Bowl Season- Prospect Discussion

1ForTheThumb

Patriots usually draft a solid but unspectacular mid-round prospect at QB I like but don’t love, (Stidham, Brissett), or a QB they fall in love with but I hate, (Jim Garrfieldpolo, Kevin Owhydidyoudraftme’O’Connell).

Based on these two factors, or metics if you will, I am expecting Jordan Love or Jacob Eason in the first when I’d be happier with Fromm or Hurts at 23 or even a trade up for Tua or Herbert that is an overpay.

If Eason were the pick in the first, it would represent the Stidham/Brissett picks of the past. Solid, unspectacular, but what is the plan here?

If Love is the guy in the first, I would like the beautiful pass every other throw but overall I’d be disappointed.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I am expecting Jordan Love or Jacob Eason

I agree what your saying however you have the wrong QBs. BB wants mistake free QB, team leaders. He draft guys like you mentioned. He likes the Myatt Flinn, Danny, Etling Jake Fromm types. Eason there is no way on earth he picks that guy unless he fall ridiculously low in the draft EX Ryan Malatthead.

Reminds me of Jeff George and Cutler. Throw it and hopes it happens!!

Edited by m haynes

10 hours ago, m haynes said:

I agree what your saying however you have the wrong QBs. BB wants mistake free QB, team leaders. He draft guys like you mentioned. He likes the Myatt Flinn, Danny, Etling Jake Fromm types. Eason there is no way on earth he picks that guy unless he fall ridiculously low in the draft EX Ryan Malatthead.

Reminds me of Jeff George and Cutler. Throw it and hopes it happens!!

Forgot about Mallett/Etling in my comparisons, (and didn’t think to include Hoyer). I didn’t have a strong reaction to any of them. Etling was obviously not a serious QB candidate. Hoyer was definitely a meh pick but I liked his chances of sticking around when brought on board initially. Mallett had some nice attributes but I didn’t care for him as a prospect all that much because of his lack of intangibles.

Because Herbert, Tua, Fromm, and Hurts fit the mold of what the Pats typically seek, that means the Pats will probably do the opposite and end up loving Eason or Love. That was what I was saying.

• Like 1

if he wants Fromm he'll have to take him in the first. Because he's a QB, he will be gone by the 3rd.

But Fromm....Stidham....what's the difference when your roster has more holes than swiss cheese? This is a rebuild year. Get a QB next year, I say. Fill the roster with young talent now.

Trade the 1

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

if he wants Fromm he'll have to take him in the first. Because he's a QB, he will be gone by the 3rd.

But Fromm....Stidham....what's the difference when your roster has more holes than swiss cheese? This is a rebuild year. Get a QB next year, I say. Fill the roster with young talent now.

Trade the 1

Few look at Sid as the real deal. Lets say it happens. You wasted a valuable asset on a QB at 23. I agree, we have to trade the pick. turn 23 into 1000 other choices. 2/3 RD is loaded with talent.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssy0Xffj8K4  This is why I question A.J. Epenesa as 1st round talent. Jackson LT ( maybe not at full health) handles him easily  IMO.  I just don't like him at 23. No star potential, rotation guy.

If you think AJ worth 23 what's that say about Jackson.

Jackson health after saving sister life.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2020/02/26/austin-jackson-usc-nfl-draft-bone-marrow-donate-sister/4883739002/

Edited by m haynes

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssy0Xffj8K4  This is why I question A.J. Epenesa as 1st round talent. Jackson LT ( maybe not at full health) handles him easily  IMO.  I just don't like him at 23. No star potential, rotation guy.

If you think AJ worth 23 what's that say about Jackson.

Jackson health after saving sister life.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2020/02/26/austin-jackson-usc-nfl-draft-bone-marrow-donate-sister/4883739002/

Epeneza is never a 1st round talent. So many players getting overrated this year. Every time I've seen Epeneza Scrooge he looks stuck. Gets HANDLED. 

Deguara has a sick tan and beard combo, and I think he'll be available late...but not sure how much of a receiver he'll be. Looks quite sluggish. Think he might be short too, for a TE, but maybe his blocking is good. He's a grown *** man already.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Precisely. First or trade back. I suggested the Chargers may trade up with the Pats for Jalen Hurts and give up #37 & #71. I'd be happy getting Fromm at 23 but at 37 plus a fourth third round pick on top of it is better value.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Trade the 1

Although the roster isn't that bad, I agree with not trading up for Tua or anyone. I think Tua and Burrow and Herbert all will fail to live uo to their draft pedigree when all is said and done.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Precisely. First or trade back. I suggested the Chargers may trade up with the Pats for Jalen Hurts and give up #37 & #71. I'd be happy getting Fromm at 23 but at 37 plus a fourth third round pick on top of it is better value.

Although the roster isn't that bad, I agree with not trading up for Tua or anyone. I think Tua and Burrow and Herbert all will fail to live uo to their draft pedigree when all is said and done.

I like Fromm but at 23 the TV goes out the window!  I have faith in Sid until he proves me wrong.  Every story has been repeated over and over. The new one this week is Fromm from a joke QB at the next level and rag arm is now pushing 1st round choice AFTER PHONE INTERVIEWS!!!

I hoping we take him with 95 or 100 pick. Where you can take a chance with 3rd RD multiple picks. I love it if both Sid and Fromm have success and  make choosing a starter difficult

26 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Fromm from a joke QB

Maybe that is an exaggeration by you, or maybe that is the misinformed perception people have had, but Fromm has never been a joke since he took over for Eason his freshman year. Fromm is reportedly well liked in the NFL and discrepancies in evaluations on a team to team basis will be more varied than usual as I shared here already.