Bowl Season- Prospect Discussion

1ForTheThumb

Tight ends that I think profile as Patriots draft targets include:

Hunter Bryant, Albert Okwurgbunam, Jared Pinkney, Cheyenne O'Grady, Mitchell Wilcox.

Bryant is a speed demon - basically a wide receiver. "Albert O" is a great high point/jump ball hands catcher with a feel for the sideline. Pinkney has great potential as a blocker and has been used as an H-back. O'Grady seems to me like best combination of traits in the draft at tight end; Gronk-like YAC and energy guy. Wilcox dives for catches routinely and is tough with perhaps underrated athleticism.

This quarantine has given me the most free time I've had in years. I've used most of it to look at draft prospects more than I ever have for any particular NFL Draft. This is my list of players I feel the Patriots need to have on their board. I mostly only reviewed prospects at positions of need, so you won't see many, if anyone at all, listed at OL, DB, RB etc...

• QB - Anthony Gordon
  • WR - Tee Higgins (getting knocked down boards for no apparent reason. Maybe because he didn't do much at the Combine? He's the safest prospect IMO.)
  • WR - Henry Ruggs (slim chance, just give us some speed for once)
  • WR - Justin Jefferson (Line him up anywhere)
  • WR - KJ Hill (Jarvis Landry re-incarnated. Best hands in the draft if you ask me. They are vacuums.)
  • WR - KJ Hamler
  • WR - Jalen Reagor (can we just draft a game changer for once?)
  • WR - Brandon Aiyuk (The Arizona State WR we should have drafted)
  • WR - Michael Pittman Jr (I'd take KJ Hill and this guy as value later in the draft if Pats don't spend high at the position)
  • WR - Denzel Mims 
  • WR - Van Jefferson (Best route runner in the class)
  • WR - Kalija Lipscomb (Most underrated WR in the draft)
  • RB/WR - Antonio Gibson (Molding clay. Cordarrelle Patterson who actually has potential to develop)
  • TE - Harrison Bryant 
  • TE - Devin Asisasi
  • TE - Jared Pinkney
  • DL - Ross Blacklock (Disruption is real)
  • DL - Jordan Elliot (See above etc..)
  • DL - AJ Epenesa (Typical Patriots DE who could plug inside or outside and wreck)
  • DL - Raekwon Davis 
  • DL - Yetur Gross-Matos (The ceiling is through the roof, but questionable if he could ever get there. The quickness and speed at that length is ridiculous)
  • Edge - K'lavon Chaisson 
  • Edge - Alton Robinson (I think he has 1st round pass rush ability)
  • Edge - Anfernee Jennings (most underrated pass rusher in the draft. The IQ, awareness, POA just calls out to Belichick)
  • Edge - Jabari Zuniga 
  • Edge - Bradley Anae (Polished and versatile)
  • Edge - Darrell Taylor
  • Edge - Jonathan Greenard
  • LB - Zach Baun 
  • LB - Patrick Queen
  • LB - Logan Wilson (long term starter if you ask me)
  • LB - Evan Weaver (I've never said this about a prospect before. Reminds me of Tedy Bruschi.)
  • LB - Jordan Mack

Anyone with a lock to go Top 20, I basically left off the board. The WR class is indeed one of the best I've ever seen. I was trying to find players I did not like. You have guys slotted for the 3-4th rounds who are late 1st rounders in average years. I'm not so worried about using high draft capital on the offensive line. Patriots do need depth pieces there, but they naturally hit there wherever they draft at that position. Still, wouldn't be surprised to see Belichick use a high pick on one, then find a way to start the top 5 OL going into the season. Patriots would be smart to use a high pick on IDL as it's slim pickings after the top tier of guys go. I do like the Edge/OLB group all the way through. Lots of guys who could play two-way in odd fronts which the Pats like to employ. It would be a little upsetting if the Patriots don't come away from this draft with 2 pass catchers and 2 defensive front seven players going into the future. 

• Like 1

Here players I like throughout the draft. Good players not especially high round picks. I do have a few but in general low round picks. Bold I really like.

I hate WR picks in the 1st RD.

Pats
Solomon Kindley, G, Georgia
Tyre phillips miss state ol
Tyler Biadasz*, C, Wisconsin ------Big need
 Matt Hennessy,OC Temple  --------- Great balance, smooth
 Thayor Munford G  Ohio State
 John Simpson, OG, Clemson
Ezra Cleveland [ OT ] Boise State

Brady Ross, FB, Iowa
 Ben VanSumeren, FB, Michigan

K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State  ---- -----------  Perfect all he does is catch football
Johnathon Johnson WR, Missouri
Justin Jefferson WR  LSU    ------ ------So underrated --- if we trade to the 2nd RD.
KJ Hamler wr Penn st   -------- Dynamite
James Proche [ WR ] SMU
Aaron Fuller [ WR ] Washington
Van Jefferson [ WR ] Florida
Tyler Johnson [ WR ] Minnesota
Lynn Bowden [ WR ] Kentucky    ------One of my favorite player in the draft -- plays positions QB, WR, PR, KR, Maybe  3rd down RB

Leki Fotu, NT, Utah
 Josiah Coatney, NT, Ole Miss
 DT Davon Hamilton ohio state    --- intensity
 Khalil Davis [ IDL ] Nebraska

AJ Dillon [ RB ] Boston College   -----the next A Smith,  C Dillon and Blount

Jaylinn Hawkins, S, California
Terrell Burgess [ S ] Utah
Geno Stone [ S ] Iowa              ---------Chung replacement
Tanner Muse [ S ] Clemson

Evan Weaver, ILB, California
 Malik Harrison [ LB ] Ohio State    ----Hits like a freight train

Joshiah Deguara [ TE ] Cincinnati   2nd TE can catch find seams
Thaddeus Moss [ TE ] LSU
Colby Parkinson [ TE ] Stanford

Anthony Gordon [ QB ] Washington State   It to bad the draft has woken up concerning  Gorden, perfect sleeper.

Tyler Bass [ K ] Georgia Southern  

Edited by m haynes

15 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Did anyone call us getting N'Keal last year. Maybe pulse did, I can't remember.

We all SUCK at second guessing the great one. I've given up :D

Not really.  I just pick out the players I don't like,  bingo we pick him!:D

• Like 1

Her a list of draft choices I hated or was shock and confused!  The head scratchers or the "WHAT" picks . Some of the players I knew we would take but didn't want.  Note. I hate FLA players.  We pick one, he will stink.  This is not anything but how I felt at the time right or wrong. In order that drove me nuts!

Laurence Maroney WHO!!!!! DeAngelo Williams, Joseph Addai, who was  my favorite,   still on the board.

Ras-I Dowling --- not the player but not trading the pick. It was the 1st time with the new draft format.  1st pick second RD  Then you look him up injuries in college!! He was also a player that wasn't rated as high as others still on the board. Your could say our 1st Jordan Richard type pick!

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/10/ras-i-dowling-the-patriots-latest-draft-bust-at-cornerback.html

Jermaine Cunningham  ---- A " what the F." pick. Unknown, with his teamate who was the star of the team still on the board.   Carlos Dunlap played on other side.

Nate Solder -- Hated this pick. His tape was horrible. I knew we would take him.

Dominique Easley ---  Hyped as top 5 pick but knees would knock him down the board. I new he would end up on the Pats

Derek Rivers ---- Hyped as small school player to watch, had the combine #s

Duke Dawson ---  I hate FLA players. They stink at the next level. Especially WRs and DBs

Logan Mankins  A freaking guard, in a lot of mocks going to Pats.

Ron Brace   Said football a job not his passion

Danny Etling ---  I new we would take a QB but in 7RD!!!! His BIO no mistakes.

Crap I forgot one, Tramon Wilson 2nd RD  WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWhhhhhhhhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! at the time I trusted BB but still shocked

Edited by m haynes

17 hours ago, m haynes said:

Her a list of draft choices I hated or was shock and confused!  The head scratchers or the "WHAT" picks . Some of the players I knew we would take but didn't want.  Note. I hate FLA players.  We pick one, he will stink.  This is not anything but how I felt at the time right or wrong. In order that drove me nuts!

Laurence Maroney WHO!!!!! DeAngelo Williams, Joseph Addai, who was  my favorite,   still on the board.

Ras-I Dowling --- not the player but not trading the pick. It was the 1st time with the new draft format.  1st pick second RD  Then you look him up injuries in college!! He was also a player that wasn't rated as high as others still on the board. Your could say our 1st Jordan Richard type pick!

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/10/ras-i-dowling-the-patriots-latest-draft-bust-at-cornerback.html

Jermaine Cunningham  ---- A " what the F." pick. Unknown, with his teamate who was the star of the team still on the board.   Carlos Dunlap played on other side.

Nate Solder -- Hated this pick. His tape was horrible. I knew we would take him.

Dominique Easley ---  Hyped as top 5 pick but knees would knock him down the board. I new he would end up on the Pats

Derek Rivers ---- Hyped as small school player to watch, had the combine #s

Duke Dawson ---  I hate FLA players. They stink at the next level. Especially WRs and DBs

Logan Mankins  A freaking guard, in a lot of mocks going to Pats.

Ron Brace   Said football a job not his passion

Danny Etling ---  I new we would take a QB but in 7RD!!!! His BIO no mistakes.

Crap I forgot one, Tramon Wilson 2nd RD  WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWhhhhhhhhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! at the time I trusted BB but still shocked

Agreed on all of them apart from the green (I have thing about OLs apparently). In fact, I'd say well over half of BB's pick got me like 'what?'

Cyrus Jones! Was in Europe staying up until 3am to watch us draft that bust.