Stefon Diggs will become a top 10 receiver!!!

Illadelegend215

2 minutes ago, bzane said:

Actually,  the O.P., illadelegend215, first brought Stefon Diggs to everyone's attention in his rookie year, touting him as a future star. And again last year, when he improved. He's been on Stefon's bandwagon, pretty much by himself, since 2015, and for all I know may turn out to be right. If his stats improve as much this year as they did from Year 1 to Year 2, who knows? 

Games Receiving Rushing        
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       27 21 204 143 1716 12.0 9 46 5.3 63.6   7 17 0 12 2.4 0.6 0.3 1733 9 2 15
2015 22 MIN WR 14 13 9 84 52 720 13.8 4 40 4.0 55.4 61.9% 3 13 0 10 4.3 1.0 0.2 733 4 2 8
2016 23 MIN WR 14 13 11 112 84 903 10.8 3 46 6.5 69.5 75.0% 3 10 0 12 3.3 0.8 0.2 913 3 0 7
2017 24 MIN wr 14 1 1 8 7 93 13.3 2 30 7.0 93.0 87.5% 1 -6 0 -6 -6.0 -6.0 1.0 87 2 0  

So it's his mum. Glad that's sorted :)

I swear to god EVERY time, EVERY TIME a player plays against our ****ty defense he suddenly becomes a top 10 player. RB, QB; WR, TE, you name it. Last year I don't know how many players had a career day against the Saints D.

Come on man. Diggs is VERY good but he just played against the New Orleans Saints Defense. 

16 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I like Diggs alot, but it feels like Vikings fans have put him on a pedestal he has never earned the right to be on since he was drafted.    I seem to recall a long thread about him on the old forum during his rookie year that severely overrated him.

Could he be a top 10 WR?   Absolutely....so could about 30+ other WRs in this league, though.    

So gifted its not funny?   Umm...no.   He has the tools be a top 10 WR, for sure.   Youre seriously overrated his supposed gifts though.  He isnt Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones.  Guys like that are "so gifted its not funny".   Diggs isnt anywhere remotely close to that.

Skill wise, looks like Antonio Brown?   I mean....in reality, there are probably quite a few WRs in the league with skills in the realm as Antonio, but its the little things that separate Antonio from just the merely good WRs in this league.    So while Diggs perhaps could be one of them, that doesnt mean he will come anywhere close to Brown (and probably wont), so thats kind of a misleading comparison.     Not a dig on Diggs, but few reach Antonio's level, even the ones that MIGHT have the potential.

Bottom line, I expect Diggs to be good....perhaps even top 10.    Hell, he is very likely already top 20-25....but lets slow down a bit.    Right now, he reminds me more of Santonio Holmes than Antonio Brown.....and at his best, Santonio was a top 10 WR....but he was no Antonio Brown.   

What you are saying about Diggs is true, but you don't need to add so much drama to make you point. 

10 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I don't think he looks like Jerry rice but continue the weak trolling if it makes you feel better.

Jerry Rice

6'2" 200

4.59 40 (Pro Day)

Amazing production at the FCS level

Known for his hands, route running ability, and football IQ

Cooper Kupp

6'2" 205

4.61 40 (Pro Day)

Comparing Kupp to Rice is as valid as comparing Diggs to Antonio Brown.(because neither are valid comparisons at this point in time)

17 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Skill wise, looks like Antonio Brown?   I mean....in reality, there are probably quite a few WRs in the league with skills in the realm as Antonio, but its the little things that separate Antonio from just the merely good WRs in this league.    So while Diggs perhaps could be one of them, that doesnt mean he will come anywhere close to Brown (and probably wont), so thats kind of a misleading comparison.     Not a dig on Diggs, but few reach Antonio's level, even the ones that MIGHT have the potential.   

I know you're being generous, FourThree, but let's be real, there isn't another WR in the NFL right now whose skills are in the same realm as Antonio Brown. Julio is a much freakier athlete. Brown dominates purely based on skill. There isn't another guy who touches him in that regard.

11 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm not sure about that. But he was my #1 choice for Fantasy Waiver Wires after week 1.

He was actually on the waiver wire? 

I thought I got him as a steal in the 8th.

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What is it with overreactions after one game?! 

I don't necessarily think this is an overreaction, I was calling him a potential top 10 WR last year.  He's still being heavily underrated, largely due to his injury problems.

I'm as huge a Diggs fan as anyone here. He's definitely a top 10 talent. But so are about 25 other WRs in today's league. He's got above average H/W/S tools, not elite like most true #1's today. But the thing that stands out to me is his football IQ and polish as a player. He plays his position like an NFL WR should. I think that gives him a huge ceiling that's yet to be realized. I like the kid's future and am supporting him 101%...

4 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

What you are saying about Diggs is true, but you don't need to add so much drama to make you point. 

Drama?   

Its clear you have nothing of value to add to the discussion.  Run along.

4 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

I'm as huge a Diggs fan as anyone here. He's definitely a top 10 talent. But so are about 25 other WRs in today's league. He's got above average H/W/S tools, not elite like most true #1's today. But the thing that stands out to me is his football IQ and polish as a player. He plays his position like an NFL WR should. I think that gives him a huge ceiling that's yet to be realized. I like the kid's future and am supporting him 101%...

Diggs is only 23 years old, his football IQ and route running ability are exceptional at this early stage of his career. He's got fantastic hands too. Diggs lacks the size of a true #1, or at least what we think a true #1, which is rare when you look at who the top 10 WRs likely are (6-1+  210+ pounds). I think the potential and skill set is there to be top 10, he just needs to stay healthy and hope that his QB situation becomes more favorable, as in Bradford staying healthy and having more performances like last Monday carrying the offense.

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ok define "special". Nothing he showed me last year would lead me to call him "special".

Talented? Sure. Special? Get outta here.

Being quick and able to run after the catch doesn't make you "special".

A special talent is something that most of your peers do not have. To actually sit here and say being quick and gain YAC thanks to an assortment of spins and jukes isn't special then I don't know what to tell you. Every wide receiver in the nfl cannot do what stefon diggs does with the rock in his hands. YAC in stride is one thing, but catching a designed slant to grab a first down, but winds up turning into a lot more because of your skillset is a special talent. You clearly did not see much of him last year if you don't think the kid is something special. But hey, making 3 ppl miss is a normal thing in this league of ours and from your reactions I'm guessing your 4th string receiver can do the same thing and probably one of the 20+ receivers better than diggs lol.

Im not saying he is Jerry rice and Randy moss built into one guy, but his skillset tells me he is going to be a beast. 

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Jerry Rice

6'2" 200

4.59 40 (Pro Day)

Cooper Kupp

6'2" 205

4.61 40 (Pro Day)

Comparing Kupp to Rice is as valid as comparing Diggs to Antonio Brown.(because neither are valid comparisons at this point in time)

But this has nothing to do with the topic. I took this as a mockery troll post.

15 hours ago, Aout said:

I swear to god EVERY time, EVERY TIME a player plays against our ****ty defense he suddenly becomes a top 10 player. RB, QB; WR, TE, you name it. Last year I don't know how many players had a career day against the Saints D.

Come on man. Diggs is VERY good but he just played against the New Orleans Saints Defense. 

I've stated something similar before last year, so it isn't about your saints defense, he has had better games than this against Green Bay among other teams. 

11 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

I don't understand why everyone continues to say this. I don't see 30 receivers with top 10 talent at all, these guys may have elite speed here and there, but nothing after that. Diggs has elite route running, I believe he has elite hands as well. Really good speed (could be considered elite since he ran a 4.4)...how is it that no one believes he will go to the next level?

2 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I don't understand why everyone continues to say this. I don't see 30 receivers with top 10 talent at all, these guys may have elite speed here and there, but nothing after that. Diggs has elite route running, I believe he has elite hands as well. Really good speed (could be considered elite since he ran a 4.4)...how is it that no one believes he will go to the next level?

While I'm in your side with the top 10 potential. Let's take it easy with the use of the word elite. You even stated he has 4.4 speed. While that is good...There are probably at least 50 players in the NFL with faster times than that, and several  of them being WR's

Archived