Week 15: Dolphins vs. Giants (Bengals V Pats too)

theJ

Who do you want to win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win?

• Giants
    • Dolphins
  2. 2. Who do you think will win?

• Giants
    • Dolphins

5 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

On a side note I don’t know what our obsession is with forcing the ball to Erickson. 

coaches kid, gritty, etc

IMO he probably shouldn't be around next year.  There are now other better returners on the team, and it's obvious he's not a good receiver.

15 hours ago, theJ said:

I think you're right, but man it still makes me nervous.

I'll be nervous about it until it's statistically Impossible for us to lose the top pick.  Even if Burrow turns out to be not the guy, it will be the same thing like hiring Taylor was this year, moving on from the guy who is solid but you know won't win the big one for you.

Couple of good and bad standouts from today. Darius Phillips is a stud. I'm not sure why he hasn't been seeing snaps over BW Webb, especially at this point in the season. He should actually be a core member of our secondary moving forward. That's the good. The bad is John Ross and Billy Price are still terrible and need to go. There's nothing redeeming about their game at all.

Edited by SmittyBacall

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Couple of good and bad standouts from today. Darius Phillips is a stud. I'm not sure why he hasn't been seeing snaps over BW Webb, especially at this point in the season. He should actually be a core member of our secondary moving forward. That's the good. The bad is John Ross and Billy Price are still terrible and need to go. There's nothing redeeming about their game at all.

Phillips was out most of the year. Just returned. 

Ross has some redeeming qualities. He showed them earlier this year. But they won't and shouldn't pick up his fifth year option. Let it ride next year and see what happens. 

Just now, theJ said:

Phillips was out most of the year. Just returned. 

What I mean is, why wouldn't they start him today if he's healthy? We're at the point in the year where we should be evaluating what we have. They waited for WJIII to go down before he got significant snaps. We know who Webb is as a player. Let's see what we have in Phillips. We made the same mistake with Devontae Harris who turned into a decent corner in Denver.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

Ross has some redeeming qualities. He showed them earlier this year. But they won't and shouldn't pick up his fifth year option. Let it ride next year and see what happens. 

Eh, for every good play Ross makes, he'll make two bad ones. He can very easily be replaced. But you're right, we'll ride him out for 2020.