Thread.:$

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, well, all good things must come to an end, as they say!

Stefon Diggs fell short of the exciting predictions of his becoming a Top-10 receiver in the league this year. However, it can be claimed that he is Top-30, as he finished 25th in receiving yards.

The disquieting thing is that Stefon Diggs wasn't even the best receiver on his own team (!). He was overtaken, and passed, by Adam Thielen:

Adam Thielen 91 143 1276 14.0 4 65 20 79.8 3 2 422 59
Stefon Diggs 64 95 849 13.3 8 59 14 60.6 0 0 266

Still! 64 receptions for 849 yards, is nothing to be sneezed at, and the 8 touchdowns came fairly close to the 9+ forecast for him on these pages. Good season, just not the Olympian heights predicted for him. (The 64 catches on 95 targets, vis-s-vis 91 receptions on 143 targets for Thielen is especially worrisome).

Stefon Diggs ponders his future as the No. 2 receiver on the Vikings:

Image result for stefon diggs    I be's like, suplexed, as the number-one Dude on the team! (He may have meant "supplanted")

How sad. BUT! Hope, as they say, Springs Eternal; only 9 short months before the 4th-Annual Stefon Diggs Appreciation Thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Tough talk from the mother of Stefon Diggs!

http://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/11/stefon-diggs-mom-told-ozzie-newsome-he-should-be-fired-for-not-picking-him/

-Calls out beleaguered Ravens' GM for shocking failure to draft her son (Stefon Diggs)

“This cocksuredness comes as much from Stephanie [Diggs’ mother], who was in Tampa last January to watch Trevon [Diggs’ brother] play for the CFP championship when she ran into Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome. ‘You didn’t pick my son,’ she blurted out. ‘They should fire your ***!'”

- Stephanie Diggs gets earthy with Ozzie Newsome over perceived slight to Stefon Diggs. She was in Tampa to watch his brother, Tevon Diggs. -No mention of Devon Diggs, Melvon Diggs, Chevron Diggs, Revlon Diggs, or Teflon Diggs- but give it time!

• 3 weeks later...

"Bridgestone Elite Performance Play of the Year: Case Keenum to Stefon Diggs "Minneapolis Miracle," divisional round, Minnesota Vikings"

Stefon Diggs justly winning the Kumho Budget Tire Award for "Leap To Glory", his magical ascent high into the Northern Night Sky o'er Minnesota!

Image result for stefon diggs

"When you needs a good ride, get you a Kumho, Boy!"

Image result for Kumho Tires

On 1/14/2018 at 9:38 PM, BleedTheClock said:

But he's not even the best WR on his team. He's a stud though. Top 10? Don't think so. Top 20? Sure, I'd buy that.

Definitely not Top-10, even 20 might be a stretch. I'm aware some of these guys below got hurt this year or underperformed so I won't fight it but I think 20 might be close. His TDs and ypc is strong though 

Brown

Green

Landry

Edelman

Cooks

Hopkins

A-Rob

Hilton

Demaryius

E. Sanders

Allen

Cooper