Stefon Diggs will become a top 10 receiver!!!

Illadelegend215

9 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

A special talent is something that most of your peers do not have. To actually sit here and say being quick and gain YAC thanks to an assortment of spins and jukes isn't special then I don't know what to tell you. Every wide receiver in the nfl cannot do what stefon diggs does with the rock in his hands. YAC in stride is one thing, but catching a designed slant to grab a first down, but winds up turning into a lot more because of your skillset is a special talent. You clearly did not see much of him last year if you don't think the kid is something special. But hey, making 3 ppl miss is a normal thing in this league of ours and from your reactions I'm guessing your 4th string receiver can do the same thing and probably one of the 20+ receivers better than diggs lol.

Im not saying he is Jerry rice and Randy moss built into one guy, but his skillset tells me he is going to be a beast. 

Diggs was not even top 20 in yards after the catch last year. His 3.9 YAC per reception was 80th in the NFL.

You say his YAC and quickness makes him "special". Is golden tate "special"? Is he a top 10 receiver?

Diggs juked out multiple guys. Congratulations, a lot of talented NFL receivers have juked out multiple receivers.

NFL Receivers undisputably more talented than Diggs:

Antonio Brown

AJ Green

Julio Jones

Odell Beckham

Jordy Nelson

Deandre Hopkins

Dez Bryant

Mike Evans

TY Hilton

Demaryius Thomas

Amari Cooper

That's an easy 10 receivers that have some combination of being proven and showing more than Diggs. You really think Diggs is better, or will be better than ANYONE on that list? 

Pump the brakes dude.

You're crying that we haven't given him his due and accusing us of never watching him. Just because we like him, it doesn't mean we like him as much as you do.

Adam Thielen had a bigger game than Diggs. Shouldn't you be pushing Adam Thielen as a top 10 receiver?

Adam Thielen looked like the more impressive receiver on monday night.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

NFL Receivers undisputably more talented than Diggs:

Antonio Brown

AJ Green

Julio Jones

Odell Beckham

Jordy Nelson

Deandre Hopkins

Dez Bryant

Mike Evans

TY Hilton

Demaryius Thomas

Amari Cooper

That's an easy 10 receivers that have some combination of being proven and showing more than Diggs. You really think Diggs is better, or will be better than ANYONE on that list? 

Pump the brakes dude.

You're crying that we haven't given him his due and accusing us of never watching him. Just because we like him, it doesn't mean we like him as much as you do.

Adam Thielen had a bigger game than Diggs. Shouldn't you be pushing Adam Thielen as a top 10 receiver?

Adam Thielen looked like the more impressive receiver on monday night.

While some of these guys are clearly better than Diggs at this point. Most of them are hovering closer to that 30 mark, and I'd imagine there will be a drop in play from most when Diggs enters his prime, which is when I could see him putting up some top 10 seasons in this league. 

Antonio Brown- 29 years old

AJ Green- 29 years old 

Julio Jones- 28 years old

Jordy Nelson- 32 years old

Dez Bryant- 29 years old in 2 months.

TY Hilton- 27 years old

Demaryius Thomas- 29 years old

Amari Cooper- Debatable if he's better than Diggs at this point. Slightly better stats to start his career, but has had Derek Carr throwing to him, and been a bit healthier. I don't see much difference in terms of talent between these 2. Their career per game averages are very similar for receiving. Cooper 69 receiving yards per game. Diggs 64 receiving yards per game. Cooper .36 touchdowns per game. Diggs .33 touchdowns per game. Basically the jury is still out if one will separate much from the other in terms of production, but they have similar measurables as well. 

Stefon Diggs- 23 years old

As for the Adam Thielen comments, he's been solid for the Vikings, but this goes to show who is box score scouting and who watches the Vikings if you're making this claim. Diggs is clearly the more impressive WR. Being at the Vikings game the other day I can also say Thielen certainly didn't have a bigger game than Diggs, or are we going to ignore the touchdowns, the insane catch he made near the sidelines where a pass interference flag was thrown, and the illegal hit he took and still caught the ball?

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Amari Cooper- Debatable if he's better than Diggs at this point. Slightly better stats to start his career, but has had Derek Carr throwing to him, and been a bit healthier. I don't see much difference in terms of talent between these 2. Their career per game averages are very similar for receiving. Cooper 69 receiving yards per game. Diggs 64 receiving yards per game. Cooper .36 touchdowns per game. Diggs .33 touchdowns per game. Basically the jury is still out if one will separate much from the other in terms of production, but they have similar measurables as well. 

None of those plays scream top 10 receiver to me. He caught a fade, got no separation on a vertical route, then got hit hard and held on to a ball. A lot of these plays are more Bradford than Diggs, Bradford had a hell of a game.

Cooper was in bracket coverage for the 2nd last half of the year, especially in the redzone, which you'll see if you watch the all-22 from the Raiders last year.  Another dude on youtube covered it quite nicely. He doesn't get the targets he deserves and gets more attention than Diggs, but if you think it's debatable, make a poll...

I don't want to derail this thread with this specific one. Point being, even without him, it's at least 10 receivers. Those guys aren't just gonna drop off a cliff. When Diggs puts together a fantastic season we'll talk.

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

While some of these guys are clearly better than Diggs at this point. Most of them are hovering closer to that 30 mark, and I'd imagine there will be a drop in play from most when Diggs enters his prime, which is when I could see him putting up some top 10 seasons in this league. 

But then you have all the other young WRs such as:

• Amari Cooper
  • Michael Thomas
  • Sammy Watkins
  • Tyreek Hill
  • Brandin Cooks
  • DeAndre Hopkins
  • Mike Evans
  • Odell Beckham Jr.
  • Keenan Allen
  • Davante Adams
  • Cooper Kupp
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Cameron Meredith
  • Allen Robinson
  • Kelvin Benjamin
  • DeVante Parker
  • Corey Coleman
  • Corey Davis

The list continues to go on. Yea, the top WRs will get old, but it's not like the young talent at WR is lacking.

31 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

But then you have all the other young WRs such as:

• Amari Cooper
  • Michael Thomas
  • Sammy Watkins
  • Tyreek Hill
  • Brandin Cooks
  • DeAndre Hopkins
  • Mike Evans
  • Odell Beckham Jr.
  • Keenan Allen
  • Davante Adams
  • Cooper Kupp
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Cameron Meredith
  • Allen Robinson
  • Kelvin Benjamin
  • DeVante Parker
  • Corey Coleman
  • Corey Davis

The list continues to go on. Yea, the top WRs will get old, but it's not like the young talent at WR is lacking.

While there is lots of young talent. Outside of Beckham, Hopkins, and Evans. Who I feel are special talents, I don't think there's much of a talent gap comparing Diggs with any of those other guys at this time, so yes in that case I feel it's very possible Diggs has some top 10 seasons in his prime

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

While there is lots of young talent. Outside of Beckham, Hopkins, and Evans. Who I feel are special talents, I don't think there's much of a talent gap comparing Diggs with any of those other guys at this time, so yes in that case I feel it's very possible Diggs has some top 10 seasons in his prime

But more WRs will enter the league. Some of these guys might end up with better QB situations or on better offenses. Is it possible for Diggs? Sure. But there's no guarantees.

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

But more WRs will enter the league. Some of these guys might end up with better QB situations or on better offenses. Is it possible for Diggs? Sure. But there's no guarantees.

How do we know that Diggs won't be on a good to great offense in the future as well. If memory serves me right you're a pretty big Sam Bradford advocate. He's been good when he gets decent protection with the Vikings. That's why it is a prediction there's simply no guarantees for Diggs OR any of these other guys which is why we post on this board

17 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

How do we know that Diggs won't be on a good to great offense in the future as well. If memory serves me right you're a pretty big Sam Bradford advocate. He's been good when he gets decent protection with the Vikings. That's why it is a prediction there's simply no guarantees for Diggs OR any of these other guys which is why we post on this board

We don't. He might. 

He might have played against the Saints but he still had some incredible catches. The TD was amazing I thought, but the catch along the sidelines with the guy grabbing onto him made me say how the hell did he catch that. 

The Vikings haven't had much WR talent since Moss left. Can't blame us fans for being excited about Diggs and ThielenB| 

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Seeing as you're a big stats guy, at least half that list Jrry made has put up bigger numbers than Diggs. Based on your logic, not only does Diggs not have a case for top 10 right now because there are at least 10 guys better right now, but he doesn't even have a case over a lot of the young receivers Jrry mentioned either.

You're not gonna tell me with a straight face that Diggs is a better receiver RIGHT NOW based on what he's done, then say Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins. You also aren't taking into account that it's very possible that "special" receivers come into the NFL when Diggs is hitting his prime, just like guys like Julio, OBJ, and Green have slowly fed into the league. The other young guys may continue to ascend or bounce back from injuries as well.

I feel it's very possible that Amari Cooper will be a top 5 receiver, but where is the thread I made? Do I have substantive evidence? No. Therefore, is there a thread based on my "feeling"? No. That's how you draw ire to a player.

No one wants to hear speculation about something that hasn't happened A GAME INTO THE YEAR.

For ****** sake, let the guy have 1000 yards ONCE before we start projecting his illustrious career.

You're hyping him after one good game. And it's not like the guy lit the SAINTS up for 200+ yards. He had 90 yards and 2 touchdowns. He made some plays, but cmon man.

10 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

He might have played against the Saints but he still had some incredible catches. The TD was amazing I thought, but the catch along the sidelines with the guy grabbing onto him made me say how the hell did he catch that. 

The Vikings haven't had much WR talent since Moss left. Can't blame us fans for being excited about Diggs and ThielenB| 

There's nothing wrong with being excited about him. If you made a thread like "stefon diggs was the steal of the draft", or something to that sort, no one would be coming after Diggs at all. Proclaiming him a future top 10 receiver after one game will do that.

Archived