Bowl Season- Prospect Discussion

1ForTheThumb

Figured it'd be a good time to get this thread underway. It's never too early to start talking NFL Draft prospects and next season's needs.

Obviously, WR  and TE are big needs. Based on what I've read, the TE class is pretty weak, but the WR class is loaded. Lucky for us, we should be able to get a talented WR in Round 3 no problem. With no second round pick, I wouldn't even hate grabbing one of the bigger name guys at the end of round 1 again. Smith from Alabama would add another dimension to this offense. Higgins from Clemson would be awesome as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Let's get to some of the "obvious" prospects that will be highly coveted, first.

CeeDee Lamb, wide receiver from Oklahoma

(IMO) Jalen Hurts, quarterback from Oklahoma

Tristan Wirfs, right tackle from Iowa

Jake Fromm, quarterback from Georgia

Jared Pinkney, tight end from Vanderbilt

No. Oh God no. Fromm has looked completely undraftable the past month. Belichick has recently shown a fondness for Bulldogs, so who knows.

I am, however, very interested in Hurts. He's mentally tough and has a winners' mentality. I'd love him to be Brady's successor.

Edited by Elky

I'm not going to bother looking at or grading WRs, I'm going to close my eyes and put my finger down on one - the BB way :D 

Kidding. 

I think we forget TEs if they're weak, Bill has shown he won't go there unless they're awesome. We'll address that in FA. I think we need to hit OL early.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:27 PM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire = James White.

Better runner than White. One of my favorites in the draft.

I also like AJ Dillon. I see him as a offensive fullback. I know he hasn't caught anything in college however I saw film where he did catch the ball naturally. I see a Tom Rathman type fullback.  Put him in with James White gives option to run or block while White does his magic.

Cip 20, 7.00 time  shows him catching the ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nJI8Jgfjrg

Edited by m haynes

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 3:48 PM, dhunt2402 said:

The last time Belichick had this much time to scout the upcoming draft class, we ended up with McCourty and Gronk with our first two picks.

You got that from a YouTube comment.

It's a nice thought, but we didn't make the playoffs in 2008 and all we really got in the 2009 draft was Patrick Chung and Sebastian Vollmer.

Edited by Elky